Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Denmark banned halal & kosher slaughter

Started by asal, July 26, 2015, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

True, islam is the pick of the crazy bunch...but we try to accommodate it because we think "religion" is an important part of human existence.

If we rejected it as a whole lot of mumbo jumbo...including homophobia, euthanasia and a whole host of political issues dominated by religious dogma, then we can advance as a civilisation.

I cannot but help that this is exactly what we're living through. The end of religion...but its going to take awhile and its going to get ugly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"True, islam is the pick of the crazy bunch...but we try to accommodate it because we think "religion" is an important part of human existence.

If we rejected it as a whole lot of mumbo jumbo...including homophobia, euthanasia and a whole host of political issues dominated by religious dogma, then we can advance as a civilisation.

I cannot but help that this is exactly what we're living through. The end of religion...but its going to take awhile and its going to get ugly.

I could really care less if that pesky Buddhism ends or not. Same goes for all the others except for one.

Bricktop

All religion is lies with the sole purpose of social control.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"All religion is lies with the sole purpose of social control.

I don't seek control of anyone SPECTRE.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"But your Church does.

No, they don't..

It's a five point Calvinist statement of faith..

Political and social control are not mentioned.

Bricktop

Does your Church permit sodomy?

How about denying the existence of the holy spirit?

Does it demand you accept the stories contained within the Bible?

ALL churches demand you submit to the doctrine...or why would you belong?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Does your Church permit sodomy?

How about denying the existence of the holy spirit?

Does it demand you accept the stories contained within the Bible?

ALL churches demand you submit to the doctrine...or why would you belong?

1. There is nothing about that within marriage.

2. That is central to the faith once you are saved..

No holy spirit means no salvation.

3. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

4. We voluntarily fellowship as the body of Christ..

But we do not seek to impose the morality of our faith on a secular society.

RW

I still think starving them out is an interesting strategy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I still think starving them out is an interesting strategy.

I don't know Danish law, but in Canada wouldn't that be in violation of their charter freedoms?

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I don't know Danish law, but in Canada wouldn't that be in violation of their charter freedoms?

Yes in a sense it would but our first Charter right is to have our rights limited in a free and democratic society.  Is not abusing animals a justifiable limit to freedom of religion?  That is the question.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes in a sense it would but our first Charter right is to have our rights limited in a free and democratic society.  Is not abusing animals a justifiable limit to freedom of religion?  That is the question.

I don't know RW.

ac_dunno

RW

I guess if it ever comes to it, we'll find out.

Personally, I think it would be a weak case if it was challenged under the Charter.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Other animals kill their prey while they're still conscious. What's the difference between a halal or kosher killing and a pack of wolves or pride of lions chewing, gnawing, pawing, and tearing their prey bit by bit until it ceases breathing? Aside from the halal or kosher killing being quicker and less painful to the animal.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

That charter was a suicide pact and the end of democracy. Democracy where it does exist means electing people to act for them.

Oh well. We don't need to bother ourselves voting or worrying about elections any more
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell