News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10412
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:42:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Should the Divorce Laws in Canada and the USA be overhauled?

Started by J0E, December 30, 2015, 01:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Sorry about posting something in 2 threads, but this one belongs here

I always loved this fun one of Roy's  - Can't find a live version

Thank God and Greyhound She's Gone - His lighthearted parody of country music

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGLHrrEKOYk
That's a funny song.

Anonymous

Quote from: "J0E"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Mate and I each took 2 brief tries with others. Both of us afflicted with the dreaded slow learning curve for selection, we finally got it right

It took for both of us right from its insane crazy start and continues to be an increasing  pleasure for 25 years, a definite keeper for both of us ... "still crazy after all these years"  :sneaky2:

3rd time lucky, very lucky  ac_smile .. hang in there, choose wisely and for reasons that matter most to you. It can happen in the end

I got married and became a dad young. We grew up together and I still talk to my ex even though we both remarried. Second time around much better. I met her while working in Indonesia, but she is not Indonesian. There is an age difference between us and a cultural divide that seems to get smaller with the passing of time.

...and she'd move all the way to Saskatchewan with you? Man, that must be a leap of faith to jump into those prairie winters, eh Herman?

-40C somewhere in Saskatchewan

This is my second time around. It is hard to be married doing what I do for work, but I was lucky more than a decade ago to find someone who can accept the lifestyle. My little Asian sweetheart has put her career on hold to follow me to some inhospitable places around this big old world. My little farm in Saskatchewan is paradise if you compare where I had taken her. I am making less money and working less now, but my sweetheart is happy to be working and that makes me happy. I am returning the favor for her sacrifices.

And I know you do not think too highly of us divorced and remarried folks. But this time has been a charm for me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "J0E"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Mate and I each took 2 brief tries with others. Both of us afflicted with the dreaded slow learning curve for selection, we finally got it right

It took for both of us right from its insane crazy start and continues to be an increasing  pleasure for 25 years, a definite keeper for both of us ... "still crazy after all these years"  :sneaky2:

3rd time lucky, very lucky  ac_smile .. hang in there, choose wisely and for reasons that matter most to you. It can happen in the end

I got married and became a dad young. We grew up together and I still talk to my ex even though we both remarried. Second time around much better. I met her while working in Indonesia, but she is not Indonesian. There is an age difference between us and a cultural divide that seems to get smaller with the passing of time.

...and she'd move all the way to Saskatchewan with you? Man, that must be a leap of faith to jump into those prairie winters, eh Herman?

-40C somewhere in Saskatchewan

This is my second time around. It is hard to be married doing what I do for work, but I was lucky more than a decade ago to find someone who can accept the lifestyle. My little Asian sweetheart has put her career on hold to follow me to some inhospitable places around this big old world. My little farm in Saskatchewan is paradise if you compare where I had taken her. I am making less money and working less now, but my sweetheart is happy to be working and that makes me happy. I am returning the favor for her sacrifices.

And I know you do not think too highly of us divorced and remarried folks. But this time has been a charm for me.

You are a very good man Herman..

Your wife is very fortunate.

ac_smile

@realAzhyaAryola

I personally do not care for politically correctness but I must say that I would not want to be referred to as the "little Asian so and so..." No offense, Herman, but I would just leave that out and that's just my opinion on the matter anyway and no one has to agree. It still makes me wonder why some people say that--"my little Asian wife." Why "little?" I never hear "my little black wife or my little white wife." To the speaker, it could be a term of endearment so that's fine but I've said what I think of it.

Anyway, as far as your comment about how some people don't think too highly of divorced and remarried folks, well the hell with them hypocrites! Who are they to judge? They're no better in my opinion. Show me someone who has nothing to hide or no flaws they'd rather not share. The ones who are the worse are those who have been divorced and remarried and yet act high and mighty when you mention your own divorce and relationship issues like they never came from a failed one. Bwahahaha! What blatant hypocrites those people are indeed! Fuckers.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I personally do not care for politically correctness but I must say that I would not want to be referred to as the "little Asian so and so..." No offense, Herman, but I would just leave that out and that's just my opinion on the matter anyway and no one has to agree. It still makes me wonder why some people say that--"my little Asian wife." Why "little?" I never hear "my little black wife or my little white wife." To the speaker, it could be a term of endearment so that's fine but I've said what I think of it.

Anyway, as far as your comment about how some people don't think too highly of divorced and remarried folks, well the hell with them hypocrites! Who are they to judge? They're no better in my opinion. Show me someone who has nothing to hide or no flaws they'd rather not share. The ones who are the worse are those who have been divorced and remarried and yet act high and mighty when you mention your own divorce and relationship issues like they never came from a failed one. Bwahahaha! What blatant hypocrites those people are indeed! Fuckers.

I know I am never going to win an award for Blue Cashew's most politically correct poster. But, I have tried to be careful what I say. I have worked thirty years on drilling and service rigs. The language I use on the job would make odinson blush like a little girl. This aint no lease, so I try to clean up the tongue. It's frickn hard sometimes which is why I have the signature I do. I would never deliberately disrespect my angel of a wife. But, I am glad you pointed out how some people view the way I refer to her.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I personally do not care for politically correctness but I must say that I would not want to be referred to as the "little Asian so and so..." No offense, Herman, but I would just leave that out and that's just my opinion on the matter anyway and no one has to agree. It still makes me wonder why some people say that--"my little Asian wife." Why "little?" I never hear "my little black wife or my little white wife." To the speaker, it could be a term of endearment so that's fine but I've said what I think of it.

That's just the way he talks.

RW

I know I am never going to win an award for Blue Cashew's most politically correct poster. But, I have tried to be careful what I say. I have worked thirty years on drilling and service rigs. The language I use on the job would make odinson blush like a little girl. This aint no lease, so I try to clean up the tongue. It's frickn hard sometimes which is why I have the signature I do. I would never deliberately disrespect my angel of a wife. But, I am glad you pointed out how some people view the way I refer to her.

I thought it was sweet and endearing.  You can tell how much you love and care about her.  

I don't care how many times someone has to marry until they find the love of their life.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I thought it was sweet and endearing.  You can tell how much you love and care about her.  

I don't care how many times someone has to marry until they find the love of their life.

I thought is sweet too RW...

It's not up to me to judge anyone for being remarried no matter how many times.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Well thank you RW.

Anonymous

The have-notley government is searching for 96 people(both men and women) who a combined $6.6 million  in court-ordered Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) payments to their spouses and children in Alberta as of Oct. 2015, an average of roughly $69,500 each.

QuoteThey owe millions to their spouses and children in Alberta — and they've vanished.

The Alberta government is seeking tips on the whereabouts of 96 people who owe a combined total of $6.6 million in court-ordered Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) payments to their spouses and children in Alberta as of Oct. 2015, an average of roughly $69,500 each.

The government lists them online, including photos and physical descriptions, in an aim to have the public help find them. Only people who have defaulted on their payments for more than six months and cannot be found through extensive employment searches and motor vehicle registrations or have an arrest warrant requested by MEP are listed online.

"Child, spousal and partner support is a critical responsibility," said Justice Minister Kathleen Ganley.

"This web page is a useful tool we use to track down the hardest to find debtors in the MEP. It helps Albertans obtain the court-ordered funds to support their family's well-being."

The "help us find" portion of the website is a "last resort tool" that's proven to work, says the government. When the number of debtors spiked to 145 people in 2009, Albertans helped locate 76 people on the list. In 2014, they helped find 19 people.

The government acknowledges "potential privacy concerns" on the page, but says the profiles are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by MEP investigators before any information is posted online.

Of the 96 debtors listed, 93 are men and 3 are women. A majority come from urban areas, with 26 debtors from the Edmonton region and 29 from Calgary and surrounding communities. The youngest person listed is 31 while the oldest is 70.

The debtors are largely men working in the trades, with former employers in construction, plumbing, carpentry, transportation or oilfield-related work. The list also includes people who have worked as cooks, IT systems analysts, car dealers and even one former real estate agent for Century 21.

Alberta and Ontario are currently the only Canadian provinces that list debtors information online in order to ask for tips, but the "help us find" tool is commonly used by versions of the MEP in several jurisdictions in the Unites States.

The names, photos and profiles are at https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_services/mep/Pages/helpUsFindlistDebtors.aspx">https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_ser ... btors.aspx">https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_services/mep/Pages/helpUsFindlistDebtors.aspx

The MEP tip line is 780-401-8477 or toll free in Alberta at 310-0000.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"That's just the way he talks.

Fine. That's also just how I feel about the matter which I continue to stand by.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Shen Li"That's just the way he talks.

Fine. That's also just how I feel about the matter which I continue to stand by.

Nobody's asking either of you to change. You're both respected posters.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"The have-notley government is searching for 96 people(both men and women) who a combined $6.6 million  in court-ordered Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) payments to their spouses and children in Alberta as of Oct. 2015, an average of roughly $69,500 each.

QuoteThey owe millions to their spouses and children in Alberta — and they've vanished.

The Alberta government is seeking tips on the whereabouts of 96 people who owe a combined total of $6.6 million in court-ordered Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) payments to their spouses and children in Alberta as of Oct. 2015, an average of roughly $69,500 each.

The government lists them online, including photos and physical descriptions, in an aim to have the public help find them. Only people who have defaulted on their payments for more than six months and cannot be found through extensive employment searches and motor vehicle registrations or have an arrest warrant requested by MEP are listed online.

"Child, spousal and partner support is a critical responsibility," said Justice Minister Kathleen Ganley.

"This web page is a useful tool we use to track down the hardest to find debtors in the MEP. It helps Albertans obtain the court-ordered funds to support their family's well-being."

The "help us find" portion of the website is a "last resort tool" that's proven to work, says the government. When the number of debtors spiked to 145 people in 2009, Albertans helped locate 76 people on the list. In 2014, they helped find 19 people.

The government acknowledges "potential privacy concerns" on the page, but says the profiles are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by MEP investigators before any information is posted online.

Of the 96 debtors listed, 93 are men and 3 are women. A majority come from urban areas, with 26 debtors from the Edmonton region and 29 from Calgary and surrounding communities. The youngest person listed is 31 while the oldest is 70.

The debtors are largely men working in the trades, with former employers in construction, plumbing, carpentry, transportation or oilfield-related work. The list also includes people who have worked as cooks, IT systems analysts, car dealers and even one former real estate agent for Century 21.

Alberta and Ontario are currently the only Canadian provinces that list debtors information online in order to ask for tips, but the "help us find" tool is commonly used by versions of the MEP in several jurisdictions in the Unites States.

The names, photos and profiles are at https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_services/mep/Pages/helpUsFindlistDebtors.aspx">https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_ser ... btors.aspx">https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_services/mep/Pages/helpUsFindlistDebtors.aspx

Women walking away from their obligation to their children.

:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"The have-notley government is searching for 96 people(both men and women) who a combined $6.6 million  in court-ordered Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) payments to their spouses and children in Alberta as of Oct. 2015, an average of roughly $69,500 each.

Women walking away from their obligation to their children.

:shock:

Men who don't pay child support are not men, and women who do the same are still girls.

J0E

I don't see what's wrong with Herman referring to his spouse as a little Asian Wife.

I have a Canadian friend who married a Vietnamese wife as 'the little woman'.

He's a foot taller than she is. But he loves her and has been married for over 10 years.

Actually he moved to Vietnam and he doesn't live here anymore.

Y'know, there are so many North American guys who are avoiding North American women because they feel they're not worth the trouble, they're too demanding, their asking price is too high and they've put themselves out of reach. So many of my friends in Canada are divorced and owing lots of alimony and child support. They get deserted, and although their marriages didn't last, the divorce does and they'll keep paying until death do them part. Marriage was supposed to be permanent, but now it's the opposite way around.

Actually, if I was serious about marriage, I'd do 'a Herman' myself, and look for a wife outside of North America and move outta here like my friend did & live happily ever after. Even if the marriage didn't last, at least the penalty wouldn't be so severe.

I have a friend from the Philippines and he says there is no divorce in that country. And even it doesn't work out, there's no alimony either, so the penalties upon a man aren't so severe as they are in Canada or the US.  He tells me its common for a Philippine man to have several mistresses without paying the consequences over there. That place is what many would consider 'a man's country' as opposed to what North America has become.