The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Now, here's a surprise...

Started by Bricktop, October 01, 2015, 10:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

There will always be criminals and crazies who will get their hands on guns and commit crime.  What I don't understand is why anyone would support making it easier for them by allowing them to buy guns at fucking Walmart???
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"There will always be criminals and crazies who will get their hands on guns and commit crime.  What I don't understand is why anyone would supporting making it easier for them by allowing them to buy guns at fucking Walmart???

What's the difference between legally buying a gun in the sporting goods section of Walmart and buying one legally at Joe-Blow's rod and gun??????? Does buying a gun at Walmart make you more apt to be homicidal?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

asal

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"There will always be criminals and crazies who will get their hands on guns and commit crime.  What I don't understand is why anyone would supporting making it easier for them by allowing them to buy guns at fucking Walmart???

What's the difference between legally buying a gun in the sporting goods section of Walmart and buying one legally at Joe-Blow's rod and gun??????? Does buying a gun at Walmart make you more apt to be homicidal?

Joe Blow's rod and gun is slightly less convenient than Walmart.  We keep alcohol out of grocery stores atm - that's changing - but the purpose is to make it less readily available.

RW

My comment isn't limited to Walmart but Walmart is 24 hours where sporting goods stores aren't.

Is there really any doubt that limiting guns will reduce gun crime?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "asal"

Joe Blow's rod and gun is slightly less convenient than Walmart.  We keep alcohol out of grocery stores atm - that's changing - but the purpose is to make it less readily available.

How do you figure that? There is no difference in convenience.

Both a Rod and Gun and Walmart are bound by the same laws governing gun sales. Do you think Walmart shoppers are more likely to buy a gun while they are shopping for their cheap Chinese made junk and their potato chips?

The truth is a third of Walmart stores in the US don't even sell guns. I don't even remember the last time I was in a Walmart that even had a gun department. Furthermore Walmart hasn't sold handguns since 1993 and handguns are involved in the majority of gun related violence. AND no Walmart stores in the US sells so-called assault weapons since the Sandy Hook shooting.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Jesus Christ.  WTF do people need to buy "assault weapons" for?!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

My comment isn't limited to Walmart but Walmart is 24 hours where sporting goods stores aren't.

Is there really any doubt that limiting guns will reduce gun crime?

Walmart like any sporting goods store can only sell guns and ammunition between the the hours of 8:00 am and 10:00 pm.

Partly as in the case of ammunition, it's their policy and most importantly the federal NICS background data base and approval process is only operative between those hours. So it doesn't matter if the store is open 24 hrs.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Jesus Christ.  WTF do people need to buy "assault weapons" for?!

First you need to ask the question......what is an assault weapon?

Walmart and 99.9% of the gun retailers out there haven't sold actual assault weapons since 1934. "Assault weapon" is term coined by the anti-gun nuts and their media lap dogs for a semi-auto rifle that looks scarier than a semi-auto hunting rifle. Other than cosmetic appearance, there is no difference in function and capability between the two.

True assault weapons which are select fire weapons, capable of full auto fire, haven't been available to the general public since The National Firearms Act of 1934. Which was passed during prohibition to help combat organized crime.

I know I've explained this before ad nauseam but it never seems to sink in. Don't take this the wrong way because this criticism is not limited to you. I'm always kind of disturbed how so many people think they know what it takes to buy a gun legally in the US but in reality they don't really know anything other than hearsay and media propaganda. But at the same time that doesn't stop them from voicing an opinion no matter how misinformed it is.

This is why of late I have steered clear of discussions like this. I just don't have the patience anymore for the yammering and the bullshit. Why I got involved with it this time, I really don't know and I'm kicking myself in the ass for it.

RW

Renee, you cannot deny that fewer guns would mean fewer crimes related to guns.  There is no statistic in the world you can hide behind and no argument twisting that can be made to avoid that reality.

The question remains of how many school shootings need to happen before real change takes place?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Renee, you cannot deny that fewer guns would mean fewer crimes related to guns.  There is no statistic in the world you can hide behind and no argument twisting that can be made to avoid that reality.

The question remains of how many school shootings need to happen before real change takes place?

The US is awash in guns illegal and otherwise. If you think that passing laws limiting the legal sale of guns will change anything you are sadly mistaken. This isn't Canada nor is it Oz. You don't have the crime problem on the same scale that we do and you don't have the the population demographics or the immigration problems that we do.

Until politicians and their gun control schemes start to target the things that lead to gun violence, things will not change. As I have already stated previously (maybe you missed it), according to the BATF, 90% of the guns used in the commission of crimes come from illegal sources. Until those illegal sources are targeted and effectively shut down, the US will continue to struggle with a gun violence issue.  Unfortunately just as we are unable to shut down the illegal sale of drugs flooding our country, the illegal proliferation and sale of guns will continue at pace.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Shen Li"^Oh FFS, this is the kind of crap Romero would post. It was meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but also convey a point. Eliminating gun ownership won't necessarily lower violent crime rates. Also, we see the types of governments that do NOT trust their citizens with guns. A lot of them are pretty fucking scary.

But proper gun control does work. America's lack of gun control proves it.

Funny how you have to use ridiculous examples like Hitler and Stalin. It just goes to show that you can't use real world examples like Canada, Australia, the UK...

That image was meant to be facetious moron. However, Switzerland has a very rate of gun ownership. They rejected more restrictive gun laws via referendum. Is that a country now another South Africa? Hardly.

QuoteGetting rid of all guns wouldn't lower violent crime rates? Is that supposed to be a joke comment as well?

Restricting gun ownership is supposed to get rid of guns and thus violent crime? The same way that prohibition eliminated alcohol. ac_lmfao  This is a fucking joke right? Nobody could possibly be that fucking naïve? Maybe you just finished a big fattie before you wrote that.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Shen Li"^Oh FFS, this is the kind of crap Romero would post. It was meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but also convey a point. Eliminating gun ownership won't necessarily lower violent crime rates. Also, we see the types of governments that do NOT trust their citizens with guns. A lot of them are pretty fucking scary.

Funny how you have to use ridiculous examples like Hitler and Stalin. It just goes to show that you can't use real world examples like Canada, Australia, the UK...

That image was meant to be facetious moron. However, Switzerland has a very rate of gun ownership. They rejected more restrictive gun laws via referendum. Is that a country now another South Africa? Hardly.

QuoteGetting rid of all guns wouldn't lower violent crime rates? Is that supposed to be a joke comment as well?

Restricting gun ownership is supposed to get rid of guns and thus violent crime? The same way that prohibition eliminated alcohol. ac_lmfao  This is a fucking joke right? Nobody could possibly be that fucking naïve? Maybe you just finished a big fattie before you wrote that.

Funny how countries with strict gun laws have less gun crime.  

:crazy:
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I don't know where you get that silly idea from.

From wiki;

Violent crime accelerated in Jamaica [size=200]after handguns were heavily restricted [/size]and a special Gun Court established

RW

I don't know where you get that silly idea from.

From wiki;

Violent crime accelerated in Jamaica [size=200]after handguns were heavily restricted [/size]and a special Gun Court established

READ what I am saying....

GUN VIOLENCE DECREASES AS THE AVAILABILITY OF GUNS DECREASE.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"Renee, you cannot deny that fewer guns would mean fewer crimes related to guns.  There is no statistic in the world you can hide behind and no argument twisting that can be made to avoid that reality.

The US is awash in guns illegal and otherwise. If you think that passing laws limiting the legal sale of guns will change anything you are sadly mistaken. This isn't Canada nor is it Oz. You don't have the crime problem on the same scale that we do and you don't have the the population demographics or the immigration problems that we do.

Until politicians and their gun control schemes start to target the things that lead to gun violence, things will not change. As I have already stated previously (maybe you missed it), according to the BATF, 90% of the guns used in the commission of crimes come from illegal sources. Until those illegal sources are targeted and effectively shut down, the US will continue to struggle with a gun violence issue.  Unfortunately just as we are unable to shut down the illegal sale of drugs flooding our country, the illegal proliferation and sale of guns will continue at pace.

Put another way, your country is a basket case, divided by race and filled with resentment and anger. I agree that addressing the root cause of your violence is the smart way to go.

But since when has your government ever made smart decisions?

Your own President screams that the situation is both abhorrent and out of control, but each shrill, selfish, myopic and ignorant little yankee who owns a gun won't hear of surrendering it, because at the end of the day, you are a nation built on,fuelled and defined by fear.

Of each other, and the rest of the world.