News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Could humidity power join the list of renewable energy sources?

Started by easter bunny, June 16, 2015, 10:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easter bunny

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "easter bunny"This is true. How much do bacteria cost? =P

How much does wind cost? It is more than natural gas though.

Wind is kind of unpredictable though. I wonder, if you were to put enough of these things on boats in the south Atlantic, maybe they could soak up enough energy to reduce the power of hurricanes. That might just cover the cost.

Go to Pincher Creek some time. Most of the people would like nothing better than to see all those turbines on boats in the South Atlantic than in their back yards.

Those turbines are not particularly pleasing to the eye, I'll admit. Birds don't like them either. And then there's the RF noise from the generators. I hear that some people get headaches. It would be nice to have something else.

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"Depends on the bacteria.

We'll go for the cheapest ones. =P

Will they work. Look come see us in a few years after you have some deliverability results to boast of. Far too early for any of us to comment meaningfully.

Damn rights they'll work. And for free too. No unions or minimum wages! hahaha

I am glad you have faith in it, but so far it is a prototype/idea at best. As for free, on what planet?

I mean the bacteria. They'll work for free. =))

Anonymous

Will they work. Look come see us in a few years after you have some deliverability results to boast of. Far too early for any of us to comment meaningfully.

I am glad you have faith in it, but so far it is a prototype/idea at best. As for free, on what planet?

It won't be free to end users. Anyway, neat idea, but I have seen a lot of them. Biofuels was considered a great idea at one time too.

easter bunny

It won't be free to end users. Anyway, neat idea, but I have seen a lot of them. Biofuels was considered a great idea at one time too.

Yup. We'll just have to wait and see. What impressed me the most was the bit about them being 1000 times more powerful than muscles! That's very cool.

Anonymous

Yup. We'll just have to wait and see. What impressed me the most was the bit about them being 1000 times more powerful than muscles! That's very cool.

I will keep my eye on any developments, but so far we have no results to go on.

easter bunny

I think you need lots of heat for it to really work well. I'd say your job is safe for while. =)

cc

Quotelist of renewable energy
What list was that? Hydro is the only one economically viable and its been around a long while but unfortunately it will never be available in most locations on this planet. Turbines (wind) and solar don't and won't ever cut it  .. they are "artificial"  .. phony baloney in that they cannot pay their way on their own.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
What list was that? Hydro is the only one economically viable and its been around a long while but unfortunately it will never be available in most locations on this planet. Turbines (wind) and solar don't and won't ever cut it  .. they are "artificial"  .. phony baloney in that they cannot pay their way on their own.

ac_umm

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"

It is true that some types of renewable are corrupt wastelands.

Anonymous

I think you need lots of heat for it to really work well. I'd say your job is safe for while. =)

Why would it ever affect my job? Renewables like nuclear, hydro, wind and solar compete with coal, natural gas or even peat in some countries. When they start being used in the petrochemical industry, then we'll call it a competitor.