The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Want to Lose Weight?...Eat Shit.

Started by Renee, January 12, 2016, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote[size=150]Freeze-dried poop pills being tested for obesity treatment[/size]

Trial will offer some of the first human data on microbe transplants and weight.

'The freeze-dried poop method' might not sound like a weight-loss strategy that would catch on, but—as some researchers are now testing—it may be an effective way to slim down.

In a randomized, controlled clinical trial starting this year, researchers will test out such a fecal formula for the treatment of obesity. They'll also try to glean critical details about the human microbiome and its role in our health and metabolism. The trial, led by Elaine Yu, an assistant professor and clinical researcher at Massachusetts General Hospital, will involve taking fecal samples from lean, healthy donors then freeze-drying the stool, putting a gram or two into capsules, and giving them to 20 obese patients.

Such poop-packed pills, which are designed to replace a person's intestinal microbes with those from a donor via their feces, have proven effective at treating tenacious gut infections. This has led researchers to ponder whether the transplants could remedy other health problems, including obesity and metabolic disorders. A few animal studies and some anecdotal data in humans suggests the answer is yes—and Yu hopes to get a final answer with the upcoming trial.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/01/freeze-dried-poop-pills-being-tested-for-obesity-treatment/">http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/01/ ... treatment/">http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/01/freeze-dried-poop-pills-being-tested-for-obesity-treatment/
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
I remember reading about fecal transplants being used as a treatment for something that I can't recall. Now you can take it orally.

RW

It's used to treat C. difficile.  It's a bacteria overgrowth usually caused from using anti-biotics.  They do fecal transplants by putting a hose down one end or up the other.  

Frankly, I'd rather be fat.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"It's used to treat C. difficile.  It's a bacteria overgrowth usually caused from using anti-biotics.  They do fecal transplants by putting a hose down one end or up the other.  

Frankly, I'd rather be fat.

That's what I was thinking. With my luck it wouldn't work and I'd be left with shit breath. :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

I should get credit for being a pioneer on this issue.  I've been telling people to eat shit for years!
Beware of Gaslighters!

reel

Something like 60% of the average person's non-water weight is bacteria, the majority of it performing beneficial functions.  This means that more of the mass that makes up "you" is actually other life forms than your own biological components.  Effectively, we are symbiotes with the bacteria that run many of the important functions in our bodies.  

Despite the terrible PR move, this treatment isn't so much about "eating shit" as it is about trying to correct a flaw in the culture of your symbiotic partner.  However, simply recognizing that this arrangement exists, understanding the needs of your partners, and working with them would probably go a long way towards preventing problems in the first place.  For instance, slaughtering them with broad spectrum antibiotics and then not actively repairing the damage could very easily allow an unfriendly dictator to take control of the colony and perform a little bit of selective genocide with not enough natives left to resist (like C. Difficile, but there are other less extreme imbalances as well).  I don't think we generally understand enough about the conditions that benefit or harm our colonies of little friends to know how to correct issues, other than by heavy handed solutions like the subject transplant, but I'm sure subtler solutions exist.

I suspect most people don't really want to think about the fact that their bodies are riddled and teeming with bacteria, nor that they are completely reliant on them for survival, but it is something we should all think about.

RW

I actually love that I'm a walking bio system :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "reel"Something like 60% of the average person's non-water weight is bacteria, the majority of it performing beneficial functions.  This means that more of the mass that makes up "you" is actually other life forms than your own biological components.  Effectively, we are symbiotes with the bacteria that run many of the important functions in our bodies.  

Despite the terrible PR move, this treatment isn't so much about "eating shit" as it is about trying to correct a flaw in the culture of your symbiotic partner.  However, simply recognizing that this arrangement exists, understanding the needs of your partners, and working with them would probably go a long way towards preventing problems in the first place.  For instance, slaughtering them with broad spectrum antibiotics and then not actively repairing the damage could very easily allow an unfriendly dictator to take control of the colony and perform a little bit of selective genocide with not enough natives left to resist (like C. Difficile, but there are other less extreme imbalances as well).  I don't think we generally understand enough about the conditions that benefit or harm our colonies of little friends to know how to correct issues, other than by heavy handed solutions like the subject transplant, but I'm sure subtler solutions exist.

Yeah, it's called "urine therapy".  ac_biggrin

reel

Yeah, it's called "urine therapy".  ac_biggrin

Lol.  Jackass.

reel

Quote from: "RW"I actually love that I'm a walking bio system :)

Apparently puddles of blue-green algae slime have managed to quickly and effectively navigate a labyrinth to reach a food source.

Whenever I say something mean, it's my bacterial culture talking, I swear.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"Something like 60% of the average person's non-water weight is bacteria, the majority of it performing beneficial functions.  This means that more of the mass that makes up "you" is actually other life forms than your own biological components.  Effectively, we are symbiotes with the bacteria that run many of the important functions in our bodies.  

I suspect most people don't really want to think about the fact that their bodies are riddled and teeming with bacteria, nor that they are completely reliant on them for survival, but it is something we should all think about.

Hello reel, it's so nice to see you again.

ac_smile

You are always so informative.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

RW

Quote from: "reel"
Quote from: "RW"I actually love that I'm a walking bio system :)

Apparently puddles of blue-green algae slime have managed to quickly and effectively navigate a labyrinth to reach a food source.

Whenever I say something mean, it's my bacterial culture talking, I swear.

I'm going to have to use that next time.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

I came across a web site awhile back about a company wanting to buy your poop.  I thought about it and checked into it because hey, if I can make some cash off of something I'm just going to flush anyways.. But sadly, it isn't available for prospective Canadians  :sad:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I came across a web site awhile back about a company wanting to buy your poop.  I thought about it and checked into it because hey, if I can make some cash off of something I'm just going to flush anyways.. But sadly, it isn't available for prospective Canadians  :sad:

ac_wot

J0E

Renn, the way for you or anyone else to lose weight is simple:

1) Cut out the sugar, starchy foods, candies, cookies, pop, and other sweets

2) Cut out fats such as butter, high fructose corn syrup, soy based foods. Use Olive Oil instead

3) Eat a lot of wild salmon and asparagus, brocolli every day

4) Eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, such as blueberries, cherries, and other dark fruits.

5) Drink freshly squeezed juice and other organic substances such as almonds

6) Drink/consume only high quality organic  skim milk from a reputable and local dairy.

In short, the overweight person should ingest as many organic foods as they can. Because they are live food which are essentially laxatives that make a person shit and piss out all the fat in their system.

An overweight person has fat everywhere in their body - in their stomachs, their intestines, their bloodstream, their brain. So if a person can flush out all the fats then they can start shedding weight.

The other thing, after a heaping helping of organic foods aka laxatives, then go out and work up a sweat in a gym or a walking trail. this gets the body working and maximizes the effects of the organic foods. It will accelerate the flushing process.

Anyways, I followed the above regimen for 4 months during the summer and lost 30 lbs.

It takes discipline but it works.