Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Fellow doctors ask for Dr. Oz to be fired

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 17, 2015, 01:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

Ten doctors wrote a letter urging Columbia University to fire Dr. Mehmet Oz saying he "endangers" the public

"Dr. Oz has repeatedly shown disdain for science and for evidence-based medicine, as well as baseless and relentless opposition to the genetic engineering of food crops," said the letter addressed to Columbia's Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and Medicine, reports CBS. "Worst of all, he has manifested an egregious lack of integrity by promoting quack treatments and cures in the interest of personal financial gain."

Oz is a cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon and vice-chair of the department of surgery at Columbia's College of Physicians and Surgeons, but he's also a television personality with The Dr. Oz Show. And according to medical experts, only 46% of the recommendations on his show were supported by evidence.

http://time.com/3826280/dr-oz-columbia/">http://time.com/3826280/dr-oz-columbia/
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Not a surprise. He's first and foremost a lowlife celeb ... not a doctor

I'm surprised he wangled his way into any university position .. that element could use some investigation
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

He was a doctor first then turned lowlife celeb.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Gay Boy Roberto

People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Renee

Fraudulent asshole. They should pour that green slime juice he hawks down his throat until he drowns in it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

Quote from: "RW"He was a doctor first then turned lowlife celeb.
Relevance?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I can't stand celebutards. They are the most overpaid, self-indulgent, greedy, narcissistic assholes on the continent. Having said that, gentically modified food is not always bad. It's not that black and white.

cc

It's not the "overpaid, self-indulgent, greedy, narcissistic assholes " celebs themselves that irks / disappoints me so much .. it's knowing that there are low level humans (sub humans?) among us who worship them

Annie

When he promoted something so incredible for weight loss or whatever, it seemed too good to be true.  I know I'm extremely naive (lol) but I even questioned his content on that show.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"It's not the "overpaid, self-indulgent, greedy, narcissistic assholes " celebs themselves that irks / disappoints me so much .. it's knowing that there are low level humans (sub humans?) among us who worship them

I have greater respect for some kid cleaning campsites in our national parks than some decadent hypocritical, multi-millionaire braindead celebutard who tells me to consume less while they are living larger than Saudi princes. However, I agree with you. Why on earth anyone with any brain activity would give two shits about their opinions are on anything.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"When he promoted something so incredible for weight loss or whatever, it seemed too good to be true.  I know I'm extremely naive (lol) but I even questioned his content on that show.

Annie,

Long time no see. ac_hithere

Annie

Hey Shen, how's it going? It's soo nice out, loving the sun and warmth.  Doing more spring cleaning and planting stuff  ac_biggrin
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Hey Shen, how's it going? It's soo nice out, loving the sun and warmth.  Doing more spring cleaning and planting stuff  ac_biggrin

I forgot you left coasters start the season earlier than the Northern prairies. It's about 16 degrees today, but windy as hell. Hopefully the nights will be warm enough in a few weeks that I can start planting. ac_dance