*For money?

*To make a difference?

*Make sure you pay your fair share?

*You thrive on it?

*You want to help others?

*Achievement?

*You like what you do?

*Other

Look folks, I am not trying to be sanctimonious. Any reason you give is valid and I will not judge. I would check all the reasons I stated. I could not imagine doing anything else besides what I do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"*For money?

*To make a difference?

*You thrive on it?

*Achievement?

*You like what you do?

*Other

Look folks, I am not trying to be sanctimonious. Any reason you give is valid and I will not judge. I would check all the reasons I stated. I could not imagine doing anything else besides what I do.

First would be for my family..

Everything else is far behind that.

Anonymous

*To make a difference?

*You thrive on it?

*Achievement?

*You like what you do?

*Other

What a stupid question. :crazy:

Anonymous

*To make a difference?

*You thrive on it?

*Achievement?

*You like what you do?

*Other

Money and I don't know how to do anything other than the patch.

Renee

The body has to eat and I'm not the type to take handouts.

It's all about survival. It's a harsh world and I was taught that you better be prepared to scratch and claw for everything and that means, among other things, gainful employment.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"The body has to eat and I'm not the type to take handouts.

It's all about survival. It's a harsh world and I was taught that you better be prepared to scratch and claw for everything and that means, among other things, gainful employment.

I grew up on a farm. I was driving combines when I was ten. My ex wife and I made a mistake with our son. We both grew up on farms and working from kids and we thought it was best that we not make our son work as a kid. What a mistake that was. He is 24 and does not take work or life seriously.

kiebers

I do not live to work. I work to live and all that entails.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"I do not live to work. I work to live and all that entails.

I work to live too I would say.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"

I grew up on a farm. I was driving combines when I was ten. My ex wife and I made a mistake with our son. We both grew up on farms and working from kids and we thought it was best that we not make our son work as a kid. What a mistake that was. He is 24 and does not take work or life seriously.

You aren't alone. I have a few extended family members that are the same way and they are a lot older than 24.  :mad:

A few of them have never held a legit job in their lives. They steal and scam people like it's only way to live. A few of them are quite good at it; still a few others have spent time in prison for it because they aren't good at it. But that doesn't change them one bit.

I believe that you are either born with an inner drive or spark which is easily nurtured under the right circumstances or you simply aren't. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't born with that inner drive and they just float along in life no matter what or how they are nurtured or raised. At 24 I'm not sure you can judge someone as not being serious about life or work especially when they are still under mommy and daddies wing. Perhaps a taste of reality will bring him around, it usually does.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

You aren't alone. I have a few extended family members that are the same way and they are a lot older than 24.  :mad:

A few of them have never held a legit job in their lives. They steal and scam people like it's only way to live. A few of them are quite good at it; still a few others have spent time in prison for it because they aren't good at it. But that doesn't change them one bit.

I believe that you are either born with an inner drive or spark which is easily nurtured under the right circumstances or you simply aren't. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't born with that inner drive and they just float along in life no matter what or how they are nurtured or raised. At 24 I'm not sure you can judge someone as not being serious about life or work especially when they are still under mommy and daddies wing. Perhaps a taste of reality will bring him around, it usually does.  ac_biggrin

My son is in Australia right now. When he's out of money, he'll come home and live off of me or his mother. I was a dad at his age and paying a mortgage.

Renee

My son is in Australia right now. When he's out of money, he'll come home and live off of me or his mother. I was a dad at his age and paying a mortgage.

Australia! Good God man get him out of there before he is completely deluded into thinking that he is all that and a bag of chips. Does he like the flies, deadly insects and snakes so much that he has chosen to live there? Maybe you need to punch him in the head. :laugh:

Seriously though he is still young. If he is 28 or 30 and still hasn't gotten his shit together, then you have a real problem. Just hope he doesn't find a like minded woman and marry her. They will be living in an apartment in your basement until you die.  :laugh:

Anonymous

Australia! Good God man get him out of there before he is completely deluded into thinking that he is all that and a bag of chips. Does he like the flies, deadly insects and snakes so much that he has chosen to live there? Maybe you need to punch him in the head. :laugh:

Seriously though he is still young. If he is 28 or 30 and still hasn't gotten his shit together, then you have a real problem. Just hope he doesn't find a like minded woman and marry her. They will be living in an apartment in your basement until you die.  :laugh:

I hope you are right. The ex and I cannot relate to this kid. We spoiled him rotten and it shows.

Anonymous

Some people take longer to transition into adulthood Herman..

I agree with Renee, twenty four is too young to say he's not serious about life.

Anonymous

I am a lot older than 24 and I am still single. I feel pressure from family to get married right away and have a son.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I am a lot older than 24 and I am still single. I feel pressure from family to get married right away and have a son.

Traditionally, Asian parents have very specific expectations of their sons.