The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "RW"Show me in the bible where Jesus himself discriminated against people.  Then show me how doing so is living the life of Christ.  I'll wait.

Your highest court should not bend to the will of the religious right past the defence of freedom of religion and in the case of gay marriage, it just that.  Discrimination based on sexual orientation was not warranted.  We saw it here in Canada as well.  Such a restriction of said freedom was not demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.  I see it no differently than it in the U.S. Your Supreme Court finally caught up with the times.

I know you are smarter than that. Don't be as dumb as dingus or Romero. You know damn well that Constitutional law has NOTHING to do with the "religious right". At least I hope you do.

BTW, asking for an example of Christs alleged discrimination against people based on religious doctrine or any other info we have on the man is a fools request. We don't even know how accurate the portrayal of Christ is in the Bible. It was written after his death by people with a religious and political agenda. For all intents and purposes it's a work of fiction that for various emotional and spiritual reasons some people chose to believe as truth. For all we really know the man could of had multiple wives, bad breath and had a habit of kicking his dog when he was pissed off. He could have been a total dick and his goodness could be nothing but a work of propaganda.  :laugh3:

The whole issue of Christs approval or disapproval is a circus performed for idiots.

I know in my country religion has less and less influence on law but I don't know that about your country, especially when reading references to God in Supreme Court decisions.  

But Christians believe in the good word.  It's just a shame how selective they are with their passages especially when it means treating others poorly.   The acronym is WWJD (what would Jesus do).  I don't believe Jesus would discriminate against gays.  I think he would treat them well by showing them the love and grace of God.

Don't forget Wulf, I'm not an atheist.  I'm familiar with the teachings of the church.  Let's operate on that level okay?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wulf"

The whole issue of Christs approval or disapproval is a circus performed for idiots.

By idiots.

RW

Stop calling me an idiot please.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Well, which one are you?

An atheist or an idiot.

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Well, which one are you?

An atheist or an idiot.

I'm agnostic.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

That's running with the rabbits and hunting with the hounds.

Some may argue that it's the refuge of those too frightened to admit there is no God, yet too smart to believe the nonsense his salesmen spout.

You are a person of fact. Where is there one SINGLE fact that supports the existence of an omnipotent, benevolent (hahahahaha) and even remotely caring deity? Just ONE.

The closest you can get is this person called "Jesus".

Where is the evidence that HE existed? As just one example...there was no such place called Gallilee.

Agnostics want a bet each way...and lose on both counts.

RW

No, Agnostics bet neither way but keep the possibilities open.

I believe the "invention" of deities are a human condition.  Many different cultures have a God or Gods - ones that weren't even connected.  Every form of earlier civilisation had a worship structure of some sort.  Why?

I won't lie.  I am often comforted by the thought of God in times of trouble.  Maybe he exists and maybe he doesn't - I don't know.  Do I think he's some dude in the sky reigning down with good will and terror alike?  No.  Did a guy named Jesus exist - I don't know but in the story called the Bible, he sounds like an all right guy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

And that is perfectly fine. We all enjoy certain fictitious characters. Indeed, some inspire us.

But most people understand that the character is fiction, and its the conduct, spirit and actions of the character we relate to.

Religion wants its devotees to belief in its characters as REAL, and thus suborn themselves to these fictional deities.

Jesus may have been an alright guy, although he screwed around with whores and his father wasn't his real father ("Honest, Joe...I have no idea who this happened...there's been nobody else but you!!!").

Religion as a guidebook is OK. As a lifestyle, it has a lot to answer for.

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"And that is perfectly fine. We all enjoy certain fictitious characters. Indeed, some inspire us.

But most people understand that the character is fiction, and its the conduct, spirit and actions of the character we relate to.

Religion wants its devotees to belief in its characters as REAL, and thus suborn themselves to these fictional deities.

Jesus may have been an alright guy, although he screwed around with whores and his father wasn't his real father ("Honest, Joe...I have no idea who this happened...there's been nobody else but you!!!").

Religion as a guidebook is OK. As a lifestyle, it has a lot to answer for.

You won't get much argument from me on any of those points.  

(Mary was a virgin when God mixed her egg into his Jesus baby batter btw)

The thing is, if you want to do the Christian thing, you kinda gotta follow the teachings of Christ.  Many "Christian" people don't do that which makes them disgusting hypocrites.  That's all I'm saying.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Rw, you can't even point out the discrimination because there IS NONE.  And you keep grabbing scriptures out of context. Christ did not, ever once, support sin. His words, everytime, we're "go and sin no more".  He outlined in Matthew the parameters for marriage. It's not just gay marriage either, it's also fornication and adultry.  Believe what you want, I believe the bible and I have a right to.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Rw, you can't even point out the discrimination because there IS NONE.  And you keep grabbing scriptures out of context. Christ did not, ever once, support sin. His words, everytime, we're "go and sin no more".  He outlined in Matthew the parameters for marriage. It's not just gay marriage either, it's also fornication and adultry.  Believe what you want, I believe the bible and I have a right to.

I'm not challenging your right to believe in the Bible.  But you've really only addressed one quote of my three provided.  Where does it say in the bible you should not offer services to gay people?  Where does it say it is your job to judge the sins of others?  Where does it say you will be punished for fornication and adultery (wtf?) if you do catering for a gay marriage?  Where does it say you should avoid gay people when doing business?  Where does it say to discriminate against others based on your religious beliefs?  

The Bible I've read says "let he without sin cast the first sin", "judge not lest ye be judged", and "God doesn't show favouritism".  Now you can dance around it however you like, but the truth is, discrimination isn't promoted in the Bible so why would you promote it in your life when you claim you follow the good word?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Didn't I already Matthew 7 to you?  Matthew 7....if you actually read past verse 1, isn't telling us NOT to judge. It's instructing us on HOW to judge.  You do realize that if Jesus taught zero judgement...what a mess that would be to apply? You wouldn't even be right to judge your own actions as sinful or not.  No where in my post did I say if you cater a gay wedding you'll be punished for fornication. I'm telling you, Christ spoke about sexual sin as any sex outside of God instituted marriage.  Discrimination was the fake hateful paramedic who denied medical attention to a homosexual. It's not a 70 year old Christian florist who served a gay man for years before politely denying her services for his homosexual wedding and giving him referrals to florists who would. And in due respect, you have no idea how I live my life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Show me in the bible where Jesus himself discriminated against people.  Then show me how doing so is living the life of Christ.  I'll wait.

Your highest court should not bend to the will of the religious right past the defence of freedom of religion and in the case of gay marriage, it just that.  Discrimination based on sexual orientation was not warranted.  We saw it here in Canada as well.  Such a restriction of said freedom was not demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.  I see it no differently than it in the U.S. Your Supreme Court finally caught up with the times.

2 Corinthians 6:14 tells us not be unequally yolked with unbelievers..

1 Thessalonians 5:22 we are instructed to abstain from all appearance of evil..

1 Timothy 3:2 says that church elders should be the husband of one wife..

Christians are instructed to be discriminatory because righteousness has no part of wickedness..

But that is for the body of Christ, no such thing is said for secular governments.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

2 Corinthians 6:14 tells us not be unequally yolked with unbelievers..

1 Thessalonians 5:22 we are instructed to abstain from all appearance of evil..

1 Timothy 3:2 says that church elders should be the husband of one wife..

Christians are instructed to be discriminatory because righteousness has no part of wickedness..

But that is for the body of Christ, no such thing is said for secular governments.

So you are instructed to discriminate against gay people?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Didn't I already Matthew 7 to you?  Matthew 7....if you actually read past verse 1, isn't telling us NOT to judge. It's instructing us on HOW to judge.  You do realize that if Jesus taught zero judgement...what a mess that would be to apply? You wouldn't even be right to judge your own actions as sinful or not.  No where in my post did I say if you cater a gay wedding you'll be punished for fornication. I'm telling you, Christ spoke about sexual sin as any sex outside of God instituted marriage.  Discrimination was the fake hateful paramedic who denied medical attention to a homosexual. It's not a 70 year old Christian florist who served a gay man for years before politely denying her services for his homosexual wedding and giving him referrals to florists who would.

I'm talking about you and your comment about not catering gay weddings and how your discrimination would drive you out of business.  I've made that clear several times now.
Beware of Gaslighters!