Replies: 10332
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:34:56 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Is It Rude To Say Someone Is LAZY?

Started by the shark hunter, September 25, 2015, 06:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"Sure, it can be interpreted as rude, but just as calling someone stupid, primitive, or ugly, might generate similar reactions, it might be more worrisome if it were received with apathy.

The greater context would come into play here, but even if the intent isn't malicious, any such forward accusation in our Western culture could be considered rude.

Psychologists would probably argue that any unfavorable character trait is a symptom of a mood disorder, but I'm sure not everybody is willing to use this as a litmus test for proper development.

It's a best to just mind your own business when it comes to other people's kids.

shin

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "shin"Sure, it can be interpreted as rude, but just as calling someone stupid, primitive, or ugly, might generate similar reactions, it might be more worrisome if it were received with apathy.

The greater context would come into play here, but even if the intent isn't malicious, any such forward accusation in our Western culture could be considered rude.

Psychologists would probably argue that any unfavorable character trait is a symptom of a mood disorder, but I'm sure not everybody is willing to use this as a litmus test for proper development.

It's a best to just mind your own business when it comes to other people's kids.

Probably true, unless they're communal neighbors, bullying your own kids, or are distant relatives.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

Probably true, unless they're communal neighbors, bullying your own kids, or are distant relatives.

I would agree about parents if their child was bullying your child..

I have never lived communally, so I cannot say about that..

But, distant relatives?

:ohmy:

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"

But, distant relatives?

There are places where some of the natives are inbred, but in most other cases, it's not unusual for immigrants who might have some common lineage to cohabitate a building suited for many families.

Anonymous

But, distant relatives?

There are places where some of the natives are inbred, but in most other cases, it's not unusual for immigrants who might have some common lineage to cohabitate a building suited for many families.

My grandparents lived with my uncle's family in Taiwan.

shin

But, distant relatives?

Did they take care of your grandparents?

Anonymous

But, distant relatives?

That seems common. A way of pooling resources and helping each other out in their own way.

shin

I figured as much, but I didn't want to assume. People do that here, too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I figured as much, but I didn't want to assume. People do that here, too.

I won't have to even think about that with my son. No doubt, he will still be dependent on my ex-wife or myself when he is my age.

shin

There was a social stigma associated with living with parents into adulthood, but it seems to be less relevant with the onset of the millennial generation. It didn't seem to be as prevalent outside of upper middle class American Caucasian families, especially in the northeast U.S.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"There was a social stigma associated with living with parents into adulthood, but it seems to be less relevant with the onset of the millennial generation. It didn't seem to be as prevalent outside of upper middle class American Caucasian families, especially in the northeast U.S.

It's new to me shin. Since I am old school, the stigma should still be there in my opinion.

Anonymous

I have no problem telling white people how lazy they are.

Frood

Which is funny since Asians tend to pretend to be hard workers instead of actually working hard. Not just Asians though, anyone derived from third world cultures are the same.

All about appearances, little about actual merit.
Blahhhhhh...

Lance Leftardashian

Quote from: "Shen Li"I have no problem telling white people how lazy they are.

That's fine but one mustn't chastise nonwhites as this may hurt their feelings.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I have no problem telling white people how lazy they are.

That's fine but one mustn't chastise nonwhites as this may hurt their feelings.

It's not only non whitesLance that have feelings..

Something both you and Shen Li seem unaware of.