The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Re: Interracial Relationships

Started by Pinay, October 29, 2012, 12:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Whether Japanese or Chinese occupation, Taiwan is Taiwan.

QuoteTaiwanese aborigines (literally "original inhabitants") is the term commonly applied in reference to the indigenous peoples of Taiwan estimated to constitute about 2% of the population of the island. Although Taiwanese indigenous groups hold a variety of creation myths, recent research suggests their ancestors may have been living on the islands for approximately 8,000 years before major Han Chinese immigration began in the 17th century. Taiwanese aborigines are Austronesian peoples, with linguistic and genetic ties to other Austronesian ethnic groups, such as peoples of the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Madagascar, Polynesia, and Oceania. The issue of an ethnic identity unconnected to the Asian mainland has become one thread in the discourse regarding the political status of Taiwan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Taiwanese_aboriginese_deerhunt1.png/483px-Taiwanese_aboriginese_deerhunt1.png">

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Femme_Pepohan_de_Formose_et_son_enfant.jpg/220px-Femme_Pepohan_de_Formose_et_son_enfant.jpg">

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_aborigines">//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_aborigines

Gary Oak fun fact: Taiwan has been ruled by both Qing and Ming.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Whether Japanese or Chinese occupation, Taiwan is Taiwan.

QuoteTaiwanese aborigines (literally "original inhabitants") is the term commonly applied in reference to the indigenous peoples of Taiwan estimated to constitute about 2% of the population of the island. Although Taiwanese indigenous groups hold a variety of creation myths, recent research suggests their ancestors may have been living on the islands for approximately 8,000 years before major Han Chinese immigration began in the 17th century. Taiwanese aborigines are Austronesian peoples, with linguistic and genetic ties to other Austronesian ethnic groups, such as peoples of the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Madagascar, Polynesia, and Oceania. The issue of an ethnic identity unconnected to the Asian mainland has become one thread in the discourse regarding the political status of Taiwan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Taiwanese_aboriginese_deerhunt1.png/483px-Taiwanese_aboriginese_deerhunt1.png">

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Femme_Pepohan_de_Formose_et_son_enfant.jpg/220px-Femme_Pepohan_de_Formose_et_son_enfant.jpg">

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_aborigines">//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_aborigines

Gary Oak fun fact: Taiwan has been ruled by both Qing and Ming.

Taiwan was briefly under Dutch and Spanish rule too..

The Dutch East India company imported workers from Fujian where my ancestors came from.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"^Don't get me going about Western imperialism and their interference into China's internal affairs. No Western country would have the balls to recognize Taiwan even if they did change their official title.

China's claim that Taiwan is a Chinese province is weak too.

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"^Don't get me going about Western imperialism and their interference into China's internal affairs. No Western country would have the balls to recognize Taiwan even if they did change their official title.

I haven't really seen any Western interference into China's internal affairs, other than occasionally pressing for basic human rights. In fact, the West has let the Chinese government get away with a lot. It's been very profitable for Western businesses.  

The West has been very supportive of Taiwan. If it weren't for the US, China would have completely taken it over Tibet-style a long time ago.

Romero

Fashionista is as much Taiwanese as she wishes to be. Just as you get to be as much Chinese as you want to be. It's more than just a nationality.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"

I haven't really seen any Western interference into China's internal affairs, other than occasionally pressing for basic human rights. In fact, the West has let the Chinese government get away with a lot. It's been very profitable for Western businesses.  

The West has been very supportive of Taiwan. If it weren't for the US, China would have completely taken it over Tibet-style a long time ago.

From matters of trade, seccessionist movements, human rights, legal system, Chinese media to the central governent itself the West has stuck their noses in where it does not belong. Much less so now of course because Western economies are disintegrating and they need China's economy to keep growing.

The West is not supportive of Taiwan. The ROC does not have official relations with a single Western nation. "President" Ma could not meet Harper/Obama/Cameron officially. No Western country would dare recognize Taiwan's change of title even if the DPP were returned to power.

It really pisses me off when Fashionista refers to herself as "Taiwanese". There is no such nationality.

My father was in jail as a young man when Chiang Kai Shek was dictator of Taiwan because he supported democracy and independence..

Today Taiwanese have the choice to move closer to China or build more of a Taiwanese identity..

Canada is my country and first of all I consider myself Canadian, but if people ask about where my family is from, I tell them Taiwan.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"

From matters of trade, seccessionist movements, human rights, legal system, Chinese media to the central governent itself the West has stuck their noses in where it does not belong. Much less so now of course because Western economies are disintegrating and they need China's economy to keep growing.

The West is not supportive of Taiwan. The ROC does not have official relations with a single Western nation. "President" Ma could not meet Harper/Obama/Cameron officially. No Western country would dare recognize Taiwan's change of title even if the DPP were returned to power.

It really pisses me off when Fashionista refers to herself as "Taiwanese". There is no such nationality.

What's it to you what Fash calls herself? She's a sweet person and the word Taiwan does not harm anyone.

Gary Oak

If you read  Hungry Ghosts by Jasper Becker one of the worlds top china experts ,former editor of the south china morning post until he and another top china expert Willie Wo Lap Lam wrote some truths involving Li Ka Shing and of course both top level reporters were ousted promptly, you will find that the Han Chinese immigrants used to sell the flesh of the natives on food stalls much like they sell dog meat and shish kabobs etc.... on street foodstalls now in China.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"If you read  Hungry Ghosts by Jasper Becker one of the worlds top china experts ,former editor of the south china morning post until he and another top china expert Willie Wo Lap Lam wrote some truths involving Li Ka Shing and of course both top level reporters were ousted promptly, you will find that the Han Chinese immigrants used to sell the flesh of the natives on food stalls much like they sell dog meat and shish kabobs etc.... on street foodstalls now in China.

In Toronto the Chinese sell gummi worms made from the gel bone of delusional failed white boxers. Li Kai Shing has a factory in Hong Kong that makes it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"^Fashionista is Han Chinese the same as me. I don't care what nationality/ethnicity she claims she is, but nothing can change the reality Taiwan is not a country. With the exception of the Aboriginal minority almost all the people in that CHINESE province are the same ethnicity as myself.

It wouldn't hurt to show a little pride in her heritage ya know.

Many Canadians, Americans, British, Australians and New Zealanders are the same ethnicity..

Germans, Austirans and most Swiss are the same ethnicity..

Chinese and Taiwanese are like that too.

Big Wave Dave

I came upon this forum when I was looking up something.

I don't even notice white women anymore. You see I have been living in Asia for 13 years now and have gotten used to beautiful, slim, sultry women. White women don't do anything for me anymore.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Big Wave Dave"I came upon this forum when I was looking up something.

I don't even notice white women anymore. You see I have been living in Asia for 13 years now and have gotten used to beautiful, slim, sultry women. White women don't do anything for me anymore.

we all get there at some point big dave......just no other outcome once you been born again and baptised.

Romero

Quote from: "Big Wave Dave"I came upon this forum when I was looking up something.

If you don't care about white women, why did you bring them up?

Maybe it's you who doesn't do anything for them.

Anonymous

Welcome Mr Big Wave Dave, it is nice meet you..

We are a small group, but still have some spirited discussions..

If you have any suggestions for our group please feel free to let me know.

Big Wave Dave

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

we all get there at some point big dave......just no other outcome once you been born again and baptised.

amen brother Li