Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Air show tragedy...

Started by Bricktop, August 24, 2015, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Around 12 months ago, I was at an air show in the UK. We witnessed a flypast and display from a vintage jet fighter plane from the 50's. I took this photo...on a usual grey and cloudy day...

https://flic.kr/p/xKBUNa">https://flic.kr/p/xKBUNa">Hawker Hunter

This same aircraft and pilot crashed at a British air show yesterday killing 11 on a packed and busy motorway near the airfield.

I feel incredibly sad.

cc

Me too. Heard about it shortly after it happened.

Did not pull out of a loop the loop

Of all places, it hit a packed highway. Awful news
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Yes. The Brits love their heritage and icons of their former glory in technology and engineering.

This will be a national tragedy. I suspect aircraft will be heavily restrained in performing for airshows. How often do we see not only the pilots, but those on the ground killed.

cc

As much as I marvel at the sight of especially fighters maneuvering, there is a long list of ground casualties because of air shows.  We could do without these show quite easily.

"icons of their former glory". hmmm You do have a hate on for the military, and for people wanting their country to be strong militarily  that  oozes  out at every opportunity, c/w denigration of strong countries

As per gun tragedies, never miss an opportunity to not miss an opportunity

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

How can anyone hate the military? It's like hating on dumb livestock. They know not what they sniff and lick.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Do you actually think before engraving your abject idiocy on the internet? Where is this construed as a "military" issue? It was a civilian airshow, with a ex military aircraft performing a display piloted by a civilian.

How about you take you clown suit and squirting flower to one of the silly BH spinoffs, where fuckweasels like you can re-live the glory days; you remember...when you pretended to be a female and tried to troll other members.

It didn't work, and wasn't funny then. And how long ago was that?

Wulf

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"How can anyone hate the military? It's like hating on dumb livestock. They know not what they sniff and lick.

Yeah right, that ridiculous statement has so much validity coming from some basement dweller who's life is so lacking that it needs to  get off by playing a doctor on the internet.  ac_toofunny

I have to ask, why did you pick something as mundane as a female doctor to pose as? You could have picked anything; astronaut, movie star, Indian chief or at the very least, someone with an IQ of more than 80.

What did freaks like you do before the net was around, I wonder?

Bricktop

He has priors, as well. He must think its amusing at some base, deeply psychotic level.

His problem is he's living in the past. Such antics were once considered cool and fun in long departed sites like Brawl Hall. But some of its devotees simply cannot accept its demise. So, much like a maggot, they seek other sources of emotional and mental nutrition by acting like a complete buffoon and feeding off the response. He simply cannot accept that his histrionics are the sign of a severely impaired self esteem, that will accept even mockery and humiliation as a sign that he is at least noticed.

Frood

Quote from: "cc la femme"

"icons of their former glory". hmmm You do have a hate on for the military, and for people wanting their country to be strong militarily  that  oozes  out at every opportunity, c/w denigration of strong countries

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"How can anyone hate the military? It's like hating on dumb livestock. They know not what they sniff and lick.

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Do you actually think before engraving your abject idiocy on the internet? Where is this construed as a "military" issue? It was a civilian airshow, with a ex military aircraft performing a display piloted by a civilian.

:oeudC:

QuoteHow about you take you clown suit and squirting flower to one of the silly BH spinoffs, where fuckweasels like you can re-live the glory days; you remember...when you pretended to be a female and tried to troll other members.

It didn't work, and wasn't funny then. And how long ago was that?

No idea what you're on about but it's entertaining to watch you lose your poo pellets over it.  :thumbup:

Quote from: "Wulf"

Yeah right, that ridiculous statement has so much validity coming from some basement dweller who's life is so lacking that it needs to  get off by playing a doctor on the internet.  ac_toofunny

I have to ask, why did you pick something as mundane as a female doctor to pose as? You could have picked anything; astronaut, movie star, Indian chief or at the very least, someone with an IQ of more than 80.

What did freaks like you do before the net was around, I wonder?

Have you got a bad case of Spectreitis too, Wulfy?  ac_biggrin

Quote from: "SPECTRE"He has priors, as well. He must think its amusing at some base, deeply psychotic level.

His problem is he's living in the past. Such antics were once considered cool and fun in long departed sites like Brawl Hall. But some of its devotees simply cannot accept its demise. So, much like a maggot, they seek other sources of emotional and mental nutrition by acting like a complete buffoon and feeding off the response. He simply cannot accept that his histrionics are the sign of a severely impaired self esteem, that will accept even mockery and humiliation as a sign that he is at least noticed.

For someone so close to the age of 70, you're acting like you're 11 online though if fabricating ridiculous fictions gets you through another year of life, who am I to object to your little paranoid flights of fantasy and projection.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Like I said...some simply need the attention inanity cultivates.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Around 12 months ago, I was at an air show in the UK. We witnessed a flypast and display from a vintage jet fighter plane from the 50's. I took this photo...on a usual grey and cloudy day...

https://flic.kr/p/xKBUNa">https://flic.kr/p/xKBUNa">Hawker Hunter

This same aircraft and pilot crashed at a British air show yesterday killing 11 on a packed and busy motorway near the airfield.

I feel incredibly sad.

I do too.

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, pretty sad, to be watching a show that was meant to entertain and then shockingly, tragedy takes place before the eyes of spectators. It must be like when people were watching the Space Shuttle Challenger as it burst.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

It must be an awful experience.

During that same airshow, other vintage aircraft were showing their capabilities, some nearly 100 years old. I loved seeing these aircraft flying, looping, barrel rolling and generally doing things I hadn't thought possible.

But every second I was watching, I couldn't help thinking..."Please do not crash...". Many of the pilots were just hanging around in the crowd when not flying. Most were shall we say...venerable. I know they must have annual examinations for their licence, but this doesn't always expose issues that may impair flying. Blood pressure problems fluctuate, and doing a loop when your blood pressure is too low will cause a blackout.

Experienced pilots who saw the tragedy believe this was the probable cause of the crash. They could see no sign of mechanical failure before the aircraft went down.

Its not unlike older drivers. There comes a time when you have to hang up the keys.

Bricktop

These two were WW1 vintage military aircraft.

https://flic.kr/p/u83N8f">https://flic.kr/p/u83N8f">Untitled

Bricktop

https://flic.kr/p/u83SWy">https://flic.kr/p/u83SWy">Untitled