Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

So you pulled it out of your ass.

That's what I thought.

PS - ERs provide the morning after pill if necessary.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

I never said PP is better than a GP here in Canada.

Yes, ER's can be another option.

Why do you prefer women doctors? Male doctors are just as capable.

RW

Just so you are aware, a male doctor delivered both my children.  I just had a visit with a male gynocologist and I found him to be lovely.  I find it easier to talk to a woman and that is my own personal preference.  Some women feel differently.

Ro, I understand your point and the hours of operation, etc, make sense but when it comes to women's reasons for using PPs over their GPs, you are talking out your ass.  If you weren't, you would have pasted a link by now.  I think that's what gets women's backs up around here - you speaking on behalf of our gender when you really don't have a clue.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "RW"Just so you are aware, a male doctor delivered both my children.  I just had a visit with a male gynocologist and I found him to be lovely.

I find it easier to talk to a woman and that is my own personal preference.  Some women feel differently.

Ro, I understand your point and the hours of operation, etc, make sense but when it comes to women's reasons for using PPs over their GPs, you are talking out your ass.  If you weren't, you would have pasted a link by now.  I think that's what gets women's backs up around here - you speaking on behalf of our gender when you really don't have a clue.

Relaaax, eh 'Real? Ro's jessa ur friendly neighborhood male feminist:

https://mundabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/male-feminist.jpg">

Everyones entitled to an opinion even if its not an informed one....

...oh well!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"It's amazing how I've managed to get health care without ever setting foot in planned parenthood.  The only service I ever had there actually wound up making me need a real health care provider to clean up the mess pp made of my uterus. I still have rights, too. I can work, vote, get birth control and other services....all without planned parenthood. Go figure.

How did PP make a mess of your uterus if you never stepped foot in one?  Careful with your words hon.
 Careful with how you read my words?  I think it's pretty clear what I said. I didn't say I never set foot in one. I said it's amazing I received women's health care without ever setting foot in one. Meaning.....I was and am completely able to get health care without planned parenthood. Or income.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I've never needed Planned Parenthood either. Doesn't mean millions of women don't depend on it. They get birth control, STD and cancer screening... do you think they're all receiving these services for no reason?

400,000 pap tests and 500,000 breast exams every year. I guess that's just something fun to do for all those women, eh? Getting a pap test is like going to a matinee.
 First off, not every pp does breast exams. And you STILL have to pay for their services.  I wouldn't take my daughters to planned parenthood. I'd take them to a real OB/gyn where you get those services. Planned Parenthood doesn't hold the key to health care, even if you are a medicaide recipient. You really don't know what you are talking about. Planned Parenthood shouldn't receive government funding. Period.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dove"It's amazing how I've managed to get health care without ever setting foot in planned parenthood.  The only service I ever had there actually wound up making me need a real health care provider to clean up the mess pp made of my uterus. I still have rights, too. I can work, vote, get birth control and other services....all without planned parenthood. Go figure.

How did PP make a mess of your uterus if you never stepped foot in one?  Careful with your words hon.
 Careful with how you read my words?  I think it's pretty clear what I said. I didn't say I never set foot in one. I said it's amazing I received women's health care without ever setting foot in one. Meaning.....I was and am completely able to get health care without planned parenthood. Or income.

Oh I can read.  You said you never stepped foot in one then you said the only service you ever had there required real health care.  Again, how could you have had service provided there without ever stepping into one?  It makes no sense.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"You're asking as if it is without purpose. "Why can't doctors do it?"

Millions of women in the US are still uninsured. Many are working mothers who don't have time during doctor's office hours. Many doctors charge fees that many women can't afford.

There are Planned Parenthood affiliates here in Canada. Why don't their clients just see a doctor instead? Because PP is often the better option.
 Mothers are eligible for medicaide.  Yanno, at the mission, all those women are homeless mothers. There are resources for them not one of them has needed planned parenthood. In fact, they all agree pp shouldn't be getting funded by tax dollars.

Anonymous

Oh I can read.  You said you never stepped foot in one then you said the only service you ever had there required real health care.  Again, how could you have had service provided there without ever stepping into one?  It makes no sense.
So you intend to force the meaning you derived from my statement and thusly tell me what I said and expect me to answer a question based on your interpretation of my words?  No. This question doesn't apply to what I said and I'm going to ignore it if it's asked again. I'm sorry my post confused you.

Romero

Quote from: "RW"I find it easier to talk to a woman and that is my own personal preference.

So it's your preference. Your choice. You certainly don't need to explain to me why. You've got your reasons. Just like all those other women!

Planned Parenthood can simply be the best option for many. They have their reasons.

2.7 million women and men every year. 700 health centres. 400,000 Pap tests, 500,000 breast exams, 4.5 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, and educational programs and outreach for 1.5 million each year.

With those kinds of numbers, you think regular doctors can take that all in? It's not like the average doctor is just sitting around with nothing to do, waiting for patients to walk in. Wouldn't 2.7 million more visits and hundreds of thousands more tests and treatments overload the system?

If those millions could just walk into their neighbourhood's doctor office and receive affordable health care, they would. Not everyone can wait a couple of weeks, travel miles away, go during the workday, afford the fees...

You may as well be asking why people go to any health clinic. Why do health clinics exist? Can't they just go to their doctor at 8pm?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "RW"Just so you are aware, a male doctor delivered both my children.  I just had a visit with a male gynocologist and I found him to be lovely.

I find it easier to talk to a woman and that is my own personal preference.  Some women feel differently.

Relaaax, eh 'Real? Ro's jessa ur friendly neighborhood male feminist:

https://mundabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/male-feminist.jpg">

Everyones entitles to an opinion even if its not an informed one....

...oh well!
 It's pretty obnoxious. Lol

Romero

Quote from: "Dove"So you intend to force the meaning you derived from my statement and thusly tell me what I said and expect me to answer a question based on your interpretation of my words?  No. This question doesn't apply to what I said and I'm going to ignore it if it's asked again. I'm sorry my post confused you.

You said you've never set foot in Planned Parenthood, then you said "the only service I ever had there" and "pp made a mess of my uterus". So either you've been there or you haven't. It can't be both.

How did PP allegedly make a mess of your uterus?

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "RW"I find it easier to talk to a woman and that is my own personal preference.

So it's your preference. Your choice. You certainly don't need to explain to me why. You've got your reasons. Just like all those other women!

Planned Parenthood can simply be the best option for many. They have their reasons.

2.7 million women and men every year. 700 health centres. 400,000 Pap tests, 500,000 breast exams, 4.5 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, and educational programs and outreach for 1.5 million each year.

With those kinds of numbers, you think regular doctors can take that all in? It's not like the average doctor is just sitting around with nothing to do, waiting for patients to walk in. Wouldn't 2.7 million more visits and hundreds of thousands more tests and treatments overload the system?

If those millions could just walk into their neighbourhood's doctor office and receive affordable health care, they would. Not everyone can wait a couple of weeks, travel miles away, go during the workday, afford the fees...

You may as well be asking why people go to any health clinic. Why do health clinics exist? Can't they just go to their doctor at 8pm?

I have no problem explaining why I see a female doctor.  Thanks for asking!

It's not like one doctor is seeing all these women Ro.  

I can understand the need for such places prior to health care changes in the U.S. but not so much in Canada, a country with universal healthcare.  

It's okay to say you don't know the answer rather than making one up eh.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Dove"So you intend to force the meaning you derived from my statement and thusly tell me what I said and expect me to answer a question based on your interpretation of my words?  No. This question doesn't apply to what I said and I'm going to ignore it if it's asked again. I'm sorry my post confused you.

You said you've never set foot in Planned Parenthood, then you said "the only service I ever had there" and "pp made a mess of my uterus". So either you've been there or you haven't. It can't be both.

How did PP allegedly make a mess of your uterus?

Maybe they perform procedures out on the sidewalk?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

So you intend to force the meaning you derived from my statement and thusly tell me what I said and expect me to answer a question based on your interpretation of my words?  No. This question doesn't apply to what I said and I'm going to ignore it if it's asked again. I'm sorry my post confused you.

You contradicted yourself in plain English in the same post.
Beware of Gaslighters!