The best topic

Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

OMG. My Mate's Cousin's Hubby Sued for Pan Am Sexual Harassment

Started by cc, August 14, 2015, 12:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I found some thread. A Liberal former Premier of Ontario we know well

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/panam-manager-files-harassment-lawsuit-against-david-peterson/article25964149/">Pan Am Games manager sues David Peterson, alleging harassment

A female manager with the Pan and Parapan American Games alleges in a newly commenced lawsuit she was sexually harassed by former Ontario premier and TO2015 chair David Peterson and that when she complained to human resources and senior officials, she was first told to "let it roll off your back" and was then demoted.

An alleged history of flirtatious greetings that escalated into unwanted hugs, sexually tinged remarks and public humiliation at the hands of Mr. Peterson is outlined in a statement of claim Ximena Morris, 34, filed on Thursday with the Ontario Superior Court. In addition to Mr. Peterson, she also names the Pan and Parapan Am Games organizing committee, the Canadian Olympic Committee (a partner of the Games) and three members of the executive team at TO2015: CEO Saad Rafi, head of human resources and general counsel Karen Hacker, and senior vice-president of public affairs Amir Remtulla, who are alleged to have contributed to Ms. Morris's constructive dismissal at the organization.

None of the allegations have been proven in court and the defendants have not yet filed their defence outlining their version of events.

Mr. Peterson called the allegations "wild and untrue."

Seems maybe a gorgeous and famous in her own right woman at home wasn't enough ... assuming of course allegations are valid

I feel silly, but his name slips my mind right now.

ac_blush

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Frank"There quite are number of cases of sexual harassment, sexual predation or domestic violence which are later dis-proven, or found that the accuser simply wasn't telling the truth.

There are many, many more times where it is true.

Don't let a couple of examples have you believe most women are lying. The vast majority are not.

I love that phrase; "the vast majority"  :laugh3: It's nice and nebulous and to the lesser intellect, seems to be unassailable.

It so conveniently frees you from providing real numbers and allows opinion to play the part of fact.  ac_biggrin

Wow, is that ever lame. I don't see you providing numbers for every single thing you say.

If you want to believe that the vast majority of women are lying, go right ahead. But don't forget to provide the real numbers!  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"There quite are number of cases of sexual harassment, sexual predation or domestic violence which are later dis-proven, or found that the accuser simply wasn't telling the truth.

Don't let a couple of examples have you believe most women are lying. The vast majority are not.

I love that phrase; "the vast majority"  :laugh3: It's nice and nebulous and to the lesser intellect, seems to be unassailable.

It so conveniently frees you from providing real numbers and allows opinion to play the part of fact.  ac_biggrin

Wow, is that ever lame. I don't see you providing numbers for every single thing you say.

If you want to believe that the vast majority of women are lying, go right ahead. But don't forget to provide the real numbers!  :laugh:

Romero, I believe she was speaking generally, not specifically sexual harassment..

That's what I think, but I could be wrong.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Seems maybe a gorgeous and famous in her own right woman at home wasn't enough ... assuming of course allegations are valid

I feel silly, but his name slips my mind right now.

ac_blush
Shelly  .. you may know her as a best selling author and  Canada TV series lead actress,  .. really neat lady .. one of his favorites as a kid

He was very disappointed in her for doing her silly selfish TV show at the very time  David was Premier, as were many others. In life people make commitments ... a family and especially a mate makes a powerful commitment toward Premier, and it cheapened his role ... some want everything and don't realize there are choices we make in life .. we felt she could have waited until he gave up or lost such an important role. We  can't have it all and make all work to the extent committed without sacrifices ... any how that was our feeling at the time. There were several stories on the wisdom, so it wasn't just us. We still love her, just wished she would have grown up sooner and not tried to have  it all at the same time                                                                            

Q's old "the vast majority"  ... good you nailed him on that lame copout Renee
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Renee

"Lame"? Let's be serious for a moment; whats "lame" is when someone uses a phrase like "the vast majority" to try and support their opinion. It means you really have no idea what your talking about. It's a "poke and hope" phrase used by uniformed dolts who should probably just keep quite.

But to be fair, it's not as "lame" as being a grown "man" who needs to refer to the Huffington Post or Thinkprogress before he can formulate an opinion.  :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

"Lame"? Let's be serious for a moment; whats "lame" is when someone uses a phrase like "the vast majority" to try and support their opinion. It means you really have no idea what your talking about. It's a "poke and hope" phrase used by uniformed dolts who should probably just keep quite.

But to be fair, it's not as "lame" as being a grown "man" who needs to refer to the Huffington Post or Thinkprogress before he can formulate an opinion.  :laugh:

Haven't you learned that getting outraged over nothing isn't good for your mental health?

The hilarious thing is you don't even disagree with my statement!

RW

I think the point is you have nothing to qualify a statement like "the vast majority of women who claim they have been sexually assaulted are telling the truth".  Adding such quantifiers that lack real substance weaken your argument.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I think the point is you have nothing to qualify a statement like "the vast majority of women who claim they have been sexually assaulted are telling the truth".  Adding such quantifiers that lack real substance weaken your argument.

:thumbup: Somebody gets it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Romero

Quote from: "RW"I think the point is you have nothing to qualify a statement like "the vast majority of women who claim they have been sexually assaulted are telling the truth".  Adding such quantifiers that lack real substance weaken your argument.

I never wrote those words. Why are you trying to claim I wrote those words?

Much ado about nothing.

Quote from: "cc la femme"Maybe because men who seek  wealth and a positions of power tend to be pricks by nature

So, where is all the faux outrage over cc's lack of real numbers and quantifiers?

And you don't disagree with the statement I actually did make either.

A couple of nitpicking hens. :laugh:

Renee

Haven't you learned that getting outraged over nothing isn't good for your mental health?

The hilarious thing is you don't even disagree with my statement!

There is no "outrage" in this. Pointing out that you are a weak intellectual tit is old hat and just a matter of course.

BTW, I didn't disagree or agree with your statement because I don't have hard numbers to make a determination. I'm just NOT going make a stand for or against, based on a phrase like "the vast majority". No one with half a brain would.

Renee

Someone else jacked your account and wrote the above, I guess.  :001_rolleyes:

Fucking weasel.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"BTW, I didn't disagree or agree with your statement

:laugh:

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"BTW, I didn't disagree or agree with your statement

:laugh:

The only thing funny here is you once again white knighting an issue which is predominantly a woman's problem. If you want to be one of the girls so badly; check with Caitlyn Jenner. He/she can probably point you in the right direction.  :laugh:

RW

I never wrote those words. Why are you trying to claim I wrote those words?

Much ado about nothing.

Quote from: "cc la femme"Maybe because men who seek  wealth and a positions of power tend to be pricks by nature

So, where is all the faux outrage over cc's lack of real numbers and quantifiers?

And you don't disagree with the statement I actually did make either.

A couple of nitpicking hens. :laugh:

Hey man.  I was just trying to help you out with your fail argument making.  I don't actually give a fuck if you take my sound advice or not.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Someone else jacked your account and wrote the above, I guess.  :001_rolleyes:

Fucking weasel.

I rearranged it so he didn't realize that's what he said.  Haha
Beware of Gaslighters!