Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Fashionista, let me tell you a story...

Started by Asian Pride, April 04, 2015, 02:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asian Pride

There was once a forum, with a very absent Admin.  I was essentially in charge at first, as "moderator," if you will.  I still am, actually.

The Admin was always absent, and still is.

Sometimes forum work is too much for just one person.  So, what did absent Admin do?  One day, without my consent or approval, he just modded quite a few of the regulars, and let them do their thing.

Did it end well?  Nope.  Those mods have long been removed, but the damage was done.

Want to see what this forum looks like today?  Take a look!  It's still there!  Right here:  http://discoveralltheworld.com/index.php/board,1.0.html">http://discoveralltheworld.com/index.php/board,1.0.html

Anonymous

Thank you for sharing that with us Asian Pride.

ac_smile

Asian Pride

You see, the damage that was done in a short period of time by incompetent Mods was never reversible.  In fact, that forum is still locked down.  The Admin has given up on it, or is happy with it as is...

So, never underestimate what damage a small group of mods can do to a forum.  A perfect example I have brought forth.

I can still Mod that place.  I haven't logged in for years, since nobody posts there!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asian Pride"You see, the damage that was done in a short period of time by incompetent Mods was never reversible.  In fact, that forum is still locked down.  The Admin has given up on it, or is happy with it as is...

So, never underestimate what damage a small group of mods can do to a forum.  A perfect example I have brought forth.

I can still Mod that place.  I haven't logged in for years, since nobody posts there!

I am happy you post here Asian Pride.

ac_smile

Annie

I didn't know you modded that forum Mel! Ohmygawd been so long since I logged on there lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Annie"I didn't know you modded that forum Mel! Ohmygawd been so long since I logged on there lol

I'm Datw Mod.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asian Pride"
Quote from: "Annie"I didn't know you modded that forum Mel! Ohmygawd been so long since I logged on there lol

I'm Datw Mod.

I never heard of it.

ac_smile

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Fashionista"I never heard of it.  ac_smile

Exactly the point I'm trying to make here.

Anonymous

I have to make turkey sandwiches for my husband and freeze them.

ac_biggrin

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Fashionista"I have to make turkey sandwiches for my husband and freeze them. ac_biggrin

You freeze your sandwiches, and understand that when I question something, or someone, it is fully warranted.

I have been around the block more than once.  I'm not a new kid...

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Annie"lol it HAS been a long time.

Yes it has.  However, some things never change...

Annie

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have to make turkey sandwiches for my husband and freeze them.

ac_biggrin

I wish I had thought of that when my kids were in school, would have saved me money and time lol Oh on the new forum can we have another laughing emoticon ...like a haha  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

ac_blush
Quote from: "Fashionista"I have to make turkey sandwiches for my husband and freeze them. ac_biggrin

You freeze your sandwiches, and understand that when I question something, or someone, it is fully warranted.

I have been around the block more than once.  I'm not a new kid...

I am making sandwiches and freezing them so that my husband has lunches for the week Asian Pride.

Asian Pride

Freezing is easy.  I used to bring my ex only fresh...  It's the taste that matters!