News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10409
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:53 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Canada's Multicult Moonbeams ... WHAT Have You Done??

Started by cc, May 28, 2015, 11:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Aw. No "different" cultures whatsoever. Kinda figured that ...... "protected" space technically in Mexico is like being home as is at least the southern 1/2 of UK

For even a tad of credibility, you really need to get out and around more before pontificating on the value of cultures other than Canadian
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"I've been to the US, England and Mexico.

I don't recall anyone telling you you're racist. Strange that you feel guilty of it.

You seem confused. You enjoy other cultures, yet prefer not to have their cultures, yet enjoy bringing your culture to theirs.

I see that you're proud of being Australian and English at the same time. When are going to walk the walk and pick one?

No need to pick one. I was born there, and now live here. Why pick. Proud of both!!

OK...so, let's take Vanuatu, for example.

A core part of their culture was cannibalism. The last country to ban the practice, in the 1960's...but that does not mean it has disappeared.

In Vanuatu, men and women are segregated in tribal meetings and formal occasions. Women are not permitted in the main meeting place around the fire pit. This is because the men would eat their victims, and women were not permitted to partake.

A major part of village life is the kava hut. Kava is a naturally occurring mild narcotic that is distilled from a variant of the pepper tree. Women are forbidden in kava huts, and tribal men drink kava until they are thoroughly skulled, and then become lazy and indolent, and refuse to work, fish or hunt.

Intriguing, somewhat forbidding, harrowing at times...but its THEIR way of life. It is a real experience witnessing and observing how they live, in contrast to our lifestyle. Even more astonishing, is that Vanuatu often finishes in the top 5 of people who live happy lives. Few have large houses, cooking fuel costs a small fortune, there is not a single traffic light in the whole country, everyone's wage is identical, no matter the work they do. Law and order in the city is managed by a corrupt police force, and in tribal areas village chiefs administer their own brand of sanctions to malefactors.

Now, would I then want that culture transplanted here?

Hell, no. But its a blast to see how people live so differently, and are so happy.

Romero

Quote from: "cc la femme"Aw. No "different" cultures whatsoever. Kinda figured that ...... "protected" space technically in Mexico is like being home as is at least the southern 1/2 of UK

For even a tad of credibility, you really need to get out and around more before pontificating on the value of cultures other than Canadian

Living in multicultural Canada, I well know that other cultures offer so much. Are you against Australian, Irish, Chinese, Ukrainian, Korean etc. cultures being here in Canada? Go right ahead and tell me that you don't think they belong here.

It's so disappointing when an immigrant such as yourself comes to my country and is unwilling to conform to our values and customs. Yet you have no problem enjoying the culture you brought with you.

I don't need to go to monoculture Saudi Arabia to know that it sucks. I don't need to go to multicultural Canada to know it's one of the greatest countries in the world. Multicultural countries kick ass, sweetie. Check out the top ten.

Romero

Quote from: "SPECTRE"No need to pick one. I was born there, and now live here. Why pick. Proud of both!!

So you're multicultural.

Who gives a fuck about Vanuatu? That's your example? You might want to notice it's not multicultural.

Romero

QuoteAustralia's approach to multicultural policy embraces our shared values and cultural traditions and recognises that Australia's multicultural character gives us a competitive edge in an increasingly globalised world. The approach articulates the rights and responsibilities that are fundamental to living in Australia and supports the rights of all to celebrate, practise and maintain their cultural traditions within the law and free from discrimination. The policy aims to strengthen social cohesion through promoting belonging, respecting diversity and fostering engagement with Australian values, identity and citizenship, within the framework of Australian law.

https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/settlement-and-multicultural-affairs/publications/the-people-of-australia-australias-multicultural-policy">//https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/settlement-and-multicultural-affairs/publications/the-people-of-australia-australias-multicultural-policy

The very day the first British criminals met the aboriginals, Australia became a multicultural nation.

Anonymous

Some of the countries the Iron Ch!nk has been allowed into:

[size=200]CHINA[/size]

Japan

South Korea

Singapore

Malaysia

Indonesia

Phillippines

Brunei

most EU and Western European countries

Ukraine

Israel

Romero

Even before Kanata(an Iroquoian name) became the nation of Canada(an Iroquoian name), there were at least British, French and many First Nations.

Which one shall we pick to be our one culture? Who wants to tell cc to leave her Australian culture behind?

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Some of the countries the Iron Ch!nk has been allowed into:

[size=200]CHINA[/size]

Japan

South Korea

Singapore

Malaysia

Indonesia

Phillippines

Brunei

Ukraine

Israel

So many cultures! Did you enjoy them?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"No need to pick one. I was born there, and now live here. Why pick. Proud of both!!

So you're multicultural.

Who gives a fuck about Vanuatu? That's your example? You might want to notice it's not multicultural.

Dude, I'm not following you.

I am NOT muliculti, in the sense that I see no net benefit in turning Western countries into multi-cultural time bombs.

The countries I mentioned are in most cases uni-cultural. I enjoy visiting a different culture.

I do not want multiple cultures in one country, mine.

Romero

You're not Australian and British? I thought you said you were a perfect union of two cultures. I'm pretty sure you did.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Some of the countries the Iron Ch!nk has been allowed into:

[size=200]CHINA[/size]

Japan

South Korea

Singapore

Malaysia

Indonesia

Phillippines

Brunei

Ukraine

Israel

So many cultures! Did you enjoy them?

The Asian countries yes, the European ones NO!! Too many fucking Muslim no-go zones for me.

Romero

Ha ha, you've never seen any "Muslim no-go zones" in your travels, have you?

Would you say that any of those Asian cultures have no place in Canada?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Ha ha, you've never seen any "Muslim no-go zones" in your travels, have you?

Would you say that any of those Asian cultures have no place in Canada?

I would say those European Muslim no-go zones have no place outside the 8th century.

Romero

So you've never seen any Muslim no-go zones at any time in your travels.

I assume you have no problem with Chinese culture being a part of Canada?

cc

They do in Bradford 2012 to name one I have seen. While did not spend much time in zones in Birmingham, there are many ... but Bradford we spent a lot of time

Querky would love me in a headscarf

Back to subject,  you still support Indian culture = caste system  - You can't have it both ways  ... you either support their culture or you do not
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell