The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Racism

Started by RW, July 07, 2015, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Dunno why. From observation, all I know is that the Asians I so love are bad drivers.

Hey, I resemble that comment. :001_tongue:

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "RW"Because I am finding it hard to focus on real racism with all the stupid people calling everything racist.

Go look up stuff like "racist things white people say that they don't know is racist".  It's that crap that I can't stand.  I can't stand it because it hurts racial relations and it demeans actual racism and those who experience it.  

You also can't qualify your statement on racists vs PC bullshitters.  I challenge you to do so if you wish to hang on to that comment.

It's not stupid people's fault you can't focus on real racism. Why are you blaming stupid people but not the real racists? I don't have a problem focusing on real racism.

Go look up stuff like whites actually saying racist things. It happens much more often. In this very thread, Asians are "bad drivers" and blacks are "violent". Do you agree with those statements?

Asians are bad driver and blacks are violent.  Now I know you're going to freak but there is no qualifier in either of those sentences although you will read "all" and these are stereotypes.  

Why am I not addressing racists and racism? Because this is a discussion about the detriments of PCism.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Immigrants are often bad drivers. I have a number of Australian born and raised friends with Asian ancestry who openly tell off other Asian bad drivers who they believe are immigrants. They're usually right about the immigrant status too.
Blahhhhhh...

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Asians are bad driver and blacks are violent.  Now I know you're going to freak but there is no qualifier in either of those sentences although you will read "all" and these are stereotypes.

I'm not going to freak. You're the one who's seriously fed up, remember? I'm not the one who started whining about others. I'm okay with knowing what kind of person you are.

Quote from: "RW"Why am I not addressing racists and racism? Because this is a discussion about the detriments of PCism.

Aw. I'm so sorry for your hardship. I hope you'll find a way to get through these challenging times.

RW

Oh and by the way...

Whites are violent.  Asians are violent.  Natives are violent.  Whites are bad drivers.  Blacks are bad drivers.  

Tell me Romero, what kind of person am I?  Racist?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "RW"Asians are bad driver and blacks are violent.  Now I know you're going to freak but there is no qualifier in either of those sentences although you will read "all" and these are stereotypes.

I'm not going to freak. You're the one who's seriously fed up, remember? I'm not the one who started whining about others. I'm okay with knowing what kind of person you are.

Quote from: "RW"Why am I not addressing racists and racism? Because this is a discussion about the detriments of PCism.

Aw. I'm so sorry for your hardship. I hope you'll find a way to get through these challenging times.

I'm not whining about others.  I'm expressing concern for the degradation of a serious issue - racism.  Being that you are one of the worst offenders in these parts, I can see why you'd be so defensive.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Racism like sexism seems to me to be in the eye of the beholder. If not enough of one group or gender is seen to be successful or included in roles, activities, or discussions, then it is often called racism or sexism and the solutions proposed by those offended which are also often racist or sexist by definition, aren't oddly racist or sexist. Why isn't it?

It's why I despise militant feminists so much. They give women a bad name.

It should be about equal opportunity not equal coverage.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

I think feminism is whee the pendulum will right itself first.  Something has to give.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"I think feminism is whee the pendulum will right itself first.  Something has to give.

I don't know. I hope something changes but how long can a breath be held? I'm just amazed that so many women are fine with using their gender as a weapon when scenarios don't go their way. The same thing happens with race. I work with huge groups of diverse people from assignment to assignment and I'm always disappointed when I see people using or relying on the race and gender cards to push up ahead of other people who are better qualified or suited for a position. Virtually nobody who values their job ever objects. It's career suicide. Even if the situation is later ruled discriminatory, not many organizations are willing to employ with that reputation attached.

I would like to repeat my basic feeling on this. Discrimination based on anything besides experience and qualifications is wrong just like racism or sexism are wrong.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Racism like sexism seems to me to be in the eye of the beholder. If not enough of one group or gender is seen to be successful or included in roles, activities, or discussions, then it is often called racism or sexism and the solutions proposed by those offended which are also often racist or sexist by definition, aren't oddly racist or sexist. Why isn't it?

This is true Dinky Diana..

In my experience, it is best to be mindful of what we say, so as not offend those that are easily offended.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Racism like sexism seems to me to be in the eye of the beholder. If not enough of one group or gender is seen to be successful or included in roles, activities, or discussions, then it is often called racism or sexism and the solutions proposed by those offended which are also often racist or sexist by definition, aren't oddly racist or sexist. Why isn't it?

In my experience, it is best to be mindful of what we say, so as not offend those that are easily offended.

That only goes so far.

Pointing out reverse racism equally offends many of those who purport standard racism aversion. That's the untouched topic or subject matter. I have boys and I fear for their lifestyles and plans because they're white in color. If they're not good enough, okay. If they're not multicultural enough, fuck their detractors in the ass with a poison tipped lance.

Sorry for being blunt, but I'm not going to apologize for reproduction or the characteristics of those I've given birth to.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

That only goes so far.

Pointing out reverse racism equally offends many of those who purport standard racism aversion. That's the untouched topic or subject matter. I have boys and I fear for their lifestyles and plans because they're white in color. If they're not good enough, okay. If they're not multicultural enough, fuck their detractors in the ass with a poison tipped lance.

Sorry for being blunt, but I'm not going to apologize for reproduction or the characteristics of those I've given birth to.

All I can say is what I know from personal experience..

I try to be mindful of the sensitivities of others and I have been able to avoid offense.

cc

I have never brought a quote from the unmentionable site before, but this Odism shocked me and was too appropriate for this thread
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "cc la tarte"To get this Archie comic book pair off Odi, maybe I should start a new "Mel Advice" comedy thread.

Romero is like a pigeon shitting on the chess board and calling it winning.

(+ reference to a serial Archie cheerleader)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Romero

Quote from: "RW"I'm not whining about others.  I'm expressing concern for the degradation of a serious issue - racism.  Being that you are one of the worst offenders in these parts, I can see why you'd be so defensive.

So does this mean you're going to allow us to criticize American policies again without telling us to stop it and calling us "America haters"?

RW

Quote from: "RW"I'm not whining about others.  I'm expressing concern for the degradation of a serious issue - racism.  Being that you are one of the worst offenders in these parts, I can see why you'd be so defensive.

So does this mean you're going to allow us to criticize American policies again without telling us to stop it and calling us "America haters"?

You don't understand being cheeky do you?   :oeudC:

Can you please stick to the topic or does it upset you this much for being called out for being a detrimental PCist that you have to act like a boob?
Beware of Gaslighters!