The best topic

Replies: 10488
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:11:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor" And when y'all add more coals, do you add lit coals?

No. We don't do it that way. I want to try that but since it is her pit and she insists on doing it her way.....pick your battles and that ain't worth fussing over....LOL

Lol right on, I will try this before the summer is over!  ac_drinks
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Once you get it started you only sop it every hour or so. Fat side always stays up. We rotate it when we sop it to cook it even with the indirect heat. Once you get the temp regulated and the meat on, sit back and relax or do other things. The sides shouldn't take that long.

We have some fresh pinto beans that we will make "Cowboy Baked Beans" with. Then we will make some potato salad. Typical sides for brisket. May throw some corn on the grill, that would go good for sure.

This is the bean recipe using Ranch Style beans and pork and beans. Really nice spicy heat level.

How long does it take to regulate the temperature before you can put the brisket on?

And I don't know what sop means?

ac_blush

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"Once you get it started you only sop it every hour or so. Fat side always stays up. We rotate it when we sop it to cook it even with the indirect heat. Once you get the temp regulated and the meat on, sit back and relax or do other things. The sides shouldn't take that long.

We have some fresh pinto beans that we will make "Cowboy Baked Beans" with. Then we will make some potato salad. Typical sides for brisket. May throw some corn on the grill, that would go good for sure.

This is the bean recipe using Ranch Style beans and pork and beans. Really nice spicy heat level.

How long does it take to regulate the temperature before you can put the brisket on?

ac_blush

Shouldn't take more than 10-15 mins. Once the coals are going put the lid on and start closing the vents down to lower the temp. Just keep an eye on it for a bit and work the temp down with the vents. Never close them completely. Just remember how much the vents are open once you get it regulated and you will be able to start that way the next time you want to do it. Our lid to the grill has a temperature gauge. I will post a pic of the top vent later today showing how much we close it.

"Sopping" is using the bbq mop to wet the the brisket down every hour or so. The recipe for the sop is on the page I linked. We don't keep the pot on the grill as the pic suggests, we just keep it by the grill.

">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I'm getting an idea of how you smoke brisket kiebers..

And please show us that picture of the top vents.

Blazor

Think Im picking up a couple slices of some good pizza from downtown tonight.

Tomorrow Im gonna try something new, Hawaiin Shrimp. Gonna skewer shrimp and pineapple, then mix sweet and sour sauce and pineapple juice and brush them with that and grill them. Prolly have a veggie steamer and rice with it, followed by a pineapple cider beer.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Think Im picking up a couple slices of some good pizza from downtown tonight.

Tomorrow Im gonna try something new, Hawaiin Shrimp. Gonna skewer shrimp and pineapple, then mix sweet and sour sauce and pineapple juice and brush them with that and grill them. Prolly have a veggie steamer and rice with it, followed by a pineapple cider beer.

You've given me an idea, save the beer of course.

Anonymous

ac_blush

Shouldn't take more than 10-15 mins. Once the coals are going put the lid on and start closing the vents down to lower the temp. Just keep an eye on it for a bit and work the temp down with the vents. Never close them completely. Just remember how much the vents are open once you get it regulated and you will be able to start that way the next time you want to do it. Our lid to the grill has a temperature gauge. I will post a pic of the top vent later today showing how much we close it.

"Sopping" is using the bbq mop to wet the the brisket down every hour or so. The recipe for the sop is on the page I linked. We don't keep the pot on the grill as the pic suggests, we just keep it by the grill.

">
When you post about your back yard bbq adventures I regret I bought a condo. But then it's winter and I have heated underground parking.

kiebers

Quote from: "seoulbro"
When you post about your back yard bbq adventures I regret I bought a condo. But then it's winter and I have heated underground parking.

Sorry...not really....LOLOL

Pics in a few minutes. Uploading now then have to resize them. It sure tastes good.....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Sorry...not really....LOLOL

Pics in a few minutes. Uploading now then have to resize them. It sure tastes good.....

I look forward to seeing what my condo rules prevent me from having.

kiebers

After:

http://i.imgur.com/0pLR8KU.jpg?1">

Ran out of smoke wood so didn't get quite the smoke ring...Still was good.

http://i.imgur.com/H9hteQ4.jpg?1">

That black piece is about an inch thick and was the end piece. Damn it was good. Corn and cheesy potato and onion. Beans didn't get finished. Did I mention it was good?

http://i.imgur.com/0GXmm18.jpg?1">

">

Anonymous

Make me up a plate kiebers, I am coming over.

kiebers

LOL  We are heading out to get a margarita. No food, just a marg sounded really good after eating.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Think Im picking up a couple slices of some good pizza from downtown tonight.

You've given me an idea, save the beer of course.

ac_drinks

:laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"LOL  We are heading out to get a margarita. No food, just a marg sounded really good after eating.

Damn man it looked awesome!  ac_drinks

I just mowed the grass, I needed a beer. Been a long day! Woke up this morning and my main window AC unit went out. Got up to 95 outside today too. By the time I brought my small unit up front from my bedroom the house was 79, down to 75 now. I'll spare ya the rest of todays disasters lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"After:

http://i.imgur.com/0pLR8KU.jpg?1">

Ran out of smoke wood so didn't get quite the smoke ring...Still was good.

http://i.imgur.com/H9hteQ4.jpg?1">

That black piece is about an inch thick and was the end piece. Damn it was good. Corn and cheesy potato and onion. Beans didn't get finished. Did I mention it was good?

http://i.imgur.com/0GXmm18.jpg?1">

">
Looks damned good, even if the smoke ring is not perfect.