Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Further, science does not know at what point , initally? ...  after x number of days?, after xx number of days? it is a baby / human life / or whatever they wish to call it

I admit that I don't know ... Everyone seems to think they know, but I have never heard any of them  scientifically establish when.

Why? Because science cannot ... at least to date it cannot

"Science as a whole" does not even know the criterion to use, let alone know

Life begins at conception..

Ant attempt to stop it after that is murder.

I understand why you say that and respect that. And your reason works for you.

however, I'm asking in scientific terms only

If anyone can tell me "when" ... "in absolute scientific terms", please do so now.

Science is actually pretty clear on the matter.  Life begins at fertilization/conception.

http://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html">http://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/artic ... otes2.html">http://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Wulf"So if abortion is not murder, then why when a pregnant woman is tragically killed in a homicide, the perpetrator runs the risk of being slapped with double murder or manslaughter charges?

It seems to me that as a society we want it both ways. Is one form of murder okay and sanctioned by the state while another isn't? Doesn't exactly sound right, does it?
 It's murder if you want the baby. It's a terminated clump of cells if you dont. This, of course, makes zero sense.

Technically it's not murder.  It's not "murder" because murder is a legal term defined as "unlawful killing".  Since abortion up to a certain stage is lawful, it cannot be called murder.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Also note that 10 to 15% of KNOWN pregnancies end in miscarriage.  

Mother Nature is the original baby butcher.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Wulf"So if abortion is not murder, then why when a pregnant woman is tragically killed in a homicide, the perpetrator runs the risk of being slapped with double murder or manslaughter charges?

It seems to me that as a society we want it both ways. Is one form of murder okay and sanctioned by the state while another isn't? Doesn't exactly sound right, does it?
 It's murder if you want the baby. It's a terminated clump of cells if you dont. This, of course, makes zero sense.

Technically it's not murder.  It's not "murder" because murder is a legal term defined as "unlawful killing".  Since abortion up to a certain stage is lawful, it cannot be called murder.

That is so sick.

RW

That is so sick.

Why is it sick?  Because definitions don't match your word choices?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

This does fall under the definition of murder because its unlawful.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

That is so sick.

Murdering babies before they are even born?

Anything that sick does not need an explanation.

RW

That is so sick.

Murdering babies before they are even born?

Anything that sick does not need an explanation.

As I said, it's technically not murder and no level of indignance is going to alter the definition.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

This is one of the methods used to murder unborn babies.

Suction-Aspiration

In this method, the cervical muscle ring must be paralyzed and stretched open. The abortionist then inserts a hollow plastic tube with a knife-like edge into the uterus. The suction tears the baby's body into pieces. The placenta is cut from the uterine wall and everything is sucked into a bottle.

RW

They do that for miscarriages as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act passed by the US Congress in 2004 defines a fetus as "a child in utero" and as a person. It makes no distinction regarding term of the fetus. However, It does have a provision that exempts abortion.

It is a fucked up double standard where murder of a unborn life by the state is sanctioned BUT injury or killing by someone other than the state or state regulated personnel is not. This is just sick. It all boils down to the fact that it is okay for the government to give permission to their pet flunkies to kill the unborn but if Joe Asshole Wife Beater pushes his prego bitch down a flight of stairs and she miscarriages, he is in a whole new world of shit. It just went from domestic assault to fucking murder faster than the fat bitch could roll down the stairs.

cc

Ya, go figure. Let's call it what it is really about . It's all about getting votes. And that's it!!
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

asal

Quote from: "cc la femme"Further, science does not know at what point , initally? ...  after x number of days?, after xx number of days? it is a baby / human life / or whatever they wish to call it

I admit that I don't know ... Everyone seems to think they know, but I have never heard any of them  scientifically establish when.

If anyone can tell me "when" ... "in absolute scientific terms", please do so now.

Science is actually pretty clear on the matter.  Life begins at fertilization/conception.

http://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html">http://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/artic ... otes2.html">http://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html

Life does not mean sentient.  All living cells are alive.  Single cell algae, bacteria, fertilized eggs, amoebas / they don't have brains or any kind of sentience.  Lower intelligence than a lobster.

RW

Quote from: "Wulf"

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act passed by the US Congress in 2004 defines a fetus as "a child in utero" and as a person. It makes no distinction regarding term of the fetus. However, It does have a provision that exempts abortion.

It is a fucked up double standard where murder of a unborn life by the state is sanctioned BUT injury or killing by someone other than the state or state regulated personnel is not. This is just sick. It all boils down to the fact that it is okay for the government to give permission to their pet flunkies to kill the unborn but if Joe Asshole Wife Beater pushes his prego bitch down a flight of stairs and she miscarriages, he is in a whole new world of shit. It just went from domestic assault to fucking murder faster than the fat bitch could roll down the stairs.

I'm only telling you why one is illegal and one isn't and it has to do with the legal definition of murder.  One is lawful (abortion) and one isn't (homicide).
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "asal"

Life does not mean sentient.  All living cells are alive.  Single cell algae, bacteria, fertilized eggs, amoebas / they don't have brains or any kind of sentience.  Lower intelligence than a lobster.

You don't need to have a brain to be a living organism.

I understand all living cells are alive.  The question is at what point does new life begin and that's at fertilization.  Like I said, science is pretty clear on this.
Beware of Gaslighters!