Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Welcome to our new home!

Started by RW, April 07, 2015, 04:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Annie"That didn't rhyme Leo  ac_huh

Bless this forum

And all who sail in her

We don't have a quorum

So I'm going to dinner.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Annie"What are those, squash?

Apparently its an apple (fruit) with a cashew on the end...now im confused about cashews....but I honestly dont know exactly how theyre grown....

Berry Sweet

I watched a video of these poor black guys in africa....they grew cocoa beans..dried them and sold them...they didnt make very much money...anyhow, these men had no idea what people did with these beans..so the people interveiwing them gave them chocolate to try...they never had it before and were surprised what the bean was used for...awesome clip! !

RW

They grow on trees.  The cashew has a fruit called a cashew apple and the nut that we know and love is the little dangly part at the bottom.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"
Quote from: "Annie"That didn't rhyme Leo  ac_huh

Bless this forum

And all who sail in her

We don't have a quorum

So I'm going to dinner.

Ok sorry I rest my case  ac_drinks
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Berry Sweet

Ha!  I never knew!  Leave the fruit behind...the nut is where its at:

"> http://youtu.be/xdMjW3W6SAY  

keeper

test

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86nMHfvl7s

Berry Sweet

L.

The cashew tree (Anacardium occidentale) is a tropical evergreen tree that produces the cashew nut and the cashew apple. It can grow as high as 14 metres (46 ft), but the dwarf cashew, growing up to 6 metres (20 ft), has proved more profitable, with earlier maturity and higher yields.

The cashew nut is served as a snack or used in recipes, like other nuts, although it is actually a seed. The cashew apple is a fruit, whose pulp can be processed into a sweet, astringent fruit drink or distilled into liqueur.

The shell of the cashew nut yields derivatives that can be used in many applications from lubricants to paints, and other parts of the tree have traditionally been used for snake-bites and other folk remedies.

Originally native to northeastern Brazil, the tree is now widely grown in tropical regions, India and Nigeria being major producers,[1] in addition to Vietnam, the Ivory Coast, and Indonesia.

Interesting!!

Annie

Quote from: "Keeper"test

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86nMHfvl7s

I saw that movie, loved it  ac_dance

Berry Sweet

I  saw that movie with my bf in the summer and we both fell asleep at the beginning lol

Annie

But the middle to end was good.

Berry Sweet

I honestly cant remember. .i remember that night going to the movie...i had worked 8 or 9 days in a row and i was tired...the seats were really comfortable!  Lol

keeper

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I honestly cant remember. .i remember that night going to the movie...i had worked 8 or 9 days in a row and i was tired...the seats were really comfortable!  Lol

your avatar broke? Please upload one, were still in test stage

Berry Sweet

Nite Annie...I murdered my feet and hips today...sore...i need to spark one and sleep.  Toodles.