The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Thousands of Baby Spiders!

Started by Annie, May 18, 2015, 09:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Annie

Last summer hubby and I rescued a couple babies stuck in a dumpster. We stuck a long 2 x 4 in and they crawled up and out. They were so cute chattering, trying to figure out how to get out. Once out they sat on the edge and looked at us as if to say "hey, thanks!" lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Annie"We have racoons here, every year a few babies get stuck inside a dumpster and need to be rescued.

Southern Ontario/New York/Michigan have a lot of the bandits.

You will find Raccoons just about everywhere in the lower 48.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"We have racoons here, every year a few babies get stuck inside a dumpster and need to be rescued.

They are an interesting animal..

They have hands that can take lids off of trash cans.

Annie

And they're quite sociable,  a few years ago there were like 15 of them conjugating in our yard a couple nights. I guess they didn't know how to get the bbq to work and they forgot to bring beer.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

They are also highly adaptable animals. They thrive in places like Central Park in NYC just as well as the do in rural areas. Despite looking cute and cuddly they are also dangerous and can be quite vicious when they feel threatened. Unfortunately they are also an animal that is prone to falling victim to rabies epidemics which can make them very aggressive. You never want to get on the bad side of an adult raccoon because they can fuck you up.

But on a lighter note, I never heard of one stealing a baby. As in "A DINGO STOLE MY BABY!!!!!".  ac_razz
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

They are also highly adaptable animals. They thrive in places like Central Park in NYC just as well as the do in rural areas. Despite looking cute and cuddly they are also dangerous and can be quite vicious when they feel threatened. Unfortunately they are also an animal that is prone to falling victim to rabies epidemics which can make them very aggressive. You never want to get on the bad side of an adult raccoon because they can fuck you up.

But on a lighter note, I never heard of one stealing a baby. As in "A DINGO STOLE MY BABY!!!!!".  ac_razz

They must be clever animals if they have adapted to living among people..

Coyotes have become urban dwellers too.

Annie

We've got lots of coyotes too, and now more cougars. Oh and bobcats lately too.  Every year we see a few bears and a few deer. One time hubby and I looked outside and saw 2 young bucks with full antlers walking down the road.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"We've got lots of coyotes too, and now more cougars. Oh and bobcats lately too.  Every year we see a few bears and a few deer. One time hubby and I looked outside and saw 2 young bucks with full antlers walking down the road.

There was a female moose and calf near my house in March.

Renee

Coyotes are here in too. They captured one in Lower Manhattan last month and I was watching the local new tonight and saw a report that a coyote attacked a small dog in an NJ. town less than 15 miles outside NYC.

Anonymous

Coyotes are here in too. They captured one in Lower Manhattan last month and I was watching the local new tonight and saw a report that a coyote attacked a small dog in an NJ. town less than 15 miles outside NYC.

I was watching on the Nature of Things coyote and wold hybrids have been spotted within greater New York city.

Annie

I heard that too Fash, I think it's because us humans are pushing them out of they're natural habitats and now they have no where to go but into what is now ours :(

Bricktop

That's because dingo's are the same size as wolves, buttercup.

Raccoons are just big cats.

Annie

Racoons can easily take a cat too! I've heard a few neighbors talk about their cat fighting racoons and losing.

RW

I hear it all the time.  I've seen plenty raccoons and coyotes :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop