Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Germanwings Crash "Intentional"

Started by Romero, March 26, 2015, 01:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote The co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings jet barricaded himself in the cockpit and "intentionally'' sent the plane full speed into a mountain in the French Alps, ignoring the pilot's frantic pounding on the door and the screams of terror from passengers, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz's "intention (was) to destroy this plane,'' Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said, laying out the horrifying conclusions reached by French aviation investigators after listening to the last minutes of Tuesday's Flight 9525.

The Airbus A320 was flying from Barcelona to Duesseldorf when it began to descend from cruising altitude of 38,000 feet after losing radio contact with air traffic controllers. All 150 on board died when the plane slammed into the mountain.

Robin said the pilot, who has not been identified, left the cockpit, presumably to go to the lavatory, and then was unable to regain access. In the meantime, Lubitz, a 28-year-old German, manually set the plane on the descent that drove it into the mountain.

Robin said the commander of the plane knocked several times "without response.'' He said the door could only be blocked manually.

"The most plausible, the most probably, is that the co-pilot voluntarily refused to open the door of the cockpit for the captain and pressed the button for the descent,'' Robin said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03/24/germanwings-crash-southern-france_n_6929996.html?utm_hp_ref=canada">//http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03/24/germanwings-crash-southern-france_n_6929996.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

How crazy that the most dangerous person on a plane would be one of the pilots. We still don't know if last year's mystery flights were intentional.

Frost

Sad news, and sorry to the families for their losses.

Must be hard.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote The co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings jet barricaded himself in the cockpit and "intentionally'' sent the plane full speed into a mountain in the French Alps, ignoring the pilot's frantic pounding on the door and the screams of terror from passengers, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz's "intention (was) to destroy this plane,'' Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said, laying out the horrifying conclusions reached by French aviation investigators after listening to the last minutes of Tuesday's Flight 9525.

The Airbus A320 was flying from Barcelona to Duesseldorf when it began to descend from cruising altitude of 38,000 feet after losing radio contact with air traffic controllers. All 150 on board died when the plane slammed into the mountain.

Robin said the pilot, who has not been identified, left the cockpit, presumably to go to the lavatory, and then was unable to regain access. In the meantime, Lubitz, a 28-year-old German, manually set the plane on the descent that drove it into the mountain.

Robin said the commander of the plane knocked several times "without response.'' He said the door could only be blocked manually.

"The most plausible, the most probably, is that the co-pilot voluntarily refused to open the door of the cockpit for the captain and pressed the button for the descent,'' Robin said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03/24/germanwings-crash-southern-france_n_6929996.html?utm_hp_ref=canada">//http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03/24/germanwings-crash-southern-france_n_6929996.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

How crazy that the most dangerous person on a plane would be one of the pilots. We still don't know if last year's mystery flights were intentional.

I was watching the news yesterday when I saw this..

That is frightening..

My husband thinks the most logical reason for the disappearance of last year's missing Malaysian Air flight was murder/suicide.

Romero

I think so too. But since we know almost nothing about that one, it's crazy how even conspiracy theories can't be ruled out. In this day of high technology, it's hard to believe we've encountered some of the biggest mysteries since Amelia Earhart.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I think so too. But since we know almost nothing about that one, it's crazy how even conspiracy theories can't be ruled out. In this day of high technology, it's hard to believe we've encountered some of the biggest mysteries since Amelia Earhart.

If anyone here knows anything about aviation technology, could you please explain how the Malaysian airliner disappeared?

Romero

The experts are only fairly sure the plane ended up flying south into the Indian Ocean, maybe flew for a while, and likely crashed into the water. Everything else has been purely speculation as there's no other evidence.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"The experts are only fairly sure the plane ended up flying south into the Indian Ocean, maybe flew for a while, and likely crashed into the water. Everything else has been purely speculation as there's no other evidence.

Romero, my husband and I watched an airline pilot suggest it could be in Russia.

ac_wot

He's probably wrong, but it is surprising that technology today cannot pin point exactly where it crashed.

cc

Quote from: "Romero"The experts are only fairly sure the plane ended up flying south into the Indian Ocean, maybe flew for a while, and likely crashed into the water. Everything else has been purely speculation as there's no other evidence.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Opie, the co pilot had to take a break a few years ago for depression/anxiety.  Just recently, he was dumped by a girl he was engaged to.

There is the trigger.

Suicidal people generally don't "take out" others willingly, but they will if they have to, as 'collateral damage,' if you will.  No different than death by cop, or death by big rig.  Although rare, it does happen, and innocents can potentially be lost in the process.

Although it is early on in the investigation, I believe this crash could be just this simple...

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"

That is what puzzles my husband and I..

Even with modern technology, jets can disappear.

ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Even with modern technology, jets can disappear.  ac_wot

A pilot can turn off the transponder.

Once this happens, only ground based radar can detect an aircraft.  Radar has limitations, especially if you're flying over the sea.  Earths curvature, and other things, limits Radar tracking.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Even with modern technology, jets can disappear.  ac_wot

A pilot can turn off the transponder.

Once this happens, only ground based radar can detect an aircraft.  Radar has limitations, especially if you're flying over the sea.  Earths curvature, and other things, limits Radar tracking.

There is no back up system if that happens?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"There is no back up system if that happens?

None.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"
Quote from: "Fashionista"There is no back up system if that happens?

None.

That is surprising.

ac_huh

Anonymous

It's almost like, say, the GPS system in your phone, or in your car.  There are ways you can disable that feature.  Pilots can do the same, if they want to.  At least on most planes that I'm aware of...