News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

should we make this subforum a free for all?

Started by Anonymous, December 17, 2015, 10:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

So you're okay with racist/hate speech garbage?  Posters calling others things like "cunt", "faggot", etc?  Constant attacks on posters?  Talk about poo and what it looks and smells like?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So you're okay with racist/hate speech garbage?  Posters calling others things like "cunt", "faggot", etc?  Constant attacks on posters?  Talk about poo and what it looks and smells like?

When have I ever posted anything like that? I am interested in issues and I ignore that noise.

RW

I'm saying that is what this subforum will become if we just let it ride as is being proposed.

I know you're not that kind of poster silly billy!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm saying that is what this subforum will become if we just let it ride as is being proposed.

I know you're not that kind of poster silly billy!

I'm only saying that if you allowed one section to post as they wish, it might mean increased traffic. Let's face it, some people like the mindless stuff. You would still have the main board and politics for the adult posters.

RW

Why do we want to encourage a bunch of fuck sticks to come and post shit?  I don't understand the rationale behind it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Why do we want to encourage a bunch of fuck sticks to come and post shit?  I don't understand the rationale behind it.

If you attract pond slime, it will also mean some gems. An example of that is shin. The best part is you can fence off the special needs kids.

RW

But we don't allow the slime and we still get to hang with shin on occasion....
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"But we don't allow the slime and we still get to hang with shin on occasion....

There are other shins out there. But, they want places with traffic.

Do not misunderstand me. My posts in a free for all rr would be few and far between.

RW

I'm just trying to understand why we should allow garbage as a means of gaining traffic.  It feels like selling out to me.

Once you let the rats in, it's not easy to keep them in their corner.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

J0E

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "J0E"'Seems reject rodeo, firewalkers and guest posting are more or less the same thing, so they should be merged into one subforum instead of 3. But if the mods still want the 3 separate divisions then make them as 3 separate threads within the merged subforum. This would free up space in the forum for other endeavors.

There's too many subforums too similar to one another and this makes the forum

sprawl too much.

Thank you for your thoughts on this JOE.

ac_smile

The other thing is that Politics and Extremism are more or less the same topic.

So instead of 7 sub-forums at most you should have is around 4.

But if you decided to make the money thread into a sub-forum, it would make it 5.

Personally, I think the one about money and economics should be a separate sub-forum unto itself.

It would give it greater flow. How about making seoulbro the mod of that one?

Seems there's too much waste of space in this forum.

Just my three pence tho'.

Renee

Quote from: "J0E"
Quote from: "J0E"'Seems reject rodeo, firewalkers and guest posting are more or less the same thing, so they should be merged into one subforum instead of 3. But if the mods still want the 3 separate divisions then make them as 3 separate threads within the merged subforum. This would free up space in the forum for other endeavors.

sprawl too much.

ac_smile

So instead of 7 sub-forums at most you should have is around 4.

But if you decided to make the money thread into a sub-forum, it would make it 5.

Personally, I think the one about money and economics should be a separate sub-forum unto itself.

It would give it greater flow. How about making seoulbro the mod of that one?

Seems there's too much waste of space in this forum.

Just my three pence tho'.

Oh definitely.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "J0E"

sprawl too much.

ac_smile

[size=120]So instead of 7 sub-forums at most you should have is around 4.

Says the one that has a forum that consists of 34 sub forums.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

keeper

If posters want to post on a free for all site they can go post on Evs Toilet Forum.

This place has more class. ac_biggrin

So NO to free for all.

keeper

sprawl too much.

I think someone needs to explain the sub forums to you, they are NOTHING alike Joe.

Reject Rodeo or RR = Assholes that dont know how to post and stuffed in there to be poked with a stick.

Firewalkers = For people to take their anger out on another poster (with class)

Guest Posting = for guests, Duh.

And get a fucken Avatar already ffs.

merry fucken xmas

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview