The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Hola from Mexico

Started by ghost, March 08, 2015, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

ghost

Wow, just logged on and found a Merry Christmas message from Fash. Has it been that long???

Hola!

A few weeks ago I packed up the cat and dog and moved to Playa Del Carmen. Best thing about my job, I can go anywhere to work. Got myself a cute little Mexican apartment a few blocks from the beach for $700 Canadian. Includes all utilities, including air conditioning.

Amazing how much more that would cost in Vancouver. Sigh. Viva Mexico!

And Romero, pick up your damn phone. That weird number is me calling you on Skype!

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_hithere  ac_dance  ac_drinks  ac_flower

So great to hear from you, ghost! Woohoo! Viva La Mexico! Viva la ghost! Take care, ghost! I'm off to beddy. Will catch up with you later. I'm sure the gang will be thrilled to see that you stopped by.  ac_drinks
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

ghost

Good to see you too, Azhya! Have a great sleep.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"Wow, just logged on and found a Merry Christmas message from Fash. Has it been that long???

Hola!

A few weeks ago I packed up the cat and dog and moved to Playa Del Carmen. Best thing about my job, I can go anywhere to work. Got myself a cute little Mexican apartment a few blocks from the beach for $700 Canadian. Includes all utilities, including air conditioning.

And Romero, pick up your damn phone. That weird number is me calling you on Skype!

$700/month?? Keep up that bargain talk ghostie and you'll have the Iron Chink as a fucking neighbour.

Seriously ghost, I am very happy for you.  ac_drinks You are living the dream. Soon, the Iron Chink plans on getting out of the fucking Canadian cold.

ghost

Quote from: "Shen Li"

$700/month?? Keep up that bargain talk ghostie and you'll have the Iron Chink as a fucking neighbour.

Seriously ghost, I am very happy for you.  ac_drinks You are living the dream. Soon, the Iron Chink plans on getting out of the fucking Canadian cold.

Yeah, and it includes everything. Internet. Air. Electricity. Things are crazy cheap down here. The only things I've seen overpriced are suntan lotion, beach towels, bug spray and good quality dog food.

My place isn't super fancy. I chose to go the Mexican way than the tourist. Although I did look at a two bedroom, two bathroom, place in Playacar that had two swimming pools, a golf course, gym, a small yard, and all amenities for about $1,450 a month. It's a gated community tho and it didn't include the electricity. It was a beautiful place, but in the end, I picked the simpler one.

And the weather is amazing. I flew out of Toronto (I was staying at my Moms place for a bit) in -30 weather, straight into +25. It was simply beautiful.

Annie

Hiya Ghost! Nice to see you here   ac_hithere
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"

Yeah, and it includes everything. Internet. Air. Electricity. Things are crazy cheap down here. The only things I've seen overpriced are suntan lotion, beach towels, bug spray and good quality dog food.

My place isn't super fancy. I chose to go the Mexican way than the tourist. Although I did look at a two bedroom, two bathroom, place in Playacar that had two swimming pools, a golf course, gym, a small yard, and all amenities for about $1,450 a month. It's a gated community tho and it didn't include the electricity. It was a beautiful place, but in the end, I picked the simpler one.

And the weather is amazing. I flew out of Toronto (I was staying at my Moms place for a bit) in -30 weather, straight into +25. It was simply beautiful.

Lucky fucking you!! That is fucking awesome ghostie!!

Pics  we want to know what fucking $700/month fucking gets ya?

Annie

Just make sure you don't have gps on when you take a pic  ac_natch
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

ac_hithere

hiya Ghost, Im glad everything is going well for you.  :howdy:

Renee

Quote from: "ghost"Wow, just logged on and found a Merry Christmas message from Fash. Has it been that long???

Hola!

I've been to Playa Del Carmen quite a few times. In fact I have some time share there. It's beautiful and a lot quieter than Cancun. Great place to just relax and decompress.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
I've been to Playa Del Carmen quite a few times. In fact I have some time share there. It's beautiful and a lot quieter than Cancun. Great place to just relax and decompress.

We saw a travel video of Playa Del Carmen. It has a lot to offer. Being on the Caribbean means calm waters too. Playa Del Carmen is definitely where I am going on my next trip to Mexico.

Renee

We saw a travel video of Playa Del Carmen. It has a lot to offer. Being on the Caribbean means calm waters too. Playa Del Carmen is definitely where I am going on my next trip to Mexico.

I love Mexico as a vacation spot, it's one of my faves. It has it all over any Caribbean Island I've been to.

I've been to Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo, Cancun, Cozumel, and Playa. IMHO, Playa Del Carmen is superior to the other more common vacation destinations in Mexico.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I love Mexico as a vacation spot, it's one of my faves. It has it all over any Caribbean Island I've been to.

I've been to Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo, Cancun, Cozumel, and Playa. IMHO, Playa Del Carmen is superior to the other more common vacation destinations in Mexico.

I've heard nothing but favourable reviews of Playa. It has a very large expat community too I've been told. I hope ghost gives us some advice/tips about her new home in paradise. I am definitely interested.

Renee

I've heard nothing but favourable reviews of Playa. It has a very large expat community too I've been told. I hope ghost gives us some advice/tips about her new home in paradise. I am definitely interested.

I think you are going to have to be nice to her for that. Can you handle it?  ac_toofunny

Anonymous

I think you are going to have to be nice to her for that. Can you handle it?  ac_toofunny

We are on opposite sides on most issues for sure, but that doesn't mean we can't be civil towards each other. I wish ghost all the success in the world in her career and her new adventure in her Caribbean paradise. I hope  she drops by from time to time with updates.