The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

So, what's fer dinner?

Started by J0E, November 27, 2015, 11:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Mutton is just lamb with a pensioners card and a walker...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Mutton is just lamb with a pensioners card and a walker...

I ate a lot it in the Middle East. I aint crazy about it.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Mutton is just lamb with a pensioners card and a walker...

I'm like that with goat...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"It needs to be cooked slow in low heat and for hours covered in the oven in a dutch oven, Fash, while it cooks in stock, red wine, vegetables, and herbs like rosemary and thyme and then it should be off-the-bone tender. It can be yummy when done right. You don't want it tough.

If you cook real lamb too long, it dissolves, it's so tender.

If you're cooking Mutton, (sheep 2 years and older) then yeah, slow cooking is the go.

When my aunty was living with me briefly, I cooked a lamb leg chop stew so she had something nice to come home to after work. That's the large pieces of meat with the bone in the middle and no fat, and because I didn't check it and cooked it a bit too long, most of it ended up a thick gravy and she thought we cheated her out of her chop.

Lamb shank broth is one of the nicest soups you can make because it has tiny bits of barley in it. These days though, grocers charge like a wounded bull for lamb shanks.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

I got 6 crayfish two days ago.

My uncle and aunty are twins celebrating their 80th birthday next month... the party is cancelled due to the Chinese Virus crack down so we got the crayfish. I normally only get 3 but to get 6 in one go was fantastic.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"

My uncle and aunty are twins celebrating their 80th birthday next month... the party is cancelled due to the Chinese Virus crack down so we got the crayfish. I normally only get 3 but to get 6 in one go was fantastic.

Is that sufficient enough? Are they large enough to offer much meat?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Are you talking about the Crayfish (Rock Lobster)?

I don't understand your question.
- Andy Warhol

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, the crayfish. I seem to imagine there is not much meat there.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

caskur

When I crack one open, you will see how much meat is in a tail.... 500 grams maybe. Later today, I'll crack 2... I have to eat them today. 2 are in the freezer for another time. I'll make Crayfish Mornay. (Basically a cheesy white sauce.) Béchamel sauce.
- Andy Warhol

@realAzhyaAryola

When I crack one open, you will see how much meat is in a tail.... 500 grams maybe. Later today, I'll crack 2... I have to eat them today. 2 are in the freezer for another time. I'll make Crayfish Mornay. (Basically a cheesy white sauce.) Béchamel sauce.

Yes, I love lobster tail. Perhaps I'm just not used to calling it crayfish. Sounds divine.
@realAzhyaAryola

caskur

Yes, I love lobster tail. Perhaps I'm just not used to calling it crayfish. Sounds divine.

Yes, it is called crayfish here but when it's sold overseas to the China and the USA it's Rock Lobster. I believe Canada has a Lobster industry too.

They tried to change our language but we were resisstent...lol They are trying to make us call Fairy Pengins, Little Pengins. White Pointers = Great White and so on.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I made Rock Lobster Mornay. I know it looks thick but that's because it hasn't been heated up yet. There is a little moisture in the lobster that renders out, thinning the sauce.

There is plenty of white meat in lobsters...
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I made Rock Lobster Mornay. I know it looks thick but that's because it hasn't been heated up yet. There is a little moisture in the lobster that renders out, thinning the sauce.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Frood

Hygiene, Caskur.... hygiene!
Blahhhhhh...

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"I made Rock Lobster Mornay. I know it looks thick but that's because it hasn't been heated up yet. There is a little moisture in the lobster that renders out, thinning the sauce.

That looks great. You got me thinking of lobster now. Haha. I used to have a large pot to steam my lobsters. I love lobster meat.
@realAzhyaAryola