The best topic

Replies: 10409
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:53 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

Most people cling to an ideology that they will fight for. That will be their lifetime cause. It gives their existence meaning, for if you don't fight for anything, what is your number for?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"I recoil at the thought of how much of this shit is born out of religion.
 If it wasn't religion, it'd be something else.  It's people. It's a heart problem.  Not all human brutality was born from religion.  This is a "holy war" though.  Islam won't rest until the whole world is under sharia law. That's what they mean by peace. Killing all infidels who don't convert, and bringing everyone under allah's sharia law.

But it is religion.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

It's an ideology. It's not simply a religion.

J0E

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Frank"Why is it a "Gay Agenda" when the "Religious Agenda" seeks to regulate non heterosexuals back to closeted nonexistence? Who are these religious sorts who can't keep their hands off it or themselves when an alternative sexuality wants equal recognition?

....but that's the whole point. Right Wingers/Moral Majority had their way in America for 30 years after the NeoCons backed them by forming an alliance. So they got discredited, thrown out of power and now what we have is an alliance of feminists, left wing activists and LGBTQ. Its the same idea, another wolf  dressed up in sheepskin clothing.

They both have an agenda, the middle ground loses, gets eroded ever more.

The extremists in either camp take over, become as militant as the other extremists before them.

J0E

Quote from: "RW"Good point.  It's just an agenda to shut up religious groups.  I can get behind that.

Muzzle, bully one group as they were bullied before.

Yeah right, jes marginalize one group so the other group can get what it wants.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Most people cling to an ideology that they will fight for. That will be their lifetime cause. It gives their existence meaning, for if you don't fight for anything, what is your number for?

White people are very ideological for the most part. Asians are more pragmatic.

RW

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "RW"Good point.  It's just an agenda to shut up religious groups.  I can get behind that.

Yeah that's how the pendulum swings.  The thing is with that this so called gay agenda has many supporters who aren't gay because we can see the religious hypocrisy and control.  I'd rather be a slave to humanity than a slave to the church.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Frank"

Yeah that's how the pendulum swings.  The thing is with that this so called gay agenda has many supporters who aren't gay because we can see the religious hypocrisy and control.  I'd rather be a slave to humanity than a slave to the church.

You and I are pretty much on the same page when it comes to religion. As far as I'm concerned, you might as well believe in the easter bunny or the tooth fairy. However, the two religious people we have on this forum are completely harmless although illogical. Xtianity is silly, but not pure evil like Islam. I can tolerate the former, but I won't surrender to the latter.

RW

I don't have a problem with people being religious - I used to be religious myself.  I left the church(es) because I could stand the hypocrisy.  People were so judgmental.  I couldn't stand it.

I'm not saying Christains are bad people - I know several really great ones in fact.  I know some great Muslims too for that matter. I just can't handle this attitude of exclusiveness into institutions like marriage, etc, because some book says it's wrong to be gay.  It doesn't work for me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I don't have a problem with people being religious - I used to be religious myself.  I left the church(es) because I could stand the hypocrisy.  People were so judgmental.  I couldn't stand it.

I'm not saying Christains are bad people - I know several really great ones in fact.  I know some great Muslims too for that matter. I just can't handle this attitude of exclusiveness into institutions like marriage, etc, because some book says it's wrong to be gay.  It doesn't work for me.

I do too, but they are secular muzzies. You cannot be a fundy muzzie and a good person.

RW

I wouldn't say the one I'm thinking of was secular.

Is it hard to believe a Muslim could be a decent person?  Honestly, I liken the guy to Fash only Muslim.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I wouldn't say the one I'm thinking of was secular.

Is it hard to believe a Muslim could be a decent person?  Honestly, I liken the guy to Fash only Muslim.

I know a Pakistani guy who loves whiskey, women and good black hash and in that order. He hates fundy muzzies.

cc

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/black-owned-bakery-sued-by-gay-confederate-reenactors-t16608.html#sthash.DwqejNKx.dpuf">Black-owned bakery sued by gay Confederate reenactors

Lawrence Williams, the African-American owner of Tasty Treats Bakery™ near Marietta, Georgia, has found himself in legal trouble for refusing to bake a cake for two gay customers. "It's not only against my religious convictions," said Williams, "but I can't bring myself to bake a Ku Klux Klan themed cake festooned with Confederate flags. I told them firmly, but respectfully, that I couldn't serve them, but that they should be able to find another bakery in the area that would."

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/35034">

However, that answer wasn't good enough for gay Confederate Civil War reenactors Chester McElroy and Delmont Elkins. "I can't tell you how hurt we was," lamented Chester. "All we wanted was a cake to celebrate General Forrest's birthday comin' up next week, and he done turned us down flat."

"It was gonna be a real beauty of a cake, too," added Delmont. "We was lookin' forward to celebratin' the birthday of the founder of the KKK with a white cone-shaped cake an' tiny Confederate flags all over it, but now that ain't happenin'. Chester here even got the wood at Home Deppo fer the cross burnin'." Chester nodded while restraining tears.

When asked why not find another bakery or even make their own cake, Delmont answered, "We has got to make a case fer tolerance here. If Mr. Williams is servin' the public, well, he needs to make us our cake, simple as that. Besides, I can't tell you how much we been suffrin' what with 'motional trauma an' anxiety an' all."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"I don't have a problem with people being religious - I used to be religious myself.  I left the church(es) because I could stand the hypocrisy.  People were so judgmental.  I couldn't stand it.

What gets me about religious people is when you disagree with them and ask to be left alone only to have them challenge you to a debate while demanding you outline your belief system or lack of so they can try to argue against it. I simply don't care what they believe.  

They need to keep it to themselves. If they don't, I unload on them.
Blahhhhhh...