Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

All you need to know about 4/20 day in Vancouver

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 18, 2015, 12:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

On Monday, April 20, people from all walks of life will gather at the Vancouver Art Gallery to protest against prohibition and celebrate their love for marijuana at the annual 420 celebration.

Last year, an estimated 30,000 congregated around the Vancouver Art Gallery for the annual 420 smoke out, which was the largest gathering in Canada. This year, organizers are expecting an even larger turnout.

The political event, which doubles as a free-flowing cannabis marketplace and a mass recreational consumption, is part of the continued push to legalize marijuana in British Columbia.

By 4:20 p.m. on the 20th day of the fourth month, a smoky haze will cover the City Centre.

420 Vancouver has grown exponentially ever since its inaugural year at Victory Square.

420 Vancouver 2015 Celebration

When: April 20 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Where: Vancouver Art Gallery, West Georgia Plaza (expect the event to take up most of Howe and West Georgia Street as large crowds are expected. Drivers you have been warned.)
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

RDL

There's one in Centennial Square in Victoria too :)

http://420rally.ca/victoria/">http://420rally.ca/victoria/

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

RDL

Quote from: "RW"BCers love their weed!

Not me.  I've never done it.  I'm thinking this is the year I might try it for the first time.

RW

Can't say I much care what a person who wishes cancer on someone and his children has to say.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RDL

Quote from: "RW"Can't say I much care what a person who wishes cancer on someone and his children has to say.

Now you're threadbombing.  Keeper's gonna get mad at you.

Anonymous

This Calgarian does not RW.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I didn't like weed until I discovered it's ability to take away pain.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I didn't like weed until I discovered it's ability to take away pain.

You have legitimate reason RW, but I don't..

I hope my husband doesn't read your post and use marijuana to cure his tennis elbow.

ac_wot

RW

It's a temp fix rather than a cure.

Now I've heard that smoking marijuana can cause psychotic episodes.  I haven't found anyone who has had one though unless you define a psychotic episode as the actual feeling of being high itself :)

I'm just wondering if anyone would like to share how they feel on marijuana?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

I feel fine on it.  I don't really care for smoking it unless I'm going to bed but it does work for me.  Makes me feel relaxed and calm.  I prefer to use the tincture drops I have.  Smoking it goes mostly to the head, whereas the drops give the body a relaxed sense and I prefer that.

RW

What do you do with the tincture?  I've put a few drops under my tongue but the taste is unpleasant and very strong.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

I have day tincture I use for anxiety and night time to go to sleep.  I also buy the brownies, but I prefer the tincture.

Cannabis is not for everyone, then again not is every other prescription drug.  I just hate how people give cannabis a bad name and why the government is making a big deal out of legalizing it.  Dispensaries are popping up everywhere and people ARE starting to prefer the alternative over a pharmaceutical drug.  Reason why I prefer it is because cannabis has no side effects and it's not addictive or have to be relied up on.

Berry Sweet

it is strong.  I try take it with some tea or something to help wash it back.  it does make me thirsty...so I do drink more water than usual when I take it.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!