The best topic

Replies: 10414
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 22, 2024, 08:17:40 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"Now it gets brought here.  :lol:

It just keeps getting funnier. Why does he keep doing this to himself?

Jesus Christ he's a whiner. It's pretty pathetic that he is he looking for support when he doesn't even get the gist of the issue.

I am East Asian, but I really don't care if anyone assumes I am a danger behind the wheel. I know I am not and that is good enough for me. Let them have their sterotypes I say.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Jesus Christ he's a whiner. It's pretty pathetic that he is he looking for support when he doesn't even get the gist of the issue.

I am East Asian, but I really don't care if anyone assumes I am a danger behind the wheel. I know I am not and that is good enough for me. Let them have their sterotypes I say.

We are all potential dangers behind the wheel whether you know it or not. Some of us are just more so.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

I guess you didn't notice that this thread is full of stuff brought here. All whining, pathetic and looking for support?

This is an Asian Canadian forum. It's topical.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Odinson"Asians cannot drive and it is a world wide known fact.

If you let an asian borrow your car... Call to the insurance company first.

Quote from: "Romero"A stupid stereotype. How do you explain the fact that most Asians drive just fine? They're not any worse than any other races. Race has nothing to do with driving skill.

Quote from: "cc la tarte"This issue itself is not a me issue, but you again make a statement with no ability to support it.

Quote from: "Romero"You're agreeing with Odie that Asians can't drive?

Quote from: "cc la tarte"I don't know the stats so could never have an opinion on that one way or the other.

What a stupid stereotype. I can't believe I have to argue against this stereotype in this day and age with adults.

I am aware of this stereotype and have seen it yet more in a more subtle manner in my life..

For example, people that insist they should drive if we go out or drivers avoiding me on the roads..

Usually with friends I might say realax and let me be your chauffeur today..

Other times I might just let them drive..

Driving in Taiwan requires more skill than here and I think many Canadians who have never driven outside Canada might appear to be poor drivers there.

Anonymous

Tonight's stupid post comes to us courtesy of our very own Romero.
QuoteLiveable wages and full-time jobs. A capitalist consumer economy needs consumers and people can't afford to. Companies are profiting and sitting on tons of cash but they won't hire and invest supposedly because of low consumer spending.

The new economy - companies can make higher profits with lower wages and tax loopholes.

Western countries are either shrinking or growing at a turtle's pace. Western countries are full of old people that buy less, but consume more costly services like health care. International companies are making lots of money, but you can thank high growth economies like China for that though. Nations with old people, unsustainable debt levels/no savings and no growth are hard to get rich in.

Canadians spend more on taxes than they do on clothing, food or shelter and yet he sees higher taxes as a soluting rather than a problem. It's really simple yet apparently hard to do. Increase GDP, cut spending, grow the economy, save money, lower taxes and pricey entitlements, have more babies and die younger. Then we can discuss higher wages and greater take home pay for Canadian workers. If all of that is too hard to do then stop blocking resource developments and open up rich and growing export markets in Asia to keep the goose laying golden eggs.

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"International companies are making lots of money, but you can thank high growth economies like China for that though. Nations with old people, unsustainable debt levels/no savings and no growth are hard to get rich in.

China has 185 million people over the age of sixty. It'll be almost 500 million forty years from now.

Quote from: "Shen Li"Canadians spend more on taxes than they do on clothing, food or shelter and yet he sees higher taxes as a soluting rather than a problem.

If all of that is too hard to do then stop blocking resource developments and open up rich and growing export markets in Asia to keep the goose laying golden eggs.

Corporations and the wealthy aren't paying more on taxes. Or wages.

We have been opening up rich and growing export markets in Asia.

So where's this alleged better economy?

cc

Quote when he doesn't even get the gist of the issue.
Yes. He didn't get that was why I mentioned it either. Long (very long) story short, he wouldn't accept that I had no opinion on the subject because I have no data on it, but he wanted so bad for me to say I thought asians were bad drivers. It ranks high as one of the stupidest threads of all time.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"International companies are making lots of money, but you can thank high growth economies like China for that though. Nations with old people, unsustainable debt levels/no savings and no growth are hard to get rich in.

China has 185 million people over the age of sixty. It'll be almost 500 million forty years from now.

Quote from: "Shen Li"Canadians spend more on taxes than they do on clothing, food or shelter and yet he sees higher taxes as a soluting rather than a problem.

If all of that is too hard to do then stop blocking resource developments and open up rich and growing export markets in Asia to keep the goose laying golden eggs.

Corporations and the wealthy aren't paying more on taxes. Or wages.

So where's this alleged better economy?

The key to growing incomes and opportunities is higher economic growth not higher taxes.

Renee

Quote from: "cc li tarte"
Yes. He didn't get that was why I mentioned it either. Long (very long) story short, he wouldn't accept that I had no opinion on the subject because I have no data on it, but he wanted so bad for me to say I thought asians were bad drivers. It ranks high as one of the stupidest threads of all time.

Stupid yes, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I always get a kick out a thread when Romero enters it with his half-witted logic and argument points. He comes off so sincere with his stupid shit that you know he has to be either the dumbest person around or the best troll ever; either way it's funny as hell.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Long (very long) story short, he wouldn't accept that I had no opinion on the subject because I have no data on it, but he wanted so bad for me to say I thought asians were bad drivers.

I never wanted you to say you thought Asians were bad drivers. Why would I want that? The first thing I said was it was a stupid stereotype.

You were "offended" by me telling Odie that most Asians drive just fine and race has nothing to do with driving skill. I simply asked if you agreed with Odie.

For having no opinion on the subject you sure weren't happy with me saying Asians aren't bad drivers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Long (very long) story short, he wouldn't accept that I had no opinion on the subject because I have no data on it, but he wanted so bad for me to say I thought asians were bad drivers.

I never wanted you to say you thought Asians were bad drivers. Why would I want that? The first thing I said was it was a stupid stereotype.

You were "offended" by me telling Odie that most Asians drive just fine and race has nothing to do with driving skill. I simply asked if you agreed with Odie.

For having no opinion on the subject you sure weren't happy with me saying Asians aren't bad drivers.

I read some US stats that say Asians are less likely than Caucasians to get into serious accidents. Like most things stats are often deceiving. For example, are Aboriginal Americans the worst drivers? Are women really better drivers than men?

I don't know nor care if anyone thinks I am an inferior driver simply because I am East Asian. Don't ask me for a fucking lift if that is the case.

Anonymous

QuoteChina has 185 million people over the age of sixty. It'll be almost 500 million forty years from now.

About 51% of Canadian households have less than $10,000 saved for emergencies. China's saving rate, at 51% of GDP, is even higher than its investment rate. Easy to see who has disposable income and who is broke.

QuoteCorporations and the wealthy aren't paying more on taxes. Or wages.

So where's this alleged better economy

Nor should corporations(corporations don't actually pay taxes anyway, shareholders do) spend more on taxes to Western governments.

Looking at all levels of government for the year ending March 31, 2009:

"Consolidated government revenues declined 2.1% to $633.7 billion during the fiscal year ending March 2009, while expenditures grew 2.5% to $631.3 billion."

China will grow in the neighbourhood of 7.5-8% this year while one of the West's star economies(Germany) will grow at an anaemic 0.3%.

If you want higher wages, grow your economy much faster, spend less and save more.

cc

Quote from: "cc li tarte"

Stupid yes, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I always get a kick out a thread when Romero enters it with his half-witted logic and argument points. He comes off so sincere with his stupid shit that you know he has to be either the dumbest person around or the best troll ever; either way it's funny as hell.

Most every reply I wonder which. Still am not certain. And, yes, it is always hilarious .... like watching someone who just arrived from mars explaining what something someone said here means

This one today was a 10 / 10 - the funniest I have seen to date.

Quote from: "cc la tarte"
Quote from: "Romero" ...... It would be as useless as profiling .... shoe size.....
Quote from: "cc"When I was single, I confess to "profiling by shoe size".

Further, it was not "useless" .. rather it was extremely practical and effective ... proving itself to be a great time / energy saver
Quote from: "Romero"It was? Where?
 :)

OK class. This is an example of  the need to assess & understand the post you are replying to. Don't let this happen to you.

Romero

Yeah, yeah. I thought you made that joke then started talking about racial profiling again. Just a little misunderstanding.

cc

"again"? "again"? - There he goes again.

You never quit accusing  when there is nothing serious to accuse of.

What in you makes you do vile things like that? ... and then try to cover the vileness by trying to play the "I'm such a good person" bullshit. That act stinks!