Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Oh I'm sorry Keeper..

I like you and I like everyone that posts here..

I want the animosity with VF to stop, but I do not want to make any of the posters here angry with me..

Is there a way we can be happy and still be nice to people on VF?

I am willing to compromise to achieve peace.

No one could ever be mad at you Fash, you're a decent human being who treats everyone with respect and I respect you because you are probably the most respectable one here  acc_hugz

There is nothing special about me Annie..

You have been through so much I admire your inner strength..

We are all good men and women here and I hope that we show that to everyone.

Annie

Aww thanks Fash, but you did make a good point. Whining about something from another forum can get a bit much and I know I am guilty of that. I was banned from the main forum over there for complaining over here lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Aww thanks Fash, but you did make a good point. Whining about something from another forum can get a bit much and I know I am guilty of that. I was banned from the main forum over there for complaining over here lol

You will never be banned from here..

We have a different approach than Vancouver Forum..

We are a consensus based real community and they are a top down dictatorship..

I want input from everyone here all the time..

If you are unhappy, let me know..

I would be so hurt if posters here went to VF and disrespected me in the same way that Shen Li has evs.

ac_crying

Annie

Oh Fash, I no doubt feel you have absolutely nothing to worry about.  You're forum is great and run by decent mods unlike over there.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

Let me verify a little better the indecent mod over there is evs. I have no animosity towards any others

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Oh Fash, I no doubt feel you have absolutely nothing to worry about.  You're forum is great and run by decent mods unlike over there.

We have a different approach Annie than Vancouver Forum..

I am Asian and Asians value consensus..

Majority rules here, and I am only one vote.

Annie

Consensus can be a good thing when you have a decent person in charge  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Oh Fash, I no doubt feel you have absolutely nothing to worry about.  You're forum is great and run by decent mods unlike over there.

But, if you have a problem with how freedom of expression is managed here Annie, please let me know.

ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Annie"Aww thanks Fash, but you did make a good point. Whining about something from another forum can get a bit much and I know I am guilty of that. I was banned from the main forum over there for complaining over here lol

You will never be banned from here..

We have a different approach than Vancouver Forum..

We are a consensus based real community and they are a top down dictatorship..

I want input from everyone here all the time..

If you are unhappy, let me know..

I would be so hurt if posters here went to VF and disrespected me in the same way that Shen Li has evs.

ac_crying

You have nothing to worry about. You are an angel And I kknow that Shen even during one her most passionate moods would never do that to you.

Please understand Fash, we (RW, Shen, Annie, Keeper and I) have all been treated very badly by evs and we are simply venting. My own issues with evs go back for years. The animosity between us is not recent. There is a lingering and festering hate between us that is simply not just going to go away.

I am truly sorry if my conduct here upsets you. I will try to limit my angst while I am here.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
You have nothing to worry about. You are an angel And I kknow that Shen even during one her most passionate moods would never do that to you.

Please understand Fash, we (RW, Shen, Annie, Keeper and I) have all been treated very badly by evs and we are simply venting. My own issues with evs go back for years. The animosity between us is not recent. There is a lingering and festering hate between us that is simply not just going to go away.

I am truly sorry if my conduct here upsets you. I will try to limit my angst while I am here.

Hello Renee, venting is fine if that is what you need to do..

If I can improve anything, please let me know and I will try my best to accommodate.

ac_hithere

Annie

Quote from: "Fashionista"

But, if you have a problem with how freedom of expression is managed here Annie, please let me know.

ac_smile

I don't Fash, and I never have.

Annie

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I too was just venting :)

I understand Annie.

ac_smile

Chickenfeets

I guess what I don't get is why the people in this community (meaning the ACC) expend so much energy bashing the folks in the "other" community.

Don't you realize that it makes you no different than the very people you chastise and condemn? No different.

Imagine if all the time you spent visiting a forum you don't like, criticizing people you can't stand was spent instead on building your community in such a way that what ties you together is your love for each other rather than your hatred for others! What a place this would be!

Fashionista, with all due respect, and however you may want to believe this is a democracy where everyone's voice counts (yes, even Shen Li's, who would like nothing more than to limit extending the right to vote only to those she judges are fit to use that right well), the only consensus you will find on this board is the common agreement among the members here to go on hating and despising people on some other forum. If I were a moderator on this board, this thread would have been locked ages ago. That would still leave enough hatred in other threads on this board to satisfy those who believe anonymity is a passport to the crassest incivilities.

I really don't care if someone here (or even on VF) hates my guts or finds me an obnoxious coward, to my mind the community that people try to build ought to supersede the yeas and nays of its more driven individual members. With the exception of administrators. It is the (almost sacred) duty of administrators to let their voice ring clear in providing a sense of direction, in letting members know exactly what kind of forum they wish to run, even if they will not always be able to control its form. Failure (or refusal) to do so will lead to an identity crisis where--sometimes suddenly--only the strongest and most strident people will be in a position to become the community's rudder. And this is not always for the good. Especially not when the direction taken goes against what the admin wishes the place to be.

Regardless of all the crap some folks, both here and over there, wish to lay at my feet or heap upon my head, you will not find me condemning anyone here nor there (except for SMP--he's a prick, that one) whose intention is to participate and build something, just because I know this is what folks are trying to do--to build.

Time to lay down the sledgehammers and pick up trowel and cement.

It's plain for all to see that the lot of you enjoy each other's company. And that can only be a good thing. It's also easy to see that folks on VF also enjoy each other's company. Why not see this as a blessing instead of a cause for moral outrage?

Harsh words have been said recently. Hurtful garbage. From many different directions. Shit can serve no purpose if you're trying to build a cathedral; you'll only end up with an outhouse.

Anyway, you all know what I'm saying. I know you do.

And there's nothing I said here I that wouldn't say (or haven't already also said) on VF.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"I guess what I don't get is why the people in this community (meaning the ACC) expend so much energy bashing the folks in the "other" community.

Don't you realize that it makes you no different than the very people you chastise and condemn? No different.

Imagine if all the time you spent visiting a forum you don't like, criticizing people you can't stand was spent instead on building your community in such a way that what ties you together is your love for each other rather than your hatred for others! What a place this would be!

Fashionista, with all due respect, and however you may want to believe this is a democracy where everyone's voice counts (yes, even Shen Li's, who would like nothing more than to limit extending the right to vote only to those she judges are fit to use that right well), the only consensus you will find on this board is the common agreement among the members here to go on hating and despising people on some other forum. If I were a moderator on this board, this thread would have been locked ages ago.That would still leave enough hatred in other threads on this board to satisfy those who believe anonymity is a passport to the crassest incivilities.

I really don't care if someone here (or even on VF) hates my guts or finds me an obnoxious coward, to my mind the community that people try to build ought to supersede the yeas and nays of its more driven individual members. With the exception of administrators. It is the (almost sacred) duty of administrators to let their voice ring clear in providing a sense of direction, in letting members know exactly what kind of forum they wish to run, even if they will not always be able to control its form. Failure (or refusal) to do so will lead to an identity crisis where--sometimes suddenly--only the strongest and most strident people will be in a position to become the community's rudder. And this is not always for the good. Especially not when the direction taken goes against what the admin wishes the place to be.

Regardless of all the crap some folks, both here and over there, wish to lay at my feet or heap upon my head, you will not find me condemning anyone here nor there (except for SMP--he's a prick, that one) whose intention is to participate and build something, just because I know this is what folks are trying to do--to build.

Time to lay down the sledgehammers and pick up trowel and cement.

It's plain for all to see that the lot of you enjoy each other's company. And that can only be a good thing. It's also easy to see that folks on VF also enjoy each other's company. Why not see this as a blessing instead of a cause for moral outrage?

Harsh words have been said recently. Hurtful garbage. From many different directions. Shit can serve no purpose if you're trying to build a cathedral; you'll only end up with an outhouse.

Anyway, you all know what I'm saying. I know you do.

And there's nothing I said here I that wouldn't say (or haven't already also said) on VF.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Hello Chickenfeets, I can see why you are cynical about our community..

I disagree that the only reason we exist is to hate..

But, I cannot seem to convince anyone of that, so I expect you will see me as a dreamer..

As John Lennon said, you may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one..

I do not care how much I am considered a fool, I believe the community is right..

If you believe I have done a poor job as admin than feel free to replace me.