The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"Here's something quick and easy...

get several pounds of pork fillets - pork chops without the bone.

Grease a 9x13 and brown the pork in a pan, then throw the pork right on in with a little salt, pepper, etc.

Add 1 can of cream of asparagus soup and 1 can of cream of chicken soup.

Cook on 375 for an hour or so.I tend to cook pork well done because it's pork.

Serve with mashed taters, corn, hot rolls, whatever.

Stay tuned for some crock pot recipes...

You had me until I read cream soup....gross me right fucking out.

Anonymous

I've only ever run across one recipe that does seem to work better with cream soup.  It's a smothered Georgia style pork chop recipe.  You brown 4 nice rib chops in cast iron, turn down the heat, put a 6mm slice of white onion on each one, pour the sauce over, cover and simmer really low for 20 to 30 minutes.

The sauce is condensed cream of asparagus or celery, a half can, diluted with a third of a cup of apple juice that you've heated and melted a quarter cup of peanut butter into, and some fresh ground white or black pepper...It sounds awful, but you can't really taste the peanut butter.  I usually add a pinch of celery seed to the sauce as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"I've only ever run across one recipe that does seem to work better with cream soup.  It's a smothered Georgia style pork chop recipe.  You brown 4 nice rib chops in cast iron, turn down the heat, put a 6mm slice of white onion on each one, pour the sauce over, cover and simmer really low for 20 to 30 minutes.

The sauce is condensed cream of asparagus or celery, a half can, diluted with a third of a cup of apple juice that you've heated and melted a quarter cup of peanut butter into, and some fresh ground white or black pepper...It sounds awful, but you can't really taste the peanut butter.  I usually add a pinch of celery seed to the sauce as well.

I don't like peanut butter, so I won't be trying that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Peaches"I've only ever run across one recipe that does seem to work better with cream soup.  It's a smothered Georgia style pork chop recipe.  You brown 4 nice rib chops in cast iron, turn down the heat, put a 6mm slice of white onion on each one, pour the sauce over, cover and simmer really low for 20 to 30 minutes.

Have you tried cashew or almond butter?

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"Here's something quick and easy...

get several pounds of pork fillets - pork chops without the bone.

Grease a 9x13 and brown the pork in a pan, then throw the pork right on in with a little salt, pepper, etc.

Add 1 can of cream of asparagus soup and 1 can of cream of chicken soup.

Cook on 375 for an hour or so.I tend to cook pork well done because it's pork.

Serve with mashed taters, corn, hot rolls, whatever.

Stay tuned for some crock pot recipes...

You had me until I read cream soup....gross me right fucking out.

The soup turns into a gravy after cooking. If you try it, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Have you tried cashew or almond butter?

No.

@realAzhyaAryola

I've tried almond butter. Very nice.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I've tried almond butter. Very nice.

It's expensive.

Mac N Cheese

I tried something almost the same. It was mmm mmm good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mac N Cheese"

I tried something almost the same. It was mmm mmm good.

Welcome Mac N Cheese.

ac_hithere

Anonymous

We had some amazing smoked beef ribs. Better than a T-bone.

Twenty Dollars

Sounds good Herman. It's Sunday and I feel like fixing something special for dinner today. No chicken though. Real sick of it. Would appreciate any suggestions. It's been too hot to cook, but it would be nice to have a solid feed.

@realAzhyaAryola

Pulled pork. Yum.

http://www.itsfordinner.com/media/uploads/recipe/pulled-pork-oven-bbq/pulled-pork-5-after-cooking-2.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Pulled pork. Yum.

http://www.itsfordinner.com/media/uploads/recipe/pulled-pork-oven-bbq/pulled-pork-5-after-cooking-2.jpg">

Wow that looks good. Id be hard pressed to find a pork butt in town today. Ribs might be the answer. I like plain pork ribs. Not in a rack like baby backs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Wow that looks good. Id be hard pressed to find a pork butt in town today. Ribs might be the answer. I like plain pork ribs. Not in a rack like baby backs.

Yeah, plus the long cooking time for a butt or shoulder.  Ribs sound like a great idea.  Or brats.