Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Scott Weiland passes away at age 48

Started by Anonymous, December 04, 2015, 09:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Scott Weiland, whose extraordinary career as the lead singer of the Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver was overshadowed by his unending battle with drug addiction, has died.

He was 48.

His manager, Tom Vitorino, confirmed his death, but he didn't disclose the cause.

Weiland was on tour with the band, The Wildabouts. Cocaine was found in his tour bus bedroom near his body, the Bloomington, Minnesota, police department said.

Another band member, Tommy Black, was arrested on suspicion of fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, but has not been formally charged, police said. Authorities said cocaine was found in the area of the bus occupied by Black.

Deputy Chief Denis Otterness told CNN that authorities don't believe Weiland's death is connected to Black's possession case.

"There was nothing that appeared suspicious at the scene, and no evidence of foul play," he said.

In addition to the small quantity of cocaine discovered, police collected other evidence, but their news release didn't describe those items.

"Scott Weiland, best known as the lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, passed away in his sleep while on a tour stop in Bloomington, Minnesota, with his band The Wildabouts," a statement on his Facebook page said. "At this time we ask that the privacy of Scott's family be respected."

His old band also posted a statement.

"Let us start by saying thank you for sharing your life with us," Stone Temple Pilots members Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz wrote. 'Together we crafted a legacy of music that has given so many people happiness and great memories. The memories are many, and they run deep for us."

They continued, "You were gifted beyond words, Scott. Part of that gift was part of your curse. With deep sorrow for you and your family, we are saddened to see you go. All of our love and respect. We will miss you brother."

Anonymous

The only surprise here is that he lived to be 48. At least he wasn't one of those self-righteous, hypocritical celebutards who preach to us.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"The only surprise here is that he lived to be 48. At least he wasn't one of those self-righteous, hypocritical celebutards who preach to us.

He had struggles, I don't deny that..

But, his contributions to music cannot be denied..

My husband liked STP and Velvet Revolver.

Renee

He was an impressive talent. Unfortunately he did his best work when he was on drugs. Apparently being fucked up for most of his adult life also killed him.

What a waste. :sad:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"The only surprise here is that he lived to be 48. At least he wasn't one of those self-righteous, hypocritical celebutards who preach to us.

He had struggles, I don't deny that..

But, his contributions to music cannot be denied..

My husband liked STP and Velvet Revolver.

Whatever, don't care.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"He was an impressive talent. Unfortunately he did his best work when he was on drugs. Apparently being fucked up for most of his adult life also killed him.

A search I did a few minutes ago indicated he had some drugs in his bedroom when they found his body.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/rocker-scott-weiland-died-cardiac-arrest-report-article-1.2455168">http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2455168">http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/rocker-scott-weiland-died-cardiac-arrest-report-article-1.2455168

How sad.

J0E

Quote from: "Renee"He was an impressive talent. Unfortunately he did his best work when he was on drugs. Apparently being fucked up for most of his adult life also killed him.

Well, there's another way of looking at it...perhaps some people aren't meant to live on this earth for too long.

They have a purpose in life, but then when it's fulfilled, it gets extinguished.

I don't think it was any more a waste than comedian Robin Williams passing.

They burned bright when they were here, but their uncontrolled energy eventually burnt itself out.

Anonymous

Quote from: "J0E"

Well, there's another way of looking at it...perhaps some people aren't meant to live on this earth for too long.

They have a purpose in life, but then when it's fulfilled, it gets extinguished.

I don't think it was any more a waste than comedian Robin Williams passing.

They burned bright when they were here, but their uncontrolled energy eventually burnt itself out.

JOE, I believe in predestination, but Scott had a wife and two children..

He died young and the people that loved him are grieving.

Anonymous

the shark hunter

... sad news.  my nostalgia for the '90s made this one depressing to hear ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... sad news.  my nostalgia for the '90s made this one depressing to hear ...

My husband felt the same way the shark hunter.

@realAzhyaAryola

Who!? Sorry, never heard of him. May he rest in peace.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Who!? Sorry, never heard of him. May he rest in peace.

You're not missing anything AA. Good to see you back. ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Who!? Sorry, never heard of him. May he rest in peace.

He was the vocalist for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver.

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_hithere Hiya, ladies!

Different strokes for different folks indeed, Shen and Fash. I don't recall listening to any music by those bands.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]