News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The heterosexual life-style is shameful!

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 16, 2015, 02:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "cc la femme"I know several who have a life thanks to AA. It takes a certain personality for it to work .... or to even keep going ... , but for those whom it fits, it works well

It takes a certain genetics to handle the booze properly.

Renee

Quote from: "RDL"
Quote from: "cc la femme"He's always been open about his AA adventures and misadventures ... seems to be in and out of AA as often and fast as a ... well, you know

AA is a revolving door.

Like all addiction recovery programs, you get out of it what you put into it. The revolving door stops when the participant decides it will stop.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RDL

I have the desire not to drink today, but who knows if I will tomorrow or next week or next month or next year.

It's one day at a time.

cc

Quote from: "Renee"Like all addiction recovery programs, you get out of it what you put into it. The revolving door stops when the participant decides it will stop.

Nailed it!!
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RDL

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Renee"Like all addiction recovery programs, you get out of it what you put into it. The revolving door stops when the participant decides it will stop.

Nailed it!!

Sometimes it's out of the person's control.  Sometimes the booze sneaks up behind him/her and gets him/her.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"

Nailed it!!

Sometimes it's out of the person's control.  Sometimes the booze sneaks up behind him/her and gets him/her.

I do not understand addiction RDL, but thank you for explaining it to me.

ac_smile

RDL

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Nailed it!!

I do not understand addiction RDL, but thank you for explaining it to me.

ac_smile

You're welcome :)