The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday to mark a third-straight losing session, deepening a rout kicked off Friday following Fed Chair Jay Powell's speech in Jackson Hole. The Fed is expected to continue raising interest rates.

When the bell rang on Wall Street, the S&P 500 was off 1.1%, the Dow down 1%, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq fell 1.1%.

Breakfall

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=473775 time=1661957461
U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday to mark a third-straight losing session, deepening a rout kicked off Friday following Fed Chair Jay Powell's speech in Jackson Hole. The Fed is expected to continue raising interest rates.

When the bell rang on Wall Street, the S&P 500 was off 1.1%, the Dow down 1%, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq fell 1.1%.

Is this all you are? How does this even relate to most of us? I'm an Australian for a start. As a businessman, I roll with the punches and adjust accordingly. Use your skills accordingly, instead of thinking that you actually make a difference.

Breakfall

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=473404 time=1661612222
Jerome Powell, Fed head suggests additional interest rate hikes will ultimately produce the lesser of two pains. He is reckless.

My God son...who the fuck are these people? This is a community...have the decency to tell people who these names are for Christ sake! It's doesn't have to be complicated at all...you're making it so!

Breakfall

The only " money sense" that you seem to fathom is short-end gains. Let that be a wake-up call moving forward.

Anonymous

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=473786 time=1661958726 user_id=3358
The only " money sense" that you seem to fathom is short-end gains. Let that be a wake-up call moving forward.

Seoul?? The very opposite of what you posted..

It's his business to know investing is a long term strategy and he encourages investing that way, because it's the only sensible way to build wealth.

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=473788 time=1661959018 user_id=3254
Quote from: Breakfall post_id=473786 time=1661958726 user_id=3358

It's his business to know investing is a long term strategy and he encourages investing that way, because it's the only sensible way to build wealth.

He wouldn't know long-term strategy if it knocked him in the face like a frozen tuna. Maybe he should go back to college and get a handle on things that are relevant to the times?

Breakfall

How old is this kid anyway? 30 years old?

Breakfall

Tell me how old this kid is so I can mould him into my hands like putty! Lol

Anonymous

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=473791 time=1661959220 user_id=3358
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=473788 time=1661959018 user_id=3254

He wouldn't know long-term strategy if it knocked him in the face like a frozen tuna. Maybe he should go back to college and get a handle on things that are relevant to the times?

Have you ever read his posts sober?

Breakfall

Quote from: Brent post_id=473809 time=1661968235
Quote from: Breakfall post_id=473791 time=1661959220 user_id=3358

Have you ever read his posts sober?

Just let me spice shit up doofus!

Anonymous

Stocks are opening lower again on Wall Street, continuing a weak patch that has wiped out much of the gains the market made in July and early August. The S&P 500 lost about half a percent in the early going Thursday. The Nasdaq fell a bit more as technology companies posted some of the biggest losses. Nvidia dropped after the chipmaker said the U.S. government imposed new licensing requirements on its sales to China. The price of oil fell again as concerns grew that the economy could slow down. The price of benchmark U.S. crude is coming off its third month of declines.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=473876 time=1662043111
Stocks are opening lower again on Wall Street, continuing a weak patch that has wiped out much of the gains the market made in July and early August. The S&P 500 lost about half a percent in the early going Thursday. The Nasdaq fell a bit more as technology companies posted some of the biggest losses. Nvidia dropped after the chipmaker said the U.S. government imposed new licensing requirements on its sales to China. The price of oil fell again as concerns grew that the economy could slow down. The price of benchmark U.S. crude is coming off its third month of declines.

I don't look at my invetments right now.

Anonymous

The markets have given up all their summer time gains. Although the TSX had a good final trading day of the week.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=474074 time=1662217649
The markets have given up all their summer time gains. Although the TSX had a good final trading day of the week.

I won't check my pension or investments until they return to moving up.

Anonymous

A lot of money can be made betting on when the Federal Reserve will "pivot" — that is, take its foot at least partially off the rate-hike gas pedal. Yet a lot of money can also be lost, as we saw on August 26 when the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost more than 1,000 points after Fed Chair Jerome Powell dashed hopes that the Fed's pivot had begun in July.

The market hit its low an average of 57 days prior to the end of the Fed's rate-hike cycle — about two months.

Even though there are potentially huge gains trying to reinvest in stocks in anticipation of a pivot. There is also a uncertainty and risk associated with it. This is not what I recommend most of my clients invest.