The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I love these Clothes

Started by Renee, May 27, 2015, 03:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

It's been hot here for a few days now and it tells me summer is almost here. Summer also reminds me of my Ren. Faire days and I start to long to wear stuff like this:  ac_lovestruck

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/89/a6/f889a647ff73b61ab17e0d16c1be77ff.jpg">

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c4/10/be/c410be021d829fd5afcbb525f497d971.jpg">

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8f/81/5c/8f815c8f07818e3d7759e9d57c2424ec.jpg">

I don't expect you civilians/mundanes to understand but this stuff lights me up.  ac_dance
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

asal

Very pretty Renee!  I love the socks the most.  They look Scottish. Everything is gorgeous.  I love the skirt part of the dress and the feather details on that ear decoration.

Renee

Quote from: "asal"Very pretty Renee!  I love the socks the most.  They look Scottish. Everything is gorgeous.  I love the skirt part of the dress and the feather details on that ear decoration.

It's actually not a dress but four separate articles of clothing. A bodice, a chemise, and two skirts. You tuck the upper skirt so that you can show off the base skirt. You can do it to varying degrees depending on how much contrasting color and fabric you want to show. An outfit like that isn't complete unless it's accentuated with belts, bracers, fox tails, pouches and always a nasty looking dagger (peace tied) tucked away somewhere.  ac_biggrin

You're right, the socks do look Scottish. It doesn't suprise me because Scottish personas are very popular at Renn. Faires.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

I love that kind of dress.  A Renaissance Faire would be a hoot!

Those socks are great too.  You can buy bands that just go around your calves and stick out of the top of your boots so you don't have to wear full socks.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Inside every American is a Brit trying to get out....

@realAzhyaAryola

I like them too, Renee! I love the costumes on The Tudors. Did you ever watch that?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

They're gonna need a strong chain and a tow truck to tighten up her corset.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"They're gonna need a strong chain and a tow truck to tighten up her corset.

You're just cranky because when you take your shirt off you look like your wearing a hospital gown that is in desperate need of ironing.

Now toddler off on your spindly old man legs and STFU.

Bricktop

Now, now...you know perfectly well what I look like. You will no doubt hope that you will look as good at that age as I do. And as thin.

ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"It's been hot here for a few days now and it tells me summer is almost here. Summer also reminds me of my Ren. Faire days and I start to long to wear stuff like this:  ac_lovestruck

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/89/a6/f889a647ff73b61ab17e0d16c1be77ff.jpg">

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c4/10/be/c410be021d829fd5afcbb525f497d971.jpg">

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8f/81/5c/8f815c8f07818e3d7759e9d57c2424ec.jpg">

I don't expect you civilians/mundanes to understand but this stuff lights me up.  ac_dance

Very fun looking Renee.

ac_smile

@realAzhyaAryola

In The Tudors, I was definitely a fan of the fetching pieces of jewelry resting on a lovely décolletage.

http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/1/R3ma6ACTPIDjufliFZMB7Q36995/GW305H317">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Now, now...you know perfectly well what I look like. You will no doubt hope that you will look as good at that age as I do. And as thin.

ac_lmfao

What's "thin" got to do with it? You simply look like......an old man; nothing more, nothing less.

If that makes you feel superior to me then so be it.

BTW old man. I regularly get mistaken for a woman 10 years my Jr. My mom (who is also heavy) and who is about your age can pass for a woman in her late 40s, or early 50s. If l look as good as her at that age, I'll be way ahead of the game. And where will that leave you then?.....OH I know......DEAD! ac_toofunny

Renee

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I like them too, Renee! I love the costumes on The Tudors. Did you ever watch that?

Yes I've seen The Tudors. But never the full series. But what I saw of it, the costumes where extremely accurate.

The garb worn at most Renn Faires isn't always accurate to the time period. For the most part the outfits are stylized representations of Renaissance era clothing. It's mainly for fun, almost like an informal fashion show with the serious players each trying to out do the other. Some of the more hard core actors and patrons spend a small fortune outfitting themselves with the proper clothing and accessories. I don't even want to think about the amount of money I spent on garb when I was working faires. One season I spent $600 alone (after discount) on a custom pair of 9 button boots, which were never really seen under my kirtle but they were damn pretty.  ac_toofunny

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"
BTW old man. I regularly get mistaken for a woman 10 years my Jr. My mom (who is also heavy) and who is about your age can pass for a woman in her late 40s, or early 50s. If l look as good as her at that age, I'll be way ahead of the game. And where will that leave you then?.....OH I know......DEAD! ac_toofunny

How about introducing me to your mother????  ac_flower

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Renee"

How about introducing me to your mother????  ac_flower

Not a chance, there Romeo. But I hear Shen Li's mom is available.