Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Dear Canadians

Started by Leopardsocks, April 10, 2015, 01:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leopardsocks

As a small voice in the crowd, may I highlight that this forum is called the Blue Cashew, and has no relationship to another forum that is localised around the city of Vancouver, or the country of Canada.

Yes, Canadians form the backbone, and the majority, but we have at least 2 Australians (I still claim cc) and 3 Americans...I think. (Renee, Kiebers, Azyha).

So, threads started about Canadian issues do seem to suggest that there is still a nexus to a past we have moved on from.

Can we discuss more global issues, rather than Canadian specific political turmoil, or threads about Canadian based  news and events unless global in scale (like the murder of that guard by an islamic loony).

I think being more global in spirit and deed may help draw members who may be deterred by nationalism.

My two cents!!! Don't go hiring hit men...I mean no disrespect to Canada...after all, its not your fault you're not Australian.

RW

How about we discuss both?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"As a small voice in the crowd, may I highlight that this forum is called the Blue Cashew, and has no relationship to another forum that is localised around the city of Vancouver, or the country of Canada.

Yes, Canadians form the backbone, and the majority, but we have at least 2 Australians (I still claim cc) and 3 Americans...I think. (Renee, Kiebers, Azyha).

So, threads started about Canadian issues do seem to suggest that there is still a nexus to a past we have moved on from.

Can we discuss more global issues, rather than Canadian specific political turmoil, or threads about Canadian based  news and events unless global in scale (like the murder of that guard by an islamic loony).

I think being more global in spirit and deed may help draw members who may be deterred by nationalism.

My two cents!!! Don't go hiring hit men...I mean no disrespect to Canada...after all, its not your fault you're not Australian.

I don't see any Canadians here stopping you from discussing anything you want. Discuss any global issues you wish!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"As a small voice in the crowd, may I highlight that this forum is called the Blue Cashew, and has no relationship to another forum that is localised around the city of Vancouver, or the country of Canada.

I will make an effort to think globally Leopardsocks.

ac_smile

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Romero"

I don't see any Canadians here stopping you from discussing anything you want. Discuss any global issues you wish!

I know, I know...don't interpret my discussion as provocation. But I do think some of the Canada-centric stuff, which may have been relevant on Van, is less relevant here. I'm just asking people to be mindful that, as far as I am aware, TBC is NOT a nationalistic forum. Correct me if I'm wrong...I am not Canada bashing by any means.

I think I'm trying to suggest that the forum be more outward in its perspective.

Canadian politics is of no interest to non-Canadians, nor is Australian politics of any concern to you guys.

Sure, we can ignore threads of no interest...but that is not the way to flourish. Anyway...its no biggie...we're all human in the end.

Renee

This is Socks's sly little way of saying "let's talk about how badly the US has fucked up the world in the past century. That way I can bash the shit out of US foreign policy and Americans in general. I need this, I live for this shit". ac_toofunny

You're not fooling anyone Leo, you're up to your old tricks ac_rollseyes.

BTW, I don't see why we can't discuss world affairs and or Canadian  affairs or how the two effect each other. Since the majority of the members are Canadian I think it is only natural for a lot of the subject matter to be centered on Canada. I don't see a problem with that.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

The OP is simply unable to post anything of interest to anyone, anywhere.

Renee

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"The OP is simply unable to post anything of interest to anyone, anywhere.

Wrong again Ace, your impression of the OP is coloured by the fact that you don't like him. You are truly a "bee" congratulations.

Leo is more than capable of posting lots of interesting stuff. You just have to put your waders on and wade through scads of his bullshit to get to it.  ac_biggrin

BTW, a gas mask would probably be benifical as well. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Nothing is stopping him from posting world events.  Same goes for you, too.

In fact, nobody here seems to be posting any 'world events' at all, instead preferring to use a public forum as a "private message" type vehicle that only close on-line friends should see and know.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"
I know, I know...don't interpret my discussion as provocation. But I do think some of the Canada-centric stuff, which may have been relevant on Van, is less relevant here. I'm just asking people to be mindful that, as far as I am aware, TBC is NOT a nationalistic forum. Correct me if I'm wrong...I am not Canada bashing by any means.

I think I'm trying to suggest that the forum be more outward in its perspective.

Canadian politics is of no interest to non-Canadians, nor is Australian politics of any concern to you guys.

Sure, we can ignore threads of no interest...but that is not the way to flourish. Anyway...its no biggie...we're all human in the end.

The only country in the world that really matters is CHINA. The greatest continuous civilization the world has ever known. Australia, Canada and the US are neophytes.

Anonymous

I will add, that Japanese women are so very well cultured...  Men too!  They don't spit on the sidewalk.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"I will add, that Japanese women are so very well cultured...  Men too!  They don't spit on the sidewalk.

Japan has other problems that are not out in the open. I think the biggest domestic sex industry in the world. Some of whom are underage.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"I will add, that Japanese women are so very well cultured...  Men too!  They don't spit on the sidewalk.

Japan has other problems that are not out in the open. I think the biggest domestic sex industry in the world. Some of whom are underage.

Underage is right up Mel's ally. Once a women grows up and develops an opinion he's SOL. ac_toofunny

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"

Underage is right up Mel's ally. Once a women grows up and develops an opinion he's SOL. ac_toofunny

Something tells me a 10 year old would be able to develope and opinion about Mel.  ac_biggrin
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

asal

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Renee"

Something tells me a 10 year old would be able to develope and opinion about Mel.  ac_biggrin

Mel - you don't know anything about japan.

Men pee out in the open on walls - just because they can.  The yakuza brats run everything - and they're crass and disgusting.

What's so civilized about that?  Oh, they're not spitting - whoop dee doo.