The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Now, here's a surprise...

Started by Bricktop, October 01, 2015, 10:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Dove"When I can't find a hammer, I grab the next blunt object that will suffice. Duh.

You will find, however, that very few objects can replace a hammer and operate with the same effectiveness. Being a woman, that might be difficult to follow, but its true nonetheless.

Likewise, if you wish to kill someone, and don't have a gun, your available options are far more problematic.

See...the point is, take away the tool, and the tradesman cannot ply his craft. Its not hard to grasp.

Yes, your nation is awash with guns, and removing them MAY be impossible, thus you are condemned to continue to slaughter each other on a grand scale.

On the other hand, your nation might try to show the courage, morality and fortitude it so brazenly displays to the world at large, and start now.
 Banning guns is not going to reduce gun violance. The people who obtain and use guns legally are NOT, I repeat, NOT the ones committing the crimes.  It's like saying 5 people in my city  killed people so we all must get the death penalty.  Why aren't you targeting our media/entertainment industries that glorify violance and drugs?  We have youth being culturally shaped by "cash money, pop a cap in dat ass, nigga fuck dem hoes". You think thats not a problem? Why not look at the fact that many violant crimes are committed by people on psychotropic drugs?  It's not guns that's causing the problem, so banning them will not fix the problem. We will still have nutbags committing shootings. Only now regular people will be unarmed, for no reason.

Oh, only people who illegally obtain guns commit crimes.

:001_rolleyes:

This just keeps getting more ridiculous by the post.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Don't add to my point. I'm speaking in generals and that should be obvious. The majority of gun related crimes involve black market guns and involve criminal on criminal violance. You just don't read about that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Don't add to my point. I'm speaking in generals and that should be obvious. The majority of gun related crimes involve black market guns and involve criminal on criminal violance. You just don't read about that.

I don't imagine the bloods and crips are obtaining their guns legally. No paper trail for gangsters.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Dove"Don't add to my point. I'm speaking in generals and that should be obvious. The majority of gun related crimes involve black market guns and involve criminal on criminal violance. You just don't read about that.

I don't imagine the bloods and crips are obtaining their guns legally. No paper trail for gangsters.
 Not at all lol. And that's the majority of our gun violance.  Criminal on criminal.

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Dove"  Banning guns is not going to reduce gun violance. The people who obtain and use guns legally are NOT, I repeat, NOT the ones committing the crimes.

Like this week's mass shooter idiot of the week, who bought 13 guns LEGALLY
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Roberto"
Quote from: "Dove"  Banning guns is not going to reduce gun violance. The people who obtain and use guns legally are NOT, I repeat, NOT the ones committing the crimes.

I can't discuss this with emotional thinkers who don't understand generals. You think everyone should lose rights over the actions on one person and that beyond fucking stupid. You don't deserve freedom. Yanno what don't respond to me unless you've read my entire post. I'm not going to tediously walk you through everything I've already said.

Anonymous

I can't discuss this with emotional thinkers who don't understand generals. You think everyone should lose rights over the actions on one person and that beyond fucking stupid. You don't deserve freedom. Yanno what don't respond to me unless you've read my entire post. I'm not going to tediously walk you through everything I've already said.

Dove, my ex-bf told me he could easily get an "orphaned" handgun if he wanted one.

Anonymous

All I'd have to do is go a few blocks over and can get a gun AND some crack for the road. And for those who don't want to leave their house, you can go right on the onion browser and order one. With bitcoins. Totally under the radar.

Anonymous

http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything">http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-o ... e-anything">http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything there is also a site on TOR called "Mr Brownstone".  Guess what they sell lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything">http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-o ... e-anything">http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything there is also a site on TOR called "Mr Brownstone".  Guess what they sell lol.

:shock:

RW

It would be one thing if it was a one off but it isn't.

I know you can't grasp a concept of a society without hand guns on citizens but they do exist and they aren't nearly as terrifying as you think they are.
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

Quote from: "Dove"You guys can keep thinking this is about guns. It's not. Guns are a tool. Guns don't kill.  The problem is with the people. The problem is our system.  Guns are just a TOOL.

I bookmarked this for when someone wrote that ^

Quote  Guns may not kill people, but people with guns do, and they do so more often and more efficiently than people without guns.  People do not behave in a vacuum. They are influenced by their environment, and when that environment is occupied by guns, people behave aggressively and impulsively.  

http://www.armedwithreason.com/debunking-the-guns-dont-kill-people-people-kill-people-myth/">//http://www.armedwithreason.com/debunking-the-guns-dont-kill-people-people-kill-people-myth/

1. suicides

2. accidents

3. 'priming' -
Quote'Priming' is a well-known, rigorously evaluated concept in cognitive science by which exposure to an unconscious stimulus influences response to a later stimulus.   A textbook example by Bargh, Chen, and Burrows (1996) involves an experiment in which subjects were primed with words related to elderly people (slow, forgetful, wrinkle), and found that subjects in the treatment group walked more slowly out of the room than subjects in a control group. ... They published their findings in a famous paper entitled "Does the Gun Pull the Trigger?" where they found that the mere presence of a weapon primes aggressive behavior.

QuoteAmerica has embraced a social norm that explicitly legitimizes these deaths by providing an unending laundry list of excuses whenever one happens: it was the irresponsible parents, the inadequate firearm training, the bad public policy, and so on.  But it's never the gun.  And yet, somehow, the U.S. is responsible for 80% of all firearm deaths, 86% of all female firearm deaths, and 87% of all child firearm deaths in the developed world.  It's just a coincidence that we have the highest per capita gun ownership rate in the world.  

Bricktop

America is too frightened to abandon its guns. The tragedy is that its frightened only of itself.

Because it has too many guns.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

It would be one thing if it was a one off but it isn't.

I know you can't grasp a concept of a society without hand guns on citizens but they do exist and they aren't nearly as terrifying as you think they are.
 You just assume every culture is the same.  I know gun free societies exist and they are not at all scary. However, you will not have a gun free society in america...so changing our Constitution makes absolutely no sense. That's your problem, you think banning guns will cause this happy gun free society. It won't. Not in america. Not with this mindset. And there is no way the public is going to surrender their fire arms.  I don't even own a gun. I'm just being realistic.

Bricktop

That is a sad and somewhat depreciating indictment of your country.

Tell me, if that is so, how can America to claim the high moral ground in its military actions throughout the world.

It has just bombed a hospital in Afghanistan.

Shameful, really.