The best topic

Replies: 7369
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:34:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Would you prefer a thread or a whole subforum?

Fashionista suggested a thread with a sticky. That works for me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
QuoteThey are high risk/high return

May I suggest phrasing that as  high risk/ "Potential or Possible" high return

While that is implied, reminding myself of it is how I keep all risky stuff in perspective

Doesn't mean I won't go risky, but when I do it's only when all indicators are right  .. and the stars are aligned right, lol

It's definite high risk and potential high return.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"When mate was full time a summer contractor, he built a house during winter.

We got 2 gains.

We would live in each for a year and sell with no cap gains of course.

He could keep a couple of key employees on for the winter, ready to go for summer contracts

It served us and the business well.  

We are lucky here. In the US, cap gains hit hard, although they can deduct mortgage payments from income

Yes, they do hit hard. In Canada, on a capital gain of $50,000 for instance, only half of that, or $25,000, would be taxable. For a Canadian in a 35% tax bracket for example, a $25,000 taxable capital gain would result in $8,750 taxes owing.

Southern Ontario's housing market is overvalued and a correction is coming.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Thank you to Fashionista for her suggestion. I feel privileged to be able to start this thread. I will post some market related information on a day to day basis. I don't know everything and I invite others to tell us their investment victories and losses.

If you wouldn't mind, please merge my other thread under this title.

This is the most important thread on this forum..

Thank you seoulbro and anyone else that participates.

cc

DITTO to all the directly above ^^^
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Thank you Keeper for stickying this thread....It's easier for a mod than an admin to do that.

Anonymous

Baytex Energy is the latest casualty of slumping oil prices. They along with Crescent Point Energy have cancelled their dividends.

RW

We need to cut off funding to terrorist oil and start being the alternate supplier.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

YESSSSSS  !!!!!!! ^^^

N America buys and sells oil as suits some companies. Even much of Keystone would is planned be shipped out, while at the same time N America buys oil from anywhere. We  need leaders with the balls to stop it.

One rule / law that would do it is for N America to not send oil to any counties except only after N American consumption is satisfied

I know it is difficult to change attitudes of leaders to step up, but it must be done. STOP this self-destructive insanity

Shen, does N America now produce a volume of oil that would make it self sufficient IF it was all used internally?

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"YESSSSSS  !!!!!!! ^^^

N America buys and sells oil as suits some companies. Even much of Keystone would is planned be shipped out, while at the same time N America buys oil from anywhere. We  need leaders with the balls to stop it.

One rule / law that would do it is for N America to not send oil to any counties except only after N American consumption is satisfied

I know it is difficult to change attitudes of leaders to step up, but it must be done. STOP this self-destructive insanity

Shen, does N America now produce a volume of oil that would make it self sufficient IF it was all used internally?

Actually most Keystone oil would be refined at location. The companies who would produce the oil had buyers for their product. The only reason we import about 650,000 barrels/day from hellholes like Saudi, Angola and Nigeria is because we don't have infrastructure to deliver it.

The IEA estimates the US will continue to import 5-7 million barrels/day for the next 2 decades. The US and Canada have the reserves to cover that, but it would not be economical to extract it....YET. If oil goes up above $100/barrel and stays there for a while all bets are off.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "RW"I've made a lot of money on real estate transactions like over $50,000 in just over a year.

My future ex husband has the houses. With hope they burn down and he in it.
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

RW

Quote from: "priscilla1961"
Quote from: "RW"I've made a lot of money on real estate transactions like over $50,000 in just over a year.

An insurance policy is one way to make money on someone.  Hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

priscilla1961

Quote from: "RW"

An insurance policy is one way to make money on someone.  Hahaha

:laugh:
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

cc

Anonymous

I can think of someone I wouldn't lose sleep over if she perished in a house fire. Three guesses as to I have in mind.