The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=459840 time=1655313671 user_id=3226
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=459803 time=1655307731 user_id=3254
Corn bread is usually a little bit sweet isn't it?

Montana's restaurants has a piece of corn bread with each meal ordered.

It's a little bit sweet.....maybe a little more than banana bread.

https://thebluecashew.net/viewtopic.php?p=447924#p447924">https://thebluecashew.net/viewtopic.php?p=447924#p447924

also, in the I tried rice and beans thread.

It's usually a semi sweet dessert bread here..

There is another local barbeque place here that serves cornbread.......it's semi sweet too, like Monatana's.

cw_

They are doing it wrong.  It's going to be somewhat sweet because corn is, but most restaurants and grocery stores sell it made with tons of added sugar.  Make it yourself to experience cornbread greatness.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=459853 time=1655317582 user_id=3226
They are doing it wrong.  It's going to be somewhat sweet because corn is, but most restaurants and grocery stores sell it made with tons of added sugar.  Make it yourself to experience cornbread greatness.

I would guess that most people in Western Canada think of it as kind of sweet..

It's not a common item in grocery stores here.

Anonymous

I'm buying takeout ramen tonight for my family.

Anonymous

We were planning on doing marianted boneless skinless chicken breasts on the barbeque today, but we are under a severe thunderstorm watch..

I''ll cut them in strips, batter them and fry them instead.

kiebers

To a lot it is for sure. The boxed Jiffy mix has sugar. I actually prefer it without sugar. Growing up I never had cornbread with sugar at home. Course it was made from scratch and sugar was not added. Now with the box mixes I think they all have sugar. Next time we do this recipe, I will make the cornbread instead of using a box mix, and there will be no sugar added.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=460345 time=1655563383 user_id=193

To a lot it is for sure. The boxed Jiffy mix has sugar. I actually prefer it without sugar. Growing up I never had cornbread with sugar at home. Course it was made from scratch and sugar was not added. Now with the box mixes I think they all have sugar. Next time we do this recipe, I will make the cornbread instead of using a box mix, and there will be no sugar added.

Like I was saying to cw_, corn bread in Canada usually means kind of sweet.....you know like banana bread or scones.

Anonymous

I'm making vegetarian miso vermicelli soup today for meatless Monday.

Anonymous

I'm making sweet and sour chicken tonight.

Breakfall

French onion and beef soup with garlic-infused, cheesed sliced potatoes...my missus excelled with this winter dish. So tasty...

">

Frood

Egg salad with diced onions... for a night time snack and lunches for the next two days....
Blahhhhhh...

Breakfall

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=460814 time=1655884797 user_id=1676
Egg salad with diced onions... for a night time snack and lunches for the next two days....

Pics or it didn't happen! Look at my previous post and tell me that didn't make your mouth salivate?? Eh?

Frood

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=460818 time=1655891033 user_id=3358
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=460814 time=1655884797 user_id=1676

Pics or it didn't happen! Look at my previous post and tell me that didn't make your mouth salivate?? Eh?

Didn't think pictures of egg salad and tomato wraps were up to scratch, but yeah... your meal looked nice.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=460813 time=1655884593 user_id=3358
French onion and beef soup with garlic-infused, cheesed sliced potatoes...my missus excelled with this winter dish. So tasty...

">

A very different French onion soup.

Breakfall

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=460823 time=1655893211 user_id=1676
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=460818 time=1655891033 user_id=3358

Didn't think pictures of egg salad and tomato wraps were up to scratch, but yeah... your meal looked nice.

It was gourMET tasty! Lol