Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

I'm applying...

Started by Berry Sweet, May 01, 2015, 01:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I doubt she wants to be a truck driver, Mel lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Annie"I doubt she wants to be a truck driver, Mel lol

Don't ever assume...  I've been around the block here in the GVRD for a long time.  I have dealt with many employers, and many more customers...

Mel Gibson

I have also applied, on behalf of my ex (since she was an idiot), for numerous jobs.  Not shit jobs, but TransLink, etc.

I netted her a few interviews with my help.  These are decent jobs, like for the city...  Average wage, but a lifelong job with good benefits...

If you want to work, I can give you some insider info on what works, and what doesn't.  And it doesn't involve driving a truck...  I just do that for a hobby, like a little kid plays with a Tonka truck in the dirt.

Annie

No offence Mel, I was just trying to be funny lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

I think I will have Mel rewrite my resume. Among so many other things he is apparently some kind of an expert at securing employment. I'd say that's a rather strange and rare talent for a drunken loser. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"..for a few new jobs tomorrow...please wish me luck and send in the good vibes!

All the best to you, Berry! Sending you good vibes! ac_drinks
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"I have also applied, on behalf of my ex (since she was an idiot), for numerous jobs.  Not shit jobs, but TransLink, etc.

I netted her a few interviews with my help.  These are decent jobs, like for the city...  Average wage, but a lifelong job with good benefits...

If you want to work, I can give you some insider info on what works, and what doesn't.  And it doesn't involve driving a truck...  I just do that for a hobby, like a little kid plays with a Tonka truck in the dirt.

The price of oil is rebounding..

I am so thankful my husband will not be laid off or forced to take an overseas posting.

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Renee"I think I will have Mel rewrite my resume. Among so many other things he is apparently some kind of an expert at securing employment. I'd say that's a rather strange and rare talent for a drunken loser. ac_biggrin

You'd be surprised...

And no, success doesn't involve re-writing your resume (us truck drivers call it a "CV" though, but it is the same thing).

Resumes are the largest waste of time, for both employer and employee.  The good employees underestimate themselves, and the shit ones exaggerate their skills.  Most employers know this.

There are other methods that are more successful when seeking employment, rather than faxing 100 resumes out to offices that will most likely just throw it straight into the circular filing bin...  I have seen this done...  Labour was needed, but yet resumes went straight into the bin.

Renee

"Resumes are the largest waste of time"

ac_lmfao

Spoken like a true ditch digger. Mel you've probably never been anywhere other than behind the wheel of a rolling dirt bucket do I will give that statement the treatment it deserves and just ignore it.

But just as an FYI, when applying for a job, without a decently written resume an employer won't even let you in the door.

Mel the expert strikes again.  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

Phew! And you must have tons of time to invest online to complete all their tedious online applications. It's simply necessary.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "Renee"I think I will have Mel rewrite my resume. Among so many other things he is apparently some kind of an expert at securing employment. I'd say that's a rather strange and rare talent for a drunken loser. ac_biggrin

You'd be surprised...

And no, success doesn't involve re-writing your resume (us truck drivers call it a "CV" though, but it is the same thing).

Resumes are the largest waste of time, for both employer and employee.  The good employees underestimate themselves, and the shit ones exaggerate their skills.  Most employers know this.

There are other methods that are more successful when seeking employment, rather than faxing 100 resumes out to offices that will most likely just throw it straight into the circular filing bin...  I have seen this done...  Labour was needed, but yet resumes went straight into the bin.

LinkedIn is good. A great way to network.