Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Our friends seem very concerned about an NDP government

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2015, 05:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

This was the talk at our fellowship lunch after morning service today..

They are worried how it will affect their jobs and businesses..

My husband and I are not voting, but we had people urging us to do that today..

What does an NDP government mean for Alberta?

I don't think it will mean much difference to most people,

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Why aren't you voting, Fash? Votes count.

I put my faith in a higher power than politicians.

@realAzhyaAryola

That's fine and understandable, Fash, but your votes will still count for your party. Do you belong to any party? I suppose the answer is no.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"That's fine and understandable, Fash, but your votes will still count for your party. Do you belong to any party? I suppose the answer is no.

You are correct Azhya.

Gay Boy Roberto

Too bad over 44 years in office the  Conservative governments were not better custodians of their vast resource income

They have spent like drunks on a Saturday night, seven nights a week, year after year, decade after decade:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2WdHWt3qBNk/VUXOPty4CbI/AAAAAAABFbE/LkJRjksng-Q/s1600/per%2Bperson%2B550.jpg">
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

cc

Fash, I'll respectfully get into this area where I rarely tread.

If we put everything into the " faith in a higher power " we would not survive. If one carries that higher power philosophy to the limit, we would not look before crossing the street ... or work for a living as god will take care of us

Instead,  I would argue that  a higher power  gave us / we were born and blessed with the ability and tools to take care of and provide the best for ourselves and our loved ones.

Food for thought?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

Fash, if your child is very sick, do you refuse to take your child to the doctor and simply rely on prayers?
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "cc la femme"Fash, I'll get into this area where I rarely tread. If we put everything into the " faith in a higher power " we would not survive. If one carries that  a higher power philosophy to the limit, we would not look before crossing the street ... or work for a living as god will take care of us

Instead,  I would argue that  [size=150]a higher power  gave us the ability and tools to take care of ourselves.

[/size]

Food for thought?

Yes, this is what I believe as well.
@realAzhyaAryola

cc

Hi Asia!!

And I'll add  further ..... one can make a viable argument that if we do not wisely use the tools and abilities we were given / luckily born with to help ourselves ... then we are disrespecting the power that so generously gave them to us

I'm not arguing or proclaiming .... I'm just tossing out more food for thought
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Fash, I'll respectfully get into this area where I rarely tread.

If we put everything into the " faith in a higher power " we would not survive. If one carries that higher power philosophy to the limit, we would not look before crossing the street ... or work for a living as god will take care of us

Instead,  I would argue that  a higher power  gave us / we were born and blessed with the ability and tools to take care of and provide the best for ourselves and our loved ones.

Food for thought?

I agree cc la femme..

I have faith, but I still avoid danger..

Anonymous

QuoteWhat does an NDP government mean for Alberta?

It means our two and half decade long nightmare of low taxes, low unemployment, high wages and the favourite destination for investment is finally over.

Anonymous

QuoteToo bad over 44 years in office the Conservative governments were not better custodians of their vast resource income

They have spent like drunks on a Saturday night, seven nights a week, year after year, decade after decade:

You are finally right Bob. We do spend too much compared to other provinces. What's the No Devlopment Party proposal to fix our spending problem? Why more spending of course.

They have done a couple things right though; lowest tax bite in Canada and pay down our debt.

http://www.freealberta.com/alberta_no_net_debt.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
QuoteToo bad over 44 years in office the Conservative governments were not better custodians of their vast resource income

You are finally right Bob. We do spend too much compared to other provinces. What's the No Devlopment Party proposal to fix our spending problem? Why more spending of course.

They have done a couple things right though; lowest tax bite in Canada and pay down our debt.

http://www.freealberta.com/alberta_no_net_debt.gif">

Do other provinces with a lot of natural resources like BC or Saskatchewan save their resource money?

Do they have anything like Alberta's heritage fund?

Anonymous

Saskatchewan had a Heritage Fund from 1978-1992. A portion of revenue from oil, potash and uranium was paid into. The Brad Wall government either has or will create a Saskatchewan Futures Fund to help finance infrastructure. It would be similar to the Sustainability Fund Ralph Klein set up, but has been raided since he left office.