The best topic

Replies: 10472
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:55:02 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=503017 time=1686293464 user_id=3409
Quote from: Herman post_id=503009 time=1686271541 user_id=3396

He never listens or participates period in forums. He is here for his own weired amusement. Forums are in a fragile state right now. If wants them to continue he should wise the fuck up or leave and get a blog.

Yeah, I know. I don't even think he knows he's doing it, possibly enjoying his life in much the same way as a PCP addicted troon might slamming his cock in a car door repeatedly until it falls off.

I think he knows he is slamming his dick in the car door.

Thiel

As much as it pains me to say this, Kevin McCarthy had no choice but to capitulate on raising the debt ceiling. There would have been serious consequeces of inaction.
gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

Quote from: "Jo Ho Ho" post_id=502941 time=1686164908
Somehow I think the Dow will be stuck around 32,000 by then Ollie. Neither up nor down but just stagnant. Stagflation just like it was in the 1970s. Meanwhile inflation will continue to eat away at whatever is left of everyone s savings

These markets are clearly manipulated tho

Hi sweetie. ac_wub
gay, conservative and proud

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Thiel post_id=503124 time=1686422781 user_id=1688
As much as it pains me to say this, Kevin McCarthy had no choice but to capitulate on raising the debt ceiling. There would have been serious consequeces of inaction.

And? There are serious consequences for raising the debt ceiling too. Kicking the can down the road is all very well and good when there's a road to do it on, McCarthy's giddy lisps do nothing at t his end to distract from these eyes noticing we are rapidly running out of tarmac.

Listen, do me a favour while I have your attention; make an honest man... thing... out of Jo Ho Ho willya? A full-on royal wedding and music concert is good for the citizens, a swampdonkey told me so.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: Herman post_id=503009 time=1686271541 user_id=3396He never listens or participates period in forums. He is here for his own weired amusement. Forums are in a fragile state right now. If wants them to continue he should wise the fuck up or leave and get a blog.

...actually Herm I'm not too strong an opinion on anything.

Principally because tharz so much misinformation out there (on all sides, left and right) that it's hard to know who's telling the truth anymore.

CNN lies, Fox News lies...the US Fed lies...our government lies...

someone has an agenda instead of telling the truth.

I mostly go on these forums to get different opinions.

flick the channel...got to BC...next channel...BF...next one SG...next one VF...etc

It's just entertainment, nothing less, nothing more.

Herman

Bullshit. You are on forums for attention and nothing else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502985 time=1686222890 user_id=3409
Quote from: "Jo Ho Ho" post_id=502941 time=1686164908
Somehow I think the Dow will be stuck around 32,000 by then Ollie. Neither up nor down but just stagnant.

Well that rather depends on how dumb investors are, doesn't it? With the gold standard being adopted by a number of BRICS nations, I'd posit that 18 months of debt ceiling suspension is a calculated move to allow the tanking of the US economy, with the next administration inheriting the fallout of a near total lack of confidence in the US economy.

Meh, why am I telling you this, you didn't listen last time either.

Well Ollie yer way of thinking seems to be in line with this guy who similarly warns about a coming economic crisis & depression by 2025:

">

I don't really agree with him tho

While the possibility shouldn't be ruled out, I think it's further down the road than that.

Mind you....my Grand Dad told me 1926 was a very good year 1927 was worse till the world economy gradually slid into a depression by 1929.

Btw he survived the Great Depression by going house to house selling coal. Back in those days thats how people heated their homes. He did well for himself till WWII hit. The war years were a difficult time for him and his family

Herman

For the first time in more than a year, the Federal Reserve has left interest rates unchanged but signaled that two more rate hikes are set to happen this year.

The benchmark federal funds rate held steady at a range of 5–5.25 percent, effectively ending the streak of 10 consecutive rate hikes.

DKG

The Dow shed .7 percent in reaction to today's announcement. Not because of the pause, but because they said they are not finished raising interest rates. Six more rate increases are possible before they start lowering interest rates.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Jo Ho Ho" post_id=503210 time=1686545021
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502985 time=1686222890 user_id=3409

Well that rather depends on how dumb investors are, doesn't it? With the gold standard being adopted by a number of BRICS nations, I'd posit that 18 months of debt ceiling suspension is a calculated move to allow the tanking of the US economy, with the next administration inheriting the fallout of a near total lack of confidence in the US economy.

Meh, why am I telling you this, you didn't listen last time either.

Well Ollie yer way of thinking seems to be in line with this guy who similarly warns about a coming economic crisis & depression by 2025:

">

I don't really agree with him tho

While the possibility shouldn't be ruled out, I think it's further down the road than that.

So in short you don't agree with me but you do, is that it? Why yes, yes it is.

"Ahhh, but Ollie" you say, "I think we have a bit more of the slide to go before the precipice, we can giggle like schoolgirls a little longer..."

You're an idiot, friend. If you accept the path you're on is the path to ultimate ruin, any time you spend after that on that path is you indulging in idiocy.

Get off the path and hit the weeds, the bridge is out ahead.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=503494 time=1686906528 user_id=3409

TrughSo in short you don't agree with me but you do, is that it? Why yes, yes it is.

"Ahhh, but Ollie" you say, "I think we have a bit more of the slide to go before the precipice, we can giggle like schoolgirls a little longer..."

You're an idiot, friend. If you accept the path you're on is the path to ultimate ruin, any time you spend after that on that path is you indulging in idiocy.

Truth be known, I'm not sure who to believe anymore, Ollie!

Economy could go any direction, depending which events are thrown inta the mix.

It's as unpredictable as forecasting the outcome of the upcoming US Presidential election.

Who's gonna win that one? And the outcome could change everything - including the direction of the US & World economy.

I think all a person can do is to plan for multiple outcomes and budget accordingly. In which case, keeping a contingency fund in case of a worst case scenario isn't such a bad idea. Have some 'Investment Insurance'. So for every dollar invested in the markets, have a dollar in chase & another in gold. Heck even the investment ads from the ultra pro business brokerage industy acknowledge that we live in 'uncertain times' these days & that we should be prepared for (a great deal of) risk.

And yet...I rather enjoy reading your commentary, Ollie. The more opinions thrown in.,..the better. You could be right. Your guess/predictions as good as the next market expert. Some of them made some shit predictions lately, such as stating that First Republic Bank was a good, sound investment before it collapsed, eh?

">

Gotta be wary of the opinions of some of these 'experts'.

They can spin it any way they want & believe whatever they want themselves too.

But they rarely seem to tell the truth and they are likely shills bought and paid for by the Investment industry.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: JOE post_id=503542 time=1686969254 user_id=97
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=503494 time=1686906528 user_id=3409

TrughSo in short you don't agree with me but you do, is that it? Why yes, yes it is.

Truth be known, I'm not sure who to believe anymore, Ollie!

Economy could go any direction, depending which events are thrown inta the mix.

It's as unpredictable as forecasting the outcome of the upcoming US Presidential election.

Who's gonna win that one? And the outcome could change everything - including the direction of the US & World economy.

I think all a person can do is to plan for multiple outcomes and budget accordingly. In which case, keeping a contingency fund in case of a worst case scenario isn't such a bad idea. Have some 'Investment Insurance'. So for every dollar invested in the markets, have a dollar in chase & another in gold. Heck even the investment ads from the ultra pro business brokerage industy acknowledge that we live in 'uncertain times' these days & that we should be prepared for (a great deal of) risk.

And yet...I rather enjoy reading your commentary, Ollie. The more opinions thrown in.,..the better. You could be right. Your guess/predictions as good as the next market expert. Some of them made some shit predictions lately, such as stating that First Republic Bank was a good, sound investment before it collapsed, eh?

">

Gotta be wary of the opinions of some of these 'experts'.

They can spin it any way they want & believe whatever they want themselves too.

But they rarely seem to tell the truth and they are likely shills bought and paid for by the Investment industry.

A fool and his money...

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

Oil futures ended lower Tuesday, failing to hold modest, early gains scored after China delivered an interest-rate cut amid concerns over the demand picture from the world's second-largest crude importer.

The People's Bank of China on Tuesday cut both its short- and long-term benchmark lending rates by 10 basis points Tuesday, in an effort to support the nation's slowing economic recovery. The move came after the PBOC last week reduced two key policy rates by 10 basis points each.

DKG

Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell on Wednesday told Congress that, with U.S. inflation well above target, more interest rates are likely this year, although he did not shed any new light on the timing of the moves.

Traders in derivatives markets see almost an 80% chance that the Fed hikes rates by 25 basis points after their July 25-26 meeting, according to the CME's FedWatch tool. The odds of a second hike at any of the Fed's last three meetings of the year are below 20%. Traders see the first cut early next year.

JOE

Quote from: DKG post_id=503898 time=1687366506 user_id=3390
Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell on Wednesday told Congress that, with U.S. inflation well above target, more interest rates are likely this year, although he did not shed any new light on the timing of the moves.

Traders in derivatives markets see almost an 80% chance that the Fed hikes rates by 25 basis points after their July 25-26 meeting, according to the CME's FedWatch tool. The odds of a second hike at any of the Fed's last three meetings of the year are below 20%. Traders see the first cut early next year.

Powell's discussion yesterday with US Congress members about America's economic outlook seemed rather grim, DKG.

Print
User actions