Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

American Dentist Murders then Decapitates a Popular Rare & defenseless Lion

Started by J0E, July 29, 2015, 01:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"

One beloved lion? Americans alone kill hundreds of lions every year. Legally!

And that makes it right?

Seriously?

Romero

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

And that makes it right?

Seriously?

It's good context. Why are we outraged about just one lion but couldn't care less about the hundreds of others?

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Romero"There are good arguments for and against the outrage.

But there's nothing wrong with being fed up and saying enough is enough once in a while. The lion was baited away from a national park(also legal!). He injured the lion with a bow and arrow, tracked it for two days and shot it. The lion was skinned and beheaded, and the guides removed its research radio collar without telling anyone.

We've done much worse to animals, but that's kind of sick.

The good doctor couldn't just take a picture and appreciate the majesty? Here's a trophy for 'dick of the year'.

... good post, Romero.  i tend to agree with your sentiments.  as long as no laws were violated then there's really no issue here.  but then it's not about law with the lefty news media is it?  it's about reactions based on how they feel emotionally ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

Romero

It is possible that he still may have done something illegal, or knew that something was illegal.

I do understand why people are outraged, even though we never really care about the hundreds of other lions killed. Since this one has come to our attention, we've learned about the dirty details. This "hunt" wasn't a hunt at all.

Maybe we'll do something about the plight of lions, or maybe we'll just forget and move on to the next sensation.

I just read that the dentist actually had a professional hunter finish the kill for him. He is a dick! That's not hunting! He should have just taken a picture!

@realAzhyaAryola

Hunting has been around for centuries, and will be with us always.

For FOOD and sustenance!! Not for entertainment, as in the case of slaughtering this beautiful lion. Or ducks, or rabbits, for that matter.

What sort of mentality ENJOYS killing animals.

It is not a "sport" by any measure. It is a carnal, barbaric act that humanity should have evolved from centuries ago.

At least this jerk will pay a huge price, and draw more attention to this evil activity.

It is a sport. Anyone can tell me otherwise until they are blue in the face but I will maintain that it is a sport. There are hunting competitions worldwide. Hunting is a way of life in many parts of the world. If you don't like it, that's just too bad. Others do it whether you like it or not and it does not make you right on this matter.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Of course I mean lawful hunting because I don't support anything done illegally.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

I do understand why people are outraged, even though we never really care about the hundreds of other lions killed.

Bullshit.

http://www.worldanimalprotection.org.au">http://www.worldanimalprotection.org.au

Wulf

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I marvel at the mentality of such a miserable human being that he takes delight, indeed, is prepared to pay a large sum of money, to slaughter one of the world's most magnificent animals.

No surprise as to his nationality.

I hope the torment continues and drives him out of business.

Don't start that nationality shit, old man. You Aussies slaughter more of you native animals than any other people on the planet. And for what? Dog food, gloves, fun?

We all know you stance on hunting of any kind. People like you think you are somehow morally superior because you get your half rancid chicken parts wrapped in plastic by some unwashed minimum wage store clerk in a filthy apron. Never mind the fact that the commercially raised animal that you shovel down your gullet lived an existence of pain and fear before it was slaughtered for the pleasure of your dinner table.

If you want to be outraged by the act that's fine, do it. The act deserves your outrage. But don't go casting aspersions on an entire country just because you are a twitchy old twat.

Bricktop

Yeah, yeah...we all know America's view on hunting. They even give guns to their kids so they can gun down niggers in churches.

I do not think I am morally superior.

In this respect, I AM morally superior. Are you assuming, as you so often do, that I do not deplore hunting in my own country? Let me clarify...regardless of the location anywhere on the planet, hunting animals for entertainment is abhorrent, barbaric and inhuman. Yes, yes, I know that I've captured the personality of your nation pretty well...but I take your point that others act like gun freaks and grow balls when aiming down the sights at defenceless animals...or in your nation's case...humans.

You asinine comparison between hunting for entertainment, and farming for food is as goofy as your country's gun laws, which practically give guns to every nut job (and there are a LOT of nut jobs) on request.

The killer of that lion is an American. Americans love guns. Americans love to kill pretty much any form of life.

Deal with it.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

kiebers

Quote from: "cc la femme"Lame excuse event for anti American rant #G.245

:6:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Personally I don't purchase or consume any commercial food....let alone tortured animals. So I'm in the good being repulsed by this senseless slaughter. I'm also repulsed by the selling of baby parts going on as well.

J0E

Actually Romero, lots of people care about the hundreds of lions slaughtered per year.

The authorities should just put an end to lion hunting by any means altogether.

And for that matter, all other exotic animals on the endangered species list, such as tigers, elephants.

The lion population in Africa was about 200,000 a century ago. Now its estimated to be less than a sixth ofthat, just 30,000. So in reality, we have to save as many healthy and able bodied lions as we possibly can or one day there won't be any left. Apparently, the lion is in danger of becoming extinct in West africa.

So for each Cecil the planet loses, it represents a significant % of the remaining lion population in the world.

Likewise, the Silverback Gorilla has been reduced to such small numbers, that a machine gun could literally mow the whole population down with a few rounds.

Whatever people think about the ethics of hunting, they oughta look at the numbers and wake up.

At the rate all these exotic animals are disappearing in the Wild, their days could be numbered.

And that makes it right?

Seriously?

It's good context. Why are we outraged about just one lion but couldn't care less about the hundreds of others?

J0E

...but what you fail to realize is that lions aren't just any animal such as a bear or a moose, which can be hunted down in large numbers without endangering their existence. Killing a lion, or for that matter, an elephant, a rhino, a gorilla or a panda significantly impacts their numbers. There's not an abudant supply of these animals like traditional North American game. Thats why hunting of endangered species worldwide has to end altogether.

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I don't really care about a lion. Yes, they're beautiful and it's too bad. I love those stories about the bear, tiger, and lion friends. Big cats are pretty to look at.

I think this hunter's methods are dubious. In one news segment on TV, the reporter said this dentist/hunter shot a black bear, killed it, and then dragged its body to another location to make it look legit. Now that I just can't respect, if that's true. Hunt if you're going to hunt, but hunt legally. I don't care what these animal lovers have to say. I'm not going to poo poo hunting. If I was invited to hunt ducks, for example, I would go.

cc

Quote from: "Dove"Personally I don't purchase or consume any commercial food....let alone tortured animals. So I'm in the good being repulsed by this senseless slaughter. I'm also repulsed by the selling of baby parts going on as well.

Welcome to a large element of 2015. A lion 10,000 miles away matters. Local baby parts don't
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell