The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

One of my Mom's friends said this today in an email I had the misfortune to receive, "Hate the sin, not the sinner."

I find that a lame excuse. The sinner has a choice. What about accountability? That's such bullshit.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

We are ALL SINNERS.  We ALL SIN.

I agree with that statement which has been said to me as well.

As a person, you do not know the sins of others per se.  I bet there are loads of sinners all up in your congregations.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Of course I'm a sinner too. I'm not a saint, but to say hate the sin not the sinner implies to let the sinner get off the hook. I'm talking about accountability though. No sinner should say, "Oh, I'm off the hook. It's not me, it's the sin."
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I am related to sinners too. They go to church with kindness and then go home and be foul.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

It's not what the sinner says to himself.  It's what's said to people who want to treat others like shit because they sin.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Some people's sin may be harmful to many others and not just to themselves that it's necessary to call them out on it. Make them see the error of their ways. We all do it.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

I wouldn't count loving another human of the same sex as harmful to others or worthy of being called out on.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Show me in the bible where Jesus himself discriminated against people.  Then show me how doing so is living the life of Christ.  I'll wait.

Your highest court should not bend to the will of the religious right past the defence of freedom of religion and in the case of gay marriage, it just that.  Discrimination based on sexual orientation was not warranted.  We saw it here in Canada as well.  Such a restriction of said freedom was not demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.  I see it no differently than it in the U.S. Your Supreme Court finally caught up with the times.

2 Corinthians 6:14 tells us not be unequally yolked with unbelievers..

1 Thessalonians 5:22 we are instructed to abstain from all appearance of evil..

1 Timothy 3:2 says that church elders should be the husband of one wife..

Christians are instructed to be discriminatory because righteousness has no part of wickedness..

But that is for the body of Christ, no such thing is said for secular governments.

So you are instructed to discriminate against gay people?

If they abstain, absolutely not..

They can become full participating members of the congregation..

But, if they do not repent from a life of sinful indulgence they cannot..

Same applies to unrepentant heterosexuals too..

How do you know if they have repented or not?

Ah, trust..

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

cc

This is all too serious - A moment of lightness is needed

A woman was arrested Sunday night after refusing to pay her dinner tab at a Myrtle Beach seafood restaurant because, as she explained to police, http://counton2.com/2015/07/14/myrtle-beach-restaurant-patron-jailed-after-planning-for-jesus-to-pay-tab/">"Jesus" was going to cover the cost of her meal".
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Fash, did Jesus preach discrimination?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"A woman was arrested Sunday night after refusing to pay her dinner tab at a Myrtle Beach seafood restaurant because, as she explained to police, http://counton2.com/2015/07/14/myrtle-beach-restaurant-patron-jailed-after-planning-for-jesus-to-pay-tab/">"Jesus" was going to cover the cost of her meal".

Oh Lord.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Fash, did Jesus preach discrimination?

Do you mean that governments should discriminate against gays, women or ethnic minorities?

Absolutely not..

If you mean did Jesus say that unrepentant sin would not see the kingdom of God, oh yes he did.

cc

Quote from: "cc la femme"A woman was arrested Sunday night after refusing to pay her dinner tab at a Myrtle Beach seafood restaurant because, as she explained to police, http://counton2.com/2015/07/14/myrtle-beach-restaurant-patron-jailed-after-planning-for-jesus-to-pay-tab/">"Jesus" was going to cover the cost of her meal".

Oh Lord.
In my deepest voice ... Yes??
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

See I feel you are intentionally not listening and trying to corner.  You are going to see this solely through your own eyes, not ours, not scripture. The bible teaches nonconformity to the world.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
 See I feel you are intentionally not listening and trying to corner.  You are going to see this solely through your own eyes, not ours, not scripture. The bible teaches nonconformity to the world.

I'm sorry but I'm not addressing you.
Beware of Gaslighters!