The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"There's an old food truck in Kenora that sells fresh pickerel caught from Lake of the Woods with handcut fries. It is mouthwatering.

I find fresh water fish to have a stronger taste and aroma.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/6061A8E8-0382-445A-88EC-AF5DB8574F66_zpsfq2psdhk.jpg.html">

Scored some Wahoo from a fishermen on the beach yesterday. What flavor this fish has.  ac_hithere

I have never heard of it Twenty Dollars.

ac_blush

It's similar to Mahi Mahi but better. Super mild buttery flavor. Mostly found in tropical waters. Difficult to get because it's in demand in the restaurants. Must never be over cooked.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"There's an old food truck in Kenora that sells fresh pickerel caught from Lake of the Woods with handcut fries. It is mouthwatering.

I find this to be true too. Never eat fresh water fish. Makes me think of Tilapia, Carp, catfish.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

I find this to be true too. Never eat fresh water fish. Makes me think of Tilapia, Carp, catfish.

Do you like colder water fresh water fish like speckled trout, Arctic char or white fish?

Anonymous

Do you like colder water fresh water fish like speckled trout, Arctic char or white fish?

I was raised on fresh water fish,  but I can take or leave most of it. Pickerel is good of course, but most are not so hot. Lake trout I do not like at all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I was raised on fresh water fish,  but I can take or leave most of it. Pickerel is good of course, but most are not so hot. Lake trout I do not like at all.

We usually get frozen salt water fish..

My brother in Manitoba has access to fresh water fish close to his house.

Twenty Dollars

I've eaten trout many times. Char or white fish no.

Anonymous

What kind of trout Twenty Dollars?

I don't like rainbow trout.

Twenty Dollars

I think it was rainbow trout. My grand father was obsessed with trout fishing. He could sit there for hours doing it. On a rock, working a stream or on a boat.

Anonymous

I think it was rainbow trout. My grand father was obsessed with trout fishing. He could sit there for hours doing it. On a rock, working a stream or on a boat.

If he was on a rock, it was shallow water which means it would have been rainbow trout..

People on acreages with ponds stock them with rainbow trout because they are one of the few game fish that can survive in them.

Twenty Dollars

If he was on a rock, it was shallow water which means it would have been rainbow trout..

People on acreages with ponds stock them with rainbow trout because they are one of the few game fish that can survive in them.

Another way to live off the land. I'd love to have a veg garden here, but there are too many critters.I do have a beautiful yard, but not much edible. I'll post some photos some time

Anonymous

I would love to see them Twenty Dollars.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Perch is pretty good.

Anonymous

Another way to live off the land. I'd love to have a veg garden here, but there are too many critters.I do have a beautiful yard, but not much edible. I'll post some photos some time

People don't stock ponds with rainbow to live off the land. A catch and release hobby.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Herman"

People don't stock ponds with rainbow to live off the land. A catch and release hobby.

Why? Wouldn't the trout reproduce?