The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Oy! We got problems!

Started by RW, May 04, 2015, 11:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"The mental well being bunny?  You think they are going to brainwash us all?!

All they need to do is outnumber us, and they seem to have done a pretty good job of that in Saudi Arabia, and Iran, and Pakistan, and Indonesia, and pretty much everywhere else they've moved to.  ac_unsure

easter bunny

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"You could be viewed as shallow.

You say that like its a BAD thing???

ac_tongue

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"

I agree.  It says something when a large swath of the population doesn't trust its science community.  It either says that the science community (or process followed by the science community) is corrupt or that the population is scientifically illiterate.  Neither is a particularly appealing option.

That's because the scientific community is varied. I have never had a prof in uni say that climate change has never happened before and is totally the result of man burning fossil fuels.

Anyway, whatever one thinks about climate change most of the world(especially outside the West) doesn't think it's too important.

QuoteAs international delegates struggle to reach a climate-change agreement in a new round of talks, a United Nations survey of 6.7 million people shows the world doesn't care much about global warming.

The ongoing online survey of citizens of 193 countries plus the Palestinian territories found that education ranked number one of 16 subjects in the poll. Climate change landed at the bottom in the overall results, below access to telephones and the Internet, although some individual countries placed it higher.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/UN-survey-global-warming/2014/12/08/id/611765/">http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/UN-sur ... id/611765/">http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/UN-survey-global-warming/2014/12/08/id/611765/

RW

A lot of the climate science community is on the climate change is real wagon.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"A lot of the climate science community is on the climate change is real wagon.

What does "real" mean?

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"A lot of the climate science community is on the climate change is real wagon.

What does "real" mean?

It's an actual thing aka not made up.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

What does "real" mean?

It's an actual thing aka not made up.

I have met people with an earth science background who believe the earth's climate is changing. They also believe man is likely playing a role in it. That's about where the "consensus" ends though.

RW

Read up on climate science and what the consensus is there.
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

There's no doubt that it's getting warmer, and I think we are contributing to it, but it's a lot more complicated than just greenhouse gas emissions. From what I can tell we're in the cooling part of a 41 000 year cycle, and the warming part of a 100 000 year cycle, so the two sort of cancel each other out a bit.

The prevailing theory says that the 41K year cycle has to do with the earth's tilt changing and the 100K year cycle has to do with the eccentricity of the orbit changing. I believe another theory about the 100K cycle though - that it's caused by a disc shaped dust cloud that sits at the center of our orbital plane, and we drift back and forth through it. That makes more sense to me than it being caused by eccentricity changes that are barely measurable. There's also some data to support it.

http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_4/milankovitch.htm">//http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_4/milankovitch.htm

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Read up on climate science and what the consensus is there.

Oh puhleease RW. I have prolly read more on the subject than the rest of you here combined. I am an earth sciences grad. Consensus is for popularity contests not science.

RW

If you are so well read, why don't you know what climate scientists are saying?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"If you are so well read, why don't you know what climate scientists are saying?

If you don't believe me the opinions of my peers vary about causes, who or what is responsible or even if climate change falls outside historic norms than we really have nothing more to say.

RW

I am sure opinions vary.  I'm asking you if you are aware of what the scientific consensus is on the issue.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Ladies, please...remember the Bees are watching!!! They love it when we fight!!

ac_lmfao

RW

No actually,they aren't.  Hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!