The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

They're all cults to me, like Cosplay nerds at a Comicon.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I thought the F was for fundamental.  I married a Mormon.  I know all about them.
it is for fundamental.  I read a book by a woman who escaped with her 8 kids. So much brainwashing involved in cults that people getting our typically need intense therapy. It's sad.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"They're all cults to me, like Cosplay nerds at a Comicon.

Hey! Don't hate! Lol

Frood

No hate here. I just stay away from Comicon and won't click the urls leading to that stuff.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

I'm sorry Dove but that's just funny hahaha.

I think there is a cultish element to all religions but I concur with the recovering Mormons needing a lot of therapy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Most Christians are free to question the teachings, live freely amongst the nonbelieving world, not be punished for mistakes, and their families and friends are welcome in their lives. Thier beliefs are not secret. They are not manipulated. It's voluntary.  Anything outside the mainstream collective is questioned and labeled. I came to my church willingly and I can leave anytime I wish.  Jesus invited people to not follow him. He didn't manipulate. There is a huge difference.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"No hate here. I just stay away from Comicon and won't click the urls leading to that stuff.

You'd love Nero.

RW

Finding Nero?  Hehe

Why not just have a relationship with God without the religion?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

That is essentially what Christianity is.  Religion says "do this, do that, do do do".  You know Jesus Christ said? "It's done".   What the Bible teaches is faith. It's by faith, not works.  The bible teaches spiritual rebirth and indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It is all relationship.

Frood

The bible is good for bum wipes, a fire starter, or rolling papers in a pinch. I love the Gideon's. Little book gifting fairies you never have to witness or hear.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Or for saving people and giving them hope where they had none.

Frood

Bibles as personal flotation devices? Now I've heard everything.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

If you were in the middle of the ocean with no floatation device, I'm willing to bet you'd be crying out to God like a pentecostal charismatic. Lol.

Frood

No. I can swim quite well and float even better. I'm also cool with death.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Everyone says they are okay with death until they staring down the barrel. Then spirituality becomes a high priority. I see it at work everynight. I see it at the mission. I see it in my close friend whose wife just died from a massive stroke last week.  I didn't say the middle of a lake. I said middle of the ocean....and if you think you'd be all cool and calm in that situation, you are lying to yourself. People just don't handled feeling helpless well.