The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Racism

Started by RW, July 07, 2015, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

What if some blacks are violent and people are leary of all blacks because they don't know which ones are violent and which ones aren't.  Is that real racism?

Note: I am not saying black people are violent.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Go ahead.

There is ample evidence they are.

RW

Some are but that can be said about any and all races.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"I didn't ask if you felt you had the right to your opinion.  In fact, I asked for more of your opinion by asking what you hope to accomplish when you call something/someone racist.

I'm not necessarily trying to accomplish anything. I'm just speaking my mind.

If I call Odinson racist, I'm just calling him racist like he would call me a leftie. Also, he's racist.

I would like him to understand the error of his ways, but I don't actually believe I'll accomplish that. I'm just speaking my mind.

I don't see why I should have to censor my opinion just because some people don't like it. They get to say what they want so I do too.

RW

Should you consider the social impact of what you say?  Do you feel something as important as racism deserves such consideration?
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "RW"I didn't ask if you felt you had the right to your opinion.  In fact, I asked for more of your opinion by asking what you hope to accomplish when you call something/someone racist.

If I call Odinson racist, I'm just calling him racist like he would call me a leftie. Also, he's racist.

I would like him to understand the error of his ways, but I don't actually believe I'll accomplish that. I'm just speaking my mind.

I don't see why I should have to censor my opinion just because some people don't like it. They get to say what they want so I do too.

When I refer to someone as "racist," I just think that in my head. I don't actually call them out and say, "Hey, you are being racist!" I don't care who they make fun of because I do it too. It's not personal. It's just the way it is. We all do it. Maybe some do it more than others or have a knack for doing it constantly.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Should you consider the social impact of what you say?  Do you feel something as important as racism deserves such consideration?

I consider and care about everything I say. I'm not just throwing things out there for fun.

Romero

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"When I refer to someone as "racist," I just think that in my head. I don't actually call them out and say, "Hey, you are being racist!" I don't care who they make fun of because I do it too. It's not personal. It's just the way it is. We all do it. Maybe some do it more than others or have a knack for doing it constantly.

For sure! A lot of times it's not really personal.

There's nothing wrong with having some lighthearted fun. There's a difference between having some fun and actually being racist.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"Should you consider the social impact of what you say?  Do you feel something as important as racism deserves such consideration?

I consider and care about everything I say. I'm not just throwing things out there for fun.

Maybe you should once in a while.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

So what do you think the impact is of calling things racist that aren't?  (try not taking the question personally.)
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

When I refer to someone as "racist," I just think that in my head. I don't actually call them out and say, "Hey, you are being racist!" I don't care who they make fun of because I do it too. It's not personal. It's just the way it is. We all do it. Maybe some do it more than others or have a knack for doing it constantly.

What was the last racist thing someone said to you?
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"
What was the last racist thing someone said to you?

I don't know if it's my circle or the company I keep or where I live or where I work, I cannot tell you a racist thing said to me ever except for once when I was younger. Story another time. I cannot count the ones said to me on the forums because I consider those sources null and void. They don't know me so those don't count.
@realAzhyaAryola

Romero

Quote from: "RW"So what do you think the impact is of calling things racist that aren't?  (try not taking the question personally.)

Well, if it's something that's not true then it can't have a beneficial impact. A falsehood is a falsehood. Like how SPECTRE believes black people are violent.

The amount of impact depends. It may become completely forgotten or full-blown depending on the situation.

Romero

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I don't know if it's my circle or the company I keep or where I live or where I work, I cannot tell you a racist thing said to me ever except for once when I was younger. Story another time. I cannot count the ones said to me on the forums because I consider those sources null and void. They don't know me so those don't count.

Just goes to show that people are less likely to be racist when they get to know you or can't hide.

Who wouldn't love an intelligent, beautiful Filipina-American?

Go back to your country! Have a nice visit but come back right away because you're awesome.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Romero"Just goes to show that people are less likely to be racist when they get to know you or can't hide.

Who wouldn't love an intelligent, beautiful Filipina-American?

Go back to your country! Have a nice visit but come back right away because you're awesome.

ac_biggrin  :nhl_checking:
@realAzhyaAryola