Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

QuoteIf you've been keeping score at home, you'll have noticed that not one but two states, including a red state with a paleoconservative governor, have in the past several days exonerated Planned Parenthood of any wrongdoing in the so-called secret-video sting that has conservatives calling on Congress to defund the non-profit organization. The appropriate response to this news is, "Of course! Because Planned Parenthood is absolutely not selling fetus parts via some sort of grisly underground marketplace." For many, especially on the right, no amount of fact-checking will ever be enough. But for the sake of the public record, let's review those exonerating reports again here.

Last week, Massachusetts' Attorney General Maura Healey became the latest in what's sure to be a long list of state attorneys general to conclude the same thing. Specifically, Healy concluded,

"Over the past week, my office has conducted a thorough review and found that Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts' health care centers are fully compliant with state and federal laws regarding the disposition of fetal tissue. Although donation of fetal tissue is permissible under state and federal law, PPLM does not have a tissue donation program. There is no evidence that PPLM is involved in any way in the buying or selling of tissue. As such, our review is complete."

Sure, Massachusetts is a leftward-leaning state, but Indiana is very much not. Back on July 16, Gov. Mike Pence, R-Ind., launched an investigation of Planned Parenthood following the release of what was obviously a doctored and misleading video. The probe focused on facilities in Indianapolis, Bloomington and Merrillville, and this past week the Indiana Department of Health reported it was "unable to find any non-compliance with state regulations. Therefore, no deficiencies were cited."

But it's good to know that small government conservatives — conservatives who routinely frown upon wasteful government spending — have successfully prompted frivolous investigations in 12 states, including deeply red ones, all based on obviously fraudulent videos. All in all, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana are in the process of or have concluded completely unnecessary investigations.

http://www.salon.com/2015/08/03/wing_nut_conspiracy_theorists_have_done_it_again_the_truth_about_the_planned_parenthood_hoax_revealed/">//http://www.salon.com/2015/08/03/wing_nut_conspiracy_theorists_have_done_it_again_the_truth_about_the_planned_parenthood_hoax_revealed/

cc

All of which proves nothing beyond the fact that saloon works 24/7 creating talking points for prog robots to copy paste

in their efforts to lipstick the pig

2 new unedited vids out today - gory ones .. many more to come   .... a great make work project for prog  talking point creators

BTW - That "Oh, the vids are edited" bullshit ploy was pure unadulterated crap. They released shortened  one  for progs with low attention spans  PLUS full unedited vids.

That lame sleazy excuse is akin to saying hollywood cheats for putting out a trailer to give people and idea of what the full show is about

OK. I'm done. Carry on carrying on.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards has said her organization conducts tissue donations in "less than five" states. But no one — not from Planned Parenthood, its state affiliates or companies that procure the stem cells — will disclose the states where this happens.It would seem that neither Indiana nor Massachusetts are one of the states where they have "donations".

I cannot believe this statement from the salon source. But it's good to know that small government conservatives — conservatives who routinely frown upon wasteful government spending — have successfully prompted frivolous investigations in 12 states, including deeply red ones, all based on obviously fraudulent videos. All in all, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana are in the process of or have concluded completely unnecessary investigations.

Are they suggesting suspected crimes not be investigated?

Romero

No, they're suggesting that investigating obvious hoaxes is a waste of time and money. No crimes have been committed. There are much better things to do than trying to take away women's health care and rights.

Anonymous

It's amazing how I've managed to get health care without ever setting foot in planned parenthood.  The only service I ever had there actually wound up making me need a real health care provider to clean up the mess pp made of my uterus. I still have rights, too. I can work, vote, get birth control and other services....all without planned parenthood. Go figure.

Romero

I've never needed Planned Parenthood either. Doesn't mean millions of women don't depend on it. They get birth control, STD and cancer screening... do you think they're all receiving these services for no reason?

400,000 pap tests and 500,000 breast exams every year. I guess that's just something fun to do for all those women, eh? Getting a pap test is like going to a matinee.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"No, they're suggesting that investigating obvious hoaxes is a waste of time and money. No crimes have been committed. There are much better things to do than trying to take away women's health care and rights.

Planned Parenthood does not guarantee women's rights, the constitution does. Women's health will not be jeopardized when an obsolete organization like PP loses it's funding as it should.

You are in no position to determine if a crime has not been committed. This is why police investigate, to make that determination. Salon is obviously a court of public opinion not a law enforcement agency.

Did you know there is a fine line on laws regarding fetal tissue? It is illegal to sell fetal tissue, donations are legal. American law allows for "reasonable" fees to cover the group's costs of donating the tissue. PP does not have to disclose the fetal tissue donation locations. There are no regulations for what brokers charge researchers, either.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"It's amazing how I've managed to get health care without ever setting foot in planned parenthood.  The only service I ever had there actually wound up making me need a real health care provider to clean up the mess pp made of my uterus. I still have rights, too. I can work, vote, get birth control and other services....all without planned parenthood. Go figure.

How did PP make a mess of your uterus if you never stepped foot in one?  Careful with your words hon.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "seoulbro"Women's health will not be jeopardized when an obsolete organization like PP loses it's funding as it should.

Why do you think millions of women go to Planned Parenthood? You think they're getting birth control, pap tests and breast exams for the fun of it?

RW

I don't understand.  Why can't doctors do it?  That's where I go and have always gone for my health services.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

It's not much of an option for millions of women. Distance, hours open, weekends... more services provided right in their own neighourhood.

I don't know why you guys think these millions of women are going to Planned Parenthood for no reason.

RW

Quote from: "Romero"It's not much of an option for millions of women. Distance, hours open, weekends... more services provided right in their own neighourhood.

I don't know why you guys think these millions of women are going to Planned Parenthood for no reason.

Then learn to read and it will become clear to you as I didn't say it wasn't without purpose.  I merely asked why it is as necessary as you keep drumming it up as being when these services are already provided by medical professionals.  I know this because my GP/gynocologist are the ones who have handled my reproductive health.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

You're asking as if it is without purpose. "Why can't doctors do it?"

Millions of women in the US are still uninsured. Many are working mothers who don't have time during doctor's office hours. Many doctors charge fees that many women can't afford.

There are Planned Parenthood affiliates here in Canada. Why don't their clients just see a doctor instead? Because PP is often the better option.

RW

Better according to whom?  Where are you getting that PP is better than a GP here in Cabada?  Do you have something to base it on or are you pulling this out of your ass?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Better according to the millions who go to Planned Parenthood, apparently. Ask them.

I never said PP is better than a GP here in Canada. "PP is often the better option".

Why is it so hard to figure out? Either they need to go to PP, or - oh wait, that's it. They're not going for no reason. "I feel like getting a breast exam today!"

Many working women can't go to the doctor on work days. Most PP offices are open evenings and Saturdays.

Some women need emergency contraception. Can't wait for a doctor's appointment for that kind of thing.