Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Denmark banned halal & kosher slaughter

Started by asal, July 26, 2015, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asal

This statement makes it a good move imo:  "Denmark's government has brought in a ban on the religious slaughter of animals for the production of halal and kosher meat, after years of campaigning from welfare activists."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/denmark-bans-halal-and-kosher-slaughter-as-minister-says-animal-rights-come-before-religion-9135580.html">//http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/denmark-bans-halal-and-kosher-slaughter-as-minister-says-animal-rights-come-before-religion-9135580.html

Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says 'animal rights come before religion'

Denmark's government has brought in a ban on the religious slaughter of animals for the production of halal and kosher meat, after years of campaigning from welfare activists.

The change to the law, announced last week and effective as of yesterday, has been called "anti-Semitism" by Jewish leaders and "a clear interference in religious freedom" by the non-profit group Danish Halal.

European regulations require animals to be stunned before they are slaughtered, but grants exemptions on religious grounds. For meat to be considered kosher under Jewish law or halal under Islamic law, the animal must be conscious when killed.

Yet defending his government's decision to remove this exemption, the minister for agriculture and food Dan Jørgensen told Denmark's TV2 that "animal rights come before religion".

Commenting on the change, Israel's deputy minister of religious services Rabbi Eli Ben Dahan told the Jewish Daily Forward: "European anti-Semitism is showing its true colours across Europe, and is even intensifying in the government institutions."

Al Jazeera quoted the monitoring group Danish Halal, which launched a petition against the ban, as saying it was "a clear interference in religious freedom limiting the rights of Muslims and Jews to practice their religion in Denmark".

RW

Hrm.  Interesting approach.  If they can eat I guess they'll have to go elsewhere?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Good for the Danes!!!

Reason at last.

Fuck their religious stupidity.

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"This statement makes it a good move imo:  "Denmark's government has brought in a ban on the religious slaughter of animals for the production of halal and kosher meat, after years of campaigning from welfare activists."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/denmark-bans-halal-and-kosher-slaughter-as-minister-says-animal-rights-come-before-religion-9135580.html">//http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/denmark-bans-halal-and-kosher-slaughter-as-minister-says-animal-rights-come-before-religion-9135580.html

Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says 'animal rights come before religion'

Denmark's government has brought in a ban on the religious slaughter of animals for the production of halal and kosher meat, after years of campaigning from welfare activists.

The change to the law, announced last week and effective as of yesterday, has been called "anti-Semitism" by Jewish leaders and "a clear interference in religious freedom" by the non-profit group Danish Halal.

European regulations require animals to be stunned before they are slaughtered, but grants exemptions on religious grounds. For meat to be considered kosher under Jewish law or halal under Islamic law, the animal must be conscious when killed.

Yet defending his government's decision to remove this exemption, the minister for agriculture and food Dan Jørgensen told Denmark's TV2 that "animal rights come before religion".

Commenting on the change, Israel's deputy minister of religious services Rabbi Eli Ben Dahan told the Jewish Daily Forward: "European anti-Semitism is showing its true colours across Europe, and is even intensifying in the government institutions."

Al Jazeera quoted the monitoring group Danish Halal, which launched a petition against the ban, as saying it was "a clear interference in religious freedom limiting the rights of Muslims and Jews to practice their religion in Denmark".

You will see the halal label in every grocery store in any Canadian city.

RW

This is rather brilliant.

CC!  Starving them out!  Tell me that isn't an awesome solution!!!
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

The thing is that anything that isn't meat is halal - fish is fine, vegetarian foods and dairy are fine.

cc

Quote from: "RW"This is rather brilliant.

hmmm ..... I never thought of that before
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "RW"This is rather brilliant.

hmmm ..... I never thought of that before

If the muzzies in Denmark want halal, they will find a way of getting it. Whenever there is a demand, supply follows.

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"Hrm.  Interesting approach.  If they can eat I guess they'll have to go elsewhere?

Most Muslims will eat anything; they also drink like fish although it is forbidden as well. Don't let that pious bullshit fool you.

This move will give the savages among them another excuse to riot and nothing more.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "RW"Hrm.  Interesting approach.  If they can eat I guess they'll have to go elsewhere?

Most Muslims will eat anything; they also drink like fish although it is forbidden as well. Don't let that pious bullshit fool you.

This move will give the savages among them another excuse to riot and nothing more.

I can see this backfiring on Danes too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf"

They like their black hash too.

Bricktop

At least its a gesture to them that we're sick of their religious bullshit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"At least its a gesture to them that we're sick of their religious bullshit.

Too little, too late.

Bricktop

Never.

Its time to push back against their crap...and the other religions as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Never.

Its time to push back against their crap...and the other religions as well.

All religions are superstition. However, only one vile ideology commands I die. Big hint, it isn't Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism or xtianity.