Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chickenfeets

Oh, Fash.

No, I do not believe you have done a poor job. Far from it. And, quite obviously, I'm probably more of a dreamer than you are.

And, no, I am most definitely not cynical about your community. Go back and read my post and you will see I am exactly the opposite of cynical.

But there's a handful of posters here who thrive on hatred (and you'll notice I'm not singling anyone out--they know who they are) and allowing that hatred to be the rudder of the community is risky.

That's all I'm saying.

And, Fash, you already know that I think you're irreplaceable, so it's no use taking the conversation in that direction.

Again, I hope you have a nice weekend.

Saltydog

Ahoy,

Saltydog in the house....

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Saltydog"Ahoy,

Saltydog in the house....

I thought you slipped off your boat while drunk and drowned?

RW

There is NOTHING wrong with this place Fash. You have built something wonderful here and people should be taking advice from you on how that is done, not vice versa.

There is also no intent to build over at VF as things stand.  There are just excuses for an admin who is unfortunately falling apart and clearly being pushed in too many directions but the supposedly well intentioned.

I implore you Fash to stop looking for wrongs and see the rights - we all get along well and that is not something that needs fixing.

All the complaining done on this board is contained in one thread here.  I have been to other forums where where are whole sections dedicating to complaining about other places so it's not unusual.  

I would be inclined to leave well enough alone.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"I guess what I don't get is why the people in this community (meaning the ACC) expend so much energy bashing the folks in the "other" community.

Don't you realize that it makes you no different than the very people you chastise and condemn? No different.

Imagine if all the time you spent visiting a forum you don't like, criticizing people you can't stand was spent instead on building your community in such a way that what ties you together is your love for each other rather than your hatred for others! What a place this would be!

Fashionista, with all due respect, and however you may want to believe this is a democracy where everyone's voice counts (yes, even Shen Li's, who would like nothing more than to limit extending the right to vote only to those she judges are fit to use that right well), the only consensus you will find on this board is the common agreement among the members here to go on hating and despising people on some other forum. If I were a moderator on this board, this thread would have been locked ages ago. That would still leave enough hatred in other threads on this board to satisfy those who believe anonymity is a passport to the crassest incivilities.

I really don't care if someone here (or even on VF) hates my guts or finds me an obnoxious coward, to my mind the community that people try to build ought to supersede the yeas and nays of its more driven individual members. With the exception of administrators. It is the (almost sacred) duty of administrators to let their voice ring clear in providing a sense of direction, in letting members know exactly what kind of forum they wish to run, even if they will not always be able to control its form. Failure (or refusal) to do so will lead to an identity crisis where--sometimes suddenly--only the strongest and most strident people will be in a position to become the community's rudder. And this is not always for the good. Especially not when the direction taken goes against what the admin wishes the place to be.

Regardless of all the crap some folks, both here and over there, wish to lay at my feet or heap upon my head, you will not find me condemning anyone here nor there (except for SMP--he's a prick, that one) whose intention is to participate and build something, just because I know this is what folks are trying to do--to build.

Time to lay down the sledgehammers and pick up trowel and cement.

It's plain for all to see that the lot of you enjoy each other's company. And that can only be a good thing. It's also easy to see that folks on VF also enjoy each other's company. Why not see this as a blessing instead of a cause for moral outrage?

Harsh words have been said recently. Hurtful garbage. From many different directions. Shit can serve no purpose if you're trying to build a cathedral; you'll only end up with an outhouse.

Anyway, you all know what I'm saying. I know you do.

And there's nothing I said here I that wouldn't say (or haven't already also said) on VF.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Wouldnt have to comment on VF if the owner wasn't such a mental case now would we?

Sorry but if i could comment on VF i would, i cant, so i do it here and will continue to do it, If Fash or Munday want to remove me or banish me to a "RO" like VF that's there prerogative.

ac_drinks

keeper

Quote from: "Real Woman"There is NOTHING wrong with this place Fash. You have built something wonderful here and people should be taking advice from you on how that is done, not vice versa.

There is also no intent to build over at VF as things stand.  There are just excuses for an admin who is unfortunately falling apart and clearly being pushed in too many directions but the supposedly well intentioned.

I implore you Fash to stop looking for wrongs and see the rights - we all get along well and that is not something that needs fixing.

All the complaining done on this board is contained in one thread here.  I have been to other forums where where are whole sections dedicating to complaining about other places so it's not unusual.  

I agree with RW, its ONE thread we bitch at not like 20 like at VF.  Gezzzzzzz

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"I guess what I don't get is why the people in this community (meaning the ACC) expend so much energy bashing the folks in the "other" community.

Don't you realize that it makes you no different than the very people you chastise and condemn? No different.

Imagine if all the time you spent visiting a forum you don't like, criticizing people you can't stand was spent instead on building your community in such a way that what ties you together is your love for each other rather than your hatred for others! What a place this would be!

Fashionista, with all due respect, and however you may want to believe this is a democracy where everyone's voice counts (yes, even Shen Li's, who would like nothing more than to limit extending the right to vote only to those she judges are fit to use that right well), the only consensus you will find on this board is the common agreement among the members here to go on hating and despising people on some other forum. If I were a moderator on this board, this thread would have been locked ages ago. That would still leave enough hatred in other threads on this board to satisfy those who believe anonymity is a passport to the crassest incivilities.

I really don't care if someone here (or even on VF) hates my guts or finds me an obnoxious coward, to my mind the community that people try to build ought to supersede the yeas and nays of its more driven individual members. With the exception of administrators. It is the (almost sacred) duty of administrators to let their voice ring clear in providing a sense of direction, in letting members know exactly what kind of forum they wish to run, even if they will not always be able to control its form. Failure (or refusal) to do so will lead to an identity crisis where--sometimes suddenly--only the strongest and most strident people will be in a position to become the community's rudder. And this is not always for the good. Especially not when the direction taken goes against what the admin wishes the place to be.

Regardless of all the crap some folks, both here and over there, wish to lay at my feet or heap upon my head, you will not find me condemning anyone here nor there (except for SMP--he's a prick, that one) whose intention is to participate and build something, just because I know this is what folks are trying to do--to build.

Time to lay down the sledgehammers and pick up trowel and cement.

It's plain for all to see that the lot of you enjoy each other's company. And that can only be a good thing. It's also easy to see that folks on VF also enjoy each other's company. Why not see this as a blessing instead of a cause for moral outrage?

Harsh words have been said recently. Hurtful garbage. From many different directions. Shit can serve no purpose if you're trying to build a cathedral; you'll only end up with an outhouse.

Anyway, you all know what I'm saying. I know you do.

And there's nothing I said here I that wouldn't say (or haven't already also said) on VF.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

thanks feets...agreed mostly......i would have locked this thread awhile ago as you pointed out except all the complaining and venting has been confined to here so that is ok...if it spreads to other threads then we deal with it at that time.....so as much as i don't think the constant complaining accomplishes much we did manage to get this thread to 316 pages...the legend grows.......lol.. ac_dance

keeper

its 316 pages because we have only 9 posts per page

just sayin

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Keeper"its 316 pages because we have only 9 posts per page

just sayin

ssshhhhhhhhh.......... :howdy:

Chickenfeets

Ha!

Munday, you old bugger!

I hadn't even noticed that! So, 9 posts per page!?!?! Ha!

"Legend," indeed.  ac_biggrin

Renee

Blurt really needs to keep his long winded opinion to himself . Especially since his support for evs makes him culpable in the most recent dispicable actions of VF's evil queen.

Fash I will abide by anything you wish but I will not sit by and watch chickenshit or what he calls himself, malign me , Shen, Keeper, or ANYONE else evs has treated like crap. If the owner of VF wasn't such a scum bitch, there is a good chance that at least 350 pages of this thread wouldn't even exist.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Oh, Fash.

No, I do not believe you have done a poor job. Far from it. And, quite obviously, I'm probably more of a dreamer than you are.

And, no, I am most definitely not cynical about your community. Go back and read my post and you will see I am exactly the opposite of cynical.

But there's a handful of posters here who thrive on hatred (and you'll notice I'm not singling anyone out--they know who they are) and allowing that hatred to be the rudder of the community is risky.

That's all I'm saying.

And, Fash, you already know that I think you're irreplaceable, so it's no use taking the conversation in that direction.

Chickenfeets, I understand the point you are making, but there are hurt feelings here, you need to understand that..

There are people here that want this entire discussion stopped., but I am very reluctant to do that unless there is a rules violation..

I think the compromise we can reach is venting will be confined to this thread as per Obvious Li's suggestion..

Is everyone comfortable with that?

Please offer your opinions.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"There is NOTHING wrong with this place Fash. You have built something wonderful here and people should be taking advice from you on how that is done, not vice versa.

It would seem I misinterpreted what people were saying here..

Thank you for clarifying everything for me.

ac_smile

keeper

And here we have it folks

Wulf, the newest member to be moved to RO for expressing his opinion. Good Job Evs

Who will be the next victim of Evs to Join the happy crew in RO?  #1 , #2 , #3 ?????

Posting on Main board.            

InkedAngel                                                                            

Blurt

evs

mimi

Munday

Smell the Glove - #1

Odinson - #2

Berry Sweet

Real Woman - #3

Soon

Moved to RO because Evs is Mental

Wulf - newest member

Leopardsocks

Azhya Aryola

Annie

Renee

Odinson

Have a Great Day- TA

That is All.  :howdy:

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Oh, Fash.

That's all I'm saying.

Chickenfeets, I understand the point you are making, but there are hurt feelings here, you need to understand that..

There are people here that want this entire discussion stopped., but I am very reluctant to do that unless there is a rules violation..

I think the compromise we can reach is venting will be confined to this thread as per Obvious Li's suggestion..

Is everyone comfortable with that?

Please offer your opinions.

Heres Mine,

Blurts head is up Evs ass just about as far as mimi's is, If they didn't want FURTHER Mudslinging then why create another thread (RORO) and make fun of the people who were moved there (with out notice or warning) by Evs and her minions.

But, Like Renee said, i will abide by the rules you set.

Off to get Coffee.

ac_smile