Started by Anonymous, December 06, 2015, 05:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Renee"The body has to eat and I'm not the type to take handouts.

It's all about survival. It's a harsh world and I was taught that you better be prepared to scratch and claw for everything and that means, among other things, gainful employment.

I grew up on a farm. I was driving combines when I was ten. My ex wife and I made a mistake with our son. We both grew up on farms and working from kids and we thought it was best that we not make our son work as a kid. What a mistake that was. He is 24 and does not take work or life seriously.

You aren't alone. I have a few extended family members that are the same way and they are a lot older than 24.  :mad:

A few of them have never held a legit job in their lives. They steal and scam people like it's only way to live. A few of them are quite good at it; still a few others have spent time in prison for it because they aren't good at it. But that doesn't change them one bit.

I believe that you are either born with an inner drive or spark which is easily nurtured under the right circumstances or you simply aren't. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't born with that inner drive and they just float along in life no matter what or how they are nurtured or raised. At 24 I'm not sure you can judge someone as not being serious about life or work especially when they are still under mommy and daddies wing. Perhaps a taste of reality will bring him around, it usually does.  ac_biggrin

My son is in Australia right now. When he's out of money, he'll come home and live off of me or his mother. I was a dad at his age and paying a mortgage.

I am a lot older than 24 and I am still single. I feel pressure from family to get married right away and have a son.

Traditionally, Asian parents have very specific expectations of their sons.

And my parents are traditional.

keeper

Before I lost both my legs I worked for the money and enjoyment

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Before I lost both my legs I worked for the money and enjoyment

I would like to ask, but don't discuss it if you do not want to.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Renee"The body has to eat and I'm not the type to take handouts.

It's all about survival. It's a harsh world and I was taught that you better be prepared to scratch and claw for everything and that means, among other things, gainful employment.

I grew up on a farm. I was driving combines when I was ten. My ex wife and I made a mistake with our son. We both grew up on farms and working from kids and we thought it was best that we not make our son work as a kid. What a mistake that was. He is 24 and does not take work or life seriously.

You aren't alone. I have a few extended family members that are the same way and they are a lot older than 24.  :mad:

A few of them have never held a legit job in their lives. They steal and scam people like it's only way to live. A few of them are quite good at it; still a few others have spent time in prison for it because they aren't good at it. But that doesn't change them one bit.

I believe that you are either born with an inner drive or spark which is easily nurtured under the right circumstances or you simply aren't. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't born with that inner drive and they just float along in life no matter what or how they are nurtured or raised. At 24 I'm not sure you can judge someone as not being serious about life or work especially when they are still under mommy and daddies wing. Perhaps a taste of reality will bring him around, it usually does.  ac_biggrin

My son is in Australia right now. When he's out of money, he'll come home and live off of me or his mother. I was a dad at his age and paying a mortgage.

I am a lot older than 24 and I am still single. I feel pressure from family to get married right away and have a son.

Traditionally, Asian parents have very specific expectations of their sons.

And my parents are traditional.

That's what I gathered seoulbro.

Annie

Quote from: "Keeper"Before I lost both my legs I worked for the money and enjoyment

Holy shit Keep, what do you mean by lost both your legs? I knew you have stuff going on but I didn't know that.. Or do you mean hyperthetically?  Did I spell that right?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"

Holy shit Keep, what do you mean by lost both your legs? I knew you have stuff going on but I didn't know that.. Or do you mean hyperthetically?  Did I spell that right?

It was close enough GrAnnie, we know what you mean.

keeper

A comment I should have kept to myself.

Annie

No worries Keep, if ya want just go delete it and my comment and we won't blab about it ya know. But you are among friends here and if you ever want to share anything, you can. Hugs to you  acc_hugz
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"No worries Keep, if ya want just go delete it and my comment and we won't blab about it ya know. But you are among friends here and if you ever want to share anything, you can. Hugs to you  acc_hugz

Yeah, that's how I feel about it too Annie. I sure as hell won't mention it anymore.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"No worries Keep, if ya want just go delete it and my comment and we won't blab about it ya know. But you are among friends here and if you ever want to share anything, you can. Hugs to you  acc_hugz

I agree GrAnnie.

keeper

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"acc_hugz

ac_smile

Anonymous

I am working the least days I have ever worked in Canada at peak season this year. I am so glad I got service rig experience. Most of the jobs I am consulting on this year are workovers and abandonments. It's a lower day rate than making hole.

keeper

You In Alberta Herman?  I have talked to a few old employees I used to work with ( oil field related ) and they are only working 3 or 4 days a week.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"You In Alberta Herman?  I have talked to a few old employees I used to work with ( oil field related ) and they are only working 3 or 4 days a week.

I am at home today Keeper. I have two possibly three workover jobs coming up. They are in the Wabasca are and then home again for a few days unless more work comes up while I am out. I had some work near Meadow Lake Saskatchewan I was hoping for, but it's on hold. Peace country will have some work for me this winter.